South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Annual SAMCSociety.com Meetup and BBQ - June 12, 2010

+7
DirtFreak
wseibert
mick01
hayweed
Phantom
Edera
Dragon
11 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

1st Annual SAMCSociety.com Meetup and BBQ - June 12, 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Annual SAMCSociety.com Meetup and BBQ - June 12, 2010

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:35 am

I didnt know any of it had on there, meant nothing by the comment as to pointing fingers. I had a guy on a vrod with all the gizmos at the bar one night and was very sure that he would leave my little asian rice box in the dust, it didnt go well for him. Have you had it dynoed? if so how does it compare to a stock mill, and are you still running pump gas

Back to top Go down

1st Annual SAMCSociety.com Meetup and BBQ - June 12, 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Annual SAMCSociety.com Meetup and BBQ - June 12, 2010

Post by Dragon Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:50 am

Around 98 at the wheel. Andy had it dynoed before I added the Bassani two step pro street exhaust, so it should be a little higher than that now. It was around 54 if I remember correctly before, which part of that was my fault, I was new to setting a Power Commander V. Which I'm sure yours has more than that.

Some of the issues I am working through now in final tweaks are that I have a stock rear tire on it and am not sure yet it wont slip once I torque it hard. I know the clutch wont slip, it's a 2500 pound racing clutch with a power assist. Andy assures me if I take it above 5000 and dump it, it will stand straight up in the air. However he also warns it will start snapping belts if I do it often from a standing start. So...I am considering going to a dual chain. My first experience with belts and I have never felt they were near as durable as a chain anyway, too many horror stories I have heard about belts. If I go dual chain, tire will definitely have to be upgraded, the added torque force will chew it down to the cords, that I do know.

Since the build, it runs far hotter than it did before, so I will definitely need an oil cooler and perhaps a side fan as well. Does fine in the open, but stop and go it will boil you.

I have had more than my share of fast bikes, but they were all imports before. So this is new in many ways. And unlike my 20's, I learned the hard way not to just jump on and twist er WOT the first time. Start breaking stuff on it now, it's gonna hurt right in the wallet.

Funny you mention gas....am currently looking for a race gas supplier on this side of the bay cuz although Andy says it will run street, I can tell from when I picked it up with race fuel in it, it doesn't like it much. Currently on no ethanol high octane with NOS additive.

Whoever the guy you were talking about with the vrod...I agree he was an idiot. Buying a hot bike doesn't make anyone a racer. Nor have I ever said outright any bike I owned would own anyone elses, we just went and found out and for me, always for fun, I never bought into pinks or cash. And don't ask me top end, the speedo stops at 80. Which DOES piss me off, I miss my old CB750 hondas speedo which went to 180...*grin*
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:56 am

I own a speed shop in foley I specialize in domestic v8's and do alot of one off custom parts. I'll get with you at the party, I know alot of fuel places that can help you. if you could give me an octane rating I could help more. I wasnt trying to drum up a race, just a gear head with a sickness and really like learning newer areas. just an idea since your going to run race gas anyway why not switch to alchohol. cooler temps all around, you even have frost on the intake side Twisted Evil hehehehe. but thats just my sick mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:59 am

just for giggles and apologies to the misses but my speedo hits 210 I would be happy to help you my friend

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:54 am

Hey dragon. I posted a link in your thread for a fan. I think it was in the Harley forum.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:54 am

Back to the Party,

I have comfirmed the following

Two people have said they are bringing the Baked Beans and a Pasta salad.

Dragon and I have covered, Hamburger, buns, All the eating utensils, He may put on a slab a ribs with his special Sauce, just to munch on. I'm making a Potato dish.

I want to make this perfectly clear. I know that times are rough for some people, and if you can't bring something, That's fine, just bring yourself. I know from past experience with cookouts there is always way too much food anyway. All are welcome from this forum, with their wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, or what ever you have as a Significant other. And we have a fairly large living room and garage. We are not going to call this because of rain, just move it inside. PM me with what you Are bringing, and If your dish needs a serving spoon, please bring one, that's the only thing I'm short on.

OK, back to the bike discussion. And @Nickestes, I need to speak with you about something for my bike when you're at the party. See I'm not such a bad wife.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Sounds good nickestes. I very much appreciate the help. Very Happy I got Andy to send me a list of stuff, and I quote him here:
Bored your cylinders to 103 ci.
Screaming eagle 110 heads with compression releases
Dave macky 598 lift cams
Adjustable pushrods
Lock up clutch assy
Special forged dome pistons cut to my specs for the 110 heads
Double moly ring set
Thick wall wrist pin set
Race headgaskets \
Every thing else is a secret and I aint telling .
Very Happy

I am checking with him about the fuels and we will talk about the speedo.

Thanks for the info Hayweed, I will look into those. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:30 pm

I can bring cookies.... store bought ones. Not allowed to cook... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 pm

I think a couple are bringing desserts. MADE ones Amish...neener neener....Razz

edera is in charge of keeping it all straight, so everyone send her a PM with what you're bringing and how many are coming, she will send the address back. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:41 pm

i already know the address... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Yes yes I know.....you have met the Dragon and live to tell the tale..... alien
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Amish, Sandy has you cover. As Usual. Just show up on the shiny new ride of yours.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:53 pm

I'll help anyway possible, any thing that someone needs just hit me up. I have a taco salad dish that I can bring that covers some major snackage. should help take care of all the fellow heavy eaters like me.

quite a list of mods, sounds alot like some of the "lil" tricks we run. like I said either a compression ratio or a "suggested" octane rating I can help you find a supplier for fuel as I am not a dealer in my current facility.

I''ll try to help you edera, what exactly are you looking for

everyone look at the Bike show JULY 31st

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Got an email back, he says he runs VP 112. But any octane from 100 to 116 will work. Doesn't recommend alcohol as it is not completely set up for that and it will get it into the oil on short trips and hard start in cooler weather.

I need to get this stuff over to my 09 thread, I am threadjacking myself......lol!
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:43 pm

What Bike Show??? Any time I can show off ACE I will. Is it local? Detail please. And your Taco salad dish sounds great, If you want to bring everything with you and assemble here, That OK with me. Tell me what kind of bowl/dish you need so I have one out. Do I need to get some Chips to go with that?

And honey this thread was High-Jacked a long time ago, don't worry about it now LOL
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:09 pm

bike show posted

its all rolled into one it is its own dish just need large bowl. one of those bachelor dishes that you come up with

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Will have you either a large bowl or an Aluminum pan you can mix it all in. Just bring the stuff to make it in your saddle bags.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:20 am

its all mixed before I get there in a bag just one serving bowl is needed. was that a cruiser finger poke at me with the saddle bags, my exhaust would melt such hardware

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 am

Naw nick we can get you some over the tank bags! In super cool hot pink! It'll be really cooool...ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 am

yep just what I need is stuff flying off at 180

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:10 am

dont worry nick. It will come off WAYYYY before 180. lol!
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 am

Something wrong with pink? ;p

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:23 am

As a matter of fact......YES. I get enough crap from people now. And mine's purple. I could only imagen if it were (gasp) pink.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 am

I can't remember my own name sometimes let alone what people ride. LOL
I'm trying to make the BBQ Biker Friendly As in, easy to transport by Motorcycle of any kind. I forgot you road a sport bike quite honestly Embarassed Nope we don't need anything flying off the bike. I made a note to have a bowl for your salad.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:08 pm

nah its cool I use my rucksack to transport anything, heck I carry series 24 car batteries in it for my shop, have often almost found myself wishing for bags.... almost Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next