South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW PHOTO!

+10
JSteele
camo
crispy
01YZF6
ZombieNNN
Paladin
weirdbeard
hayweed
Dragon
joeyputt
14 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT!    NEW PHOTO! - Page 4 Empty Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW PHOTO!

Post by Paladin Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:19 pm

OMG that could soo be in the arsonal of iron man .
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT!    NEW PHOTO! - Page 4 Empty Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW PHOTO!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Looks awesome Joey, Those colors are perfect man, what a great choice! I cant wait to see more! My camera is still roached but I am going to try to borrow one from a friend for the trip, and hell yes Caroline is going! Bad news though, I was unable to finish the rear sets in time for the trip so I swapped back to stock controls for the time being. I have been busy getting ready for the trip, so I will be on and off until after I get back....get some work done so I have something to look forward too! Cheers brother!

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Damn, really good work. Looking forward to the finished product.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks to all, that really means a lot to me! Draconis I would love to build some movie bikes! Twisted you all have a safe trip, and have a great time! Zombie I appreciate the compliment and I can not wait to see her finished either!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 pm

As I mentioned before I was planning on putting gold inlay into the engravings so I could not resist spraying a little of the copper color into the engraving to see how it would look...I am kinda digging the copper though now that I tested it as it matches the rocker box...this is a bad photo I took at night and the cover still needs a lot of sanding to get ready to polish but here is an idea of what it will look like...
DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT!    NEW PHOTO! - Page 4 100_4742-1

Last edited by joeyputt on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:53 am

Ok it is after midnight and I am quitting for the evening! Here is the other side, I will try and finish up the floral design tomorrow and post up a photo of the whole cover...
DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT!    NEW PHOTO! - Page 4 100_4752-1
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:03 am

Looks sweet Joey.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 am

wow ! that is truly impressive Joey ! nice labor of love you got going on there !
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by crispy Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:08 am

looks great man
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks guys! Here is the whole shifter side cover with the copper in it, still need to finish sanding for polish...
DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT!    NEW PHOTO! - Page 4 100_4759
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:01 pm

giving a whole new meaning to the "STEEL HORSE I ride"
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:23 pm

I am happy you joined this site bro! There is a great group of people here!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:42 pm

I promise I will ride the 8.564 miles it takes to get to your shop one of these days Joe !

I would love to see these in person !

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Yeah man stop in and check them out!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Man that looks so good,.. Its frustrating because I know I could do it if I could draw, but I am a terrible artist. Nice job frustrating me Joey. Razz

I would like to check out your shop! I wonder how long a ride it is to Dothen? Suspect
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:52 pm

weirdbeard wrote:

I would like to check out your shop! I wonder how long a ride it is to Dothen? Suspect

if you take 10 e to 231 about 3.5 hours with no stops.
the scenic route, you may as well make it an all day ride to enjoy it along the way.....
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Weirdbeard you have an open invitation to stop in anytime of course...but you would probably laugh at my shop! I do not know if you read the book I wrote at the beginning of this thread, it is a long story but my big shop burned to the ground around 5 years ago and after taking a total loss of a lifetime collection of tools and equipment, engines and parts, and of course all of my bikes with the exception of this 550 which I am restoring now I just never had the heart to build another big shop and actually just have a nice little 12x24 with a big bullpen off the back that I work out of mostly, I do also have another 20x30 area I have been using here lately and have finally decided to go ahead and start on putting up another big shop the first of the year, it has taken me a long time to get over that loss but I thank God for the fire not taking the house and keeping my family safe as my shop is at my home, we live in the country. But I have been building bikes my entire life and do a lot of custom builds here locally and a lot of racing/performance work...maybe one of these days I will post up some photos of past builds. Got a few interesting machines I did recently...I am the guy that builds that stuff that most folks say can not be done...and am really old school and build everything by hand including framework, tanks, fenders, swingarms, etc. with a speedsquare, level, paper and pencil and the whole bit! Hell man I have been a student of the game my entire life and growing up racing and playing we never had the cash to outbuy other folks to be faster so we have always built everything! Man here I go with another book! Anyway brother yes you are always more than welcome to stop in for a visit and it would be my honor to have you here. But I understand the drive and I have been trying to get yz to stop in for a bit and he is right down the road but if you are like me sometimes it is just hard to get away!

Last edited by joeyputt on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Weirdbeard on the engraving I just roughed up the cover with a little sandpaper so you could draw on it with a pencil and then just run over the pencil with the dremel...I have not tried it as I just drew mine but if you find a design you like you could probably lay a piece of carbon paper on the cover and the design you want on top and trace over it and it might transfer the design to the cover then you can just run over it with the dremel! Anyone here can polish or engrave, it is nothing but a bunch of patience and time, you should try some man I bet you would come up with some killer designs man!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:05 pm

I did not see that about your shop burning down.. Thats my worse nightmare.. It might take you a while, but you will rebuild your collection I am sure.

I would not mind taking a ride up that way.. I bet I could do it in 2.5hrs. Very Happy

Thats a really great idea about tracing a pattern on and then engraving.. I think I could handle that.. You would not want to see my free hand drawing. Mad
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 pm

We are always here so feel free to drop in anytime you want to take a ride, we used to go to pensacola here and there and I think it took around 2 hours...you can take interstate 10 or highway 90 over and head north on 77 at chipley or north on 231 at cottondale either way I am only about 20 minutes from 10 or 90..90 and 77 would be more of a country ride but slower speed limits and 10 and 231 major highway

I think I may have posted it for deviant already but the dremel bit I used was part number 107 and was only three dollars but I have since found a set of five that has much smaller bits in it I want to grab next!

Yeah brother that fire deal is bad man, and insurance did not pay so it was a total loss...I still go to grab tools and parts that I had and then it hits me that they were lost
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:38 pm

joeyputt wrote:

Yeah brother that fire deal is bad man, and insurance did not pay so it was a total loss...I still go to grab tools and parts that I had and then it hits me that they were lost

I might have to get a dremel. I have a pneumatic die grinder, but I bet it would be to award.

I truly feel your pain with loosing your shop and your tools. I am a tool whore. I love all my tools and I just don't know what I would do if I lost them. Crying or Very sad
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:45 pm

That die grinder would probably work well, my dremel is actually a little larger than the die grinder I have...and yeah man my tools are an extension of me so I totally understand!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm a tool whore also weirdbeard, my ol' lady says that they are the other women

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:36 pm

nickestes wrote:I'm a tool whore also weirdbeard, my ol' lady says that they are the other women

I'm so glad I have found some people that don't think thats weird. Very Happy
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:45 am

I will tell you what is weird, my wife actually understands my love for my tools...?
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next