South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm

+14
river rat
TheOldGuy
camo
Hondarat
ZombieNNN
Paladin
keystiger
intruderrider
hayweed
jmunsey
Edera
crispy
Miss G
Dragon
18 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm Empty Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm

Post by Dragon Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Last June edera and I hosted the first ever meetup and BBQ for this group. From all accounts it was a rousing success, we had BBQ ribs, beverages and several did a ride together afterwards, most for the first time. It was also actually where one of our first banners came from that is still on the club cards I have available.

Some pics from then, although there are a lot more in the older pages.

Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm DSC06191
Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm DSC06193
Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm DSC06189
Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm RoadShot
Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm GroupPhoto

Annnyway....been talkin to a few about it, several have mentioned wanting one, so I am starting a tentative plan for late August to host the second annual one. Weekend of course and although last time edera and I footed the bill for the meat (Ribs with my super secret BBQ sauce recipe that has been claimed by many over the 20 yrs I been working on it as being "The BEST damn BBQ I ever eated!" ) I need a couple people (or more) to volunteer to split the bill for that this time. (Translation=unemployed Wink )
I get ribs from Sams Club for the best prices I have found so far and it takes 3 days to prep them. Wink I will just keep the receipt and we can settle up that day.

Like before, edera will be making her "Death by the Forkfull" potato casserole (Which we caught Paladin several times trying to sneak out the back door with the whole damn bowl, it's THAT good too Wink ), but we will need others to bring potluck stuff, salads, beverages, etc. Obviously hard to bring on a bike, so post here what ya wanna bring, get with edera so we can have a good spread of choices and either you can get with us to bring stuff beforehand or my truck will be available for a store run that day.

Last two weekends in Aug. are the 20-21 and 27-28. So make with the ideas, suggestions and goodies. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm Empty Re: Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm

Post by Miss G Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Great idea and will be more than glad to help $$-wise. I will likely be back at work by then soooo....that will eat up either Sat for me. Not the whole day but the better part of. BUT...I WILL be there!! cheers
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm Empty Re: Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm

Post by crispy Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 pm

It sounds like a plan to me. We can help with anything yall need.
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:49 pm

You all know, it can be a Sunday as well, if Saturdays are hard for everyone to plan for. Heck, If I get the job I interview for on the 22nd, It just may have to be a Sunday afternoon. Keep that in mind as well.

Ok Suggestions anyone? We can do Chicken or ribs in this sauce, both are good, so if you'd rather have Chicken say so.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Sounds great! Maybe we could just plan on everyone going and donating something for the cause. Would that work? Perhaps a Sunday may work best? I was hoping to make it last year but had to travel out of town unexpectedly. Sure hope to make it this time.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Ribs are good but chicken is cheaper, usually. Just a thought. A Sunday might be best...just sayin'. Wink
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Sunday would work best for most. I personally would prefer chicken. No problem with helping out. We can also bring the pasta salad that everyone likes so much.

hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Yes of course it doesn't have to be ribs. Just tossing out something a little different from the usual BBQ chicken/burgers. Very Happy

Perhaps a poll of what everyone would like. Smile
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 pm

A poll has been set up.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Where is the poll?
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Sorry. Working on it now.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Ok. Poll is up again.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:45 pm

hayweed wrote:Sorry. Working on it now.

Oops...sorry. Guess I got excited. Geez...doesn't take much, huh? Embarassed
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Miss G wrote:

JEEZ, why dontcha just whip the guy, too.... bounce
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by intruderrider Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 pm

I would enjoy a good Sunday dinner and ride. I have a suggestion too how about having a bbq place(?) cater it this would a set price for a plate and keep from having a few people from incurring all the work.
intruderrider
intruderrider
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Because nobody make my potatoes. LOL just kidding.

We don't mind doing the cooking, in all honesty, just can't foot the bill this year. We have a Sam's club card, and either ribs or chicken on our grill is easy. I do a lot of prep work the day before and a Clear out the Fridge if anyone wants to bring things early, Also I always have bowls and pans if anyone wants to prep anything and then put it together here. That's what some did last year, and then there is Publix, Wal-Mart and Winn-Dixie all within a mile of here, so a Store run is not out of the question.

We will need a Watermelon we can put on ice. Nothing like that for dessert, or am I the only one who likes it.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Dragon wrote:
Miss G wrote:

JEEZ, why dontcha just whip the guy, too.... bounce

Oh gosh....and now you're talking about whipping... Twisted Evil
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Edera wrote:Because nobody make my potatoes. LOL just kidding.

We don't mind doing the cooking, in all honesty, just can't foot the bill this year. We have a Sam's club card, and either ribs or chicken on our grill is easy. I do a lot of prep work the day before and a Clear out the Fridge if anyone wants to bring things early, Also I always have bowls and pans if anyone wants to prep anything and then put it together here. That's what some did last year, and then there is Publix, Wal-Mart and Winn-Dixie all within a mile of here, so a Store run is not out of the question.

We will need a Watermelon we can put on ice. Nothing like that for dessert, or am I the only one who likes it.

Watermelon for dessert?? Heck yeah! Count me in!! What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:08 pm

intruderrider wrote:I would enjoy a good Sunday dinner and ride. I have a suggestion too how about having a bbq place(?) cater it this would a set price for a plate and keep from having a few people from incurring all the work.

Perhaps you missed this part:

Second annual SAMCS Meetup/BBQ Aug 21 at 2pm DSC06191

lol!

Just razzin ya, Bro. Very Happy

Naw, we love to host and I love to BBQ. I sure didn't buy that monster grill to cook fer me and her ( and the dog. ) lol!
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Dragon! lol!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Certainly count me in. I was unable to attend last year (just moved back to Daphne in August last year)
Not sure what the turn out was last year #'s wise. And this is just a suggestion, cover charge?--- so to speak-- 5-6 ( or whatever) bucks a head collected at the door?
Not sure if that would be o.k. But I know I attended many a party back in the day (o.k. mass quantities of alcohol where involved) and you "put in" at the door to cover the kegs....(and the damages that usually occurred ) to the hosts place.

However if its more a "pot luck" deal we can certainly contribute. OR help with set up---or cleanup. Whatever you need. Let me know. Very Happy
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by intruderrider Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 pm

I didnt miss that big ole grill cyclops . and if I am able to make it I will help in anyway I can.
intruderrider
intruderrider
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Did we resolve the exact date yet? Also, what about another meet & greet or bike night at the same place as last week, a week or so ahead of time...we could collect donations then and have the money upfront and define a good game plan as to who brings what, etc??

Just a thought!

;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:11 am

Yo know that is a great idea Jmunsey. It's looking like a Sunday is the best right now. So either the 21st or the 28th. for the BBQ. Then we can discuss from there your idea which is an excellent one for me anyway.

Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 am

I will be there. And am able to to help out with the $$ too.

Oh and by the way, my wife has made it twice since then too Twisted Evil

Last edited by Paladin on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next