South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown!

+6
crispy
weirdbeard
Paladin
Phantom
Dragon
hayweed
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:06 am

Whatever helps ya sleep at night Nick. Razz
But seriously I'd love to see some pics of all the stuff you do.
I got the tank in primer last night and tonight I'm going to go do the final bondo work. I also got the rest of the valve cover polished up. I'll post pics up with tonight's update.

Back to top Go down

Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Wow, guess since I was not a member of the forum, I guess I got no credit for all the help, design, or imput..........

I see how it is!
Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Now that you're a member, the dirty truth can come out! Shocked
This my bud I told y'all about with the 350 four. And yes he used to come over and help me back before he had a project of his own! He's a cool guy that I have been friends with forever. We grew up together in Monroeville, Al (REPRESENT!) I just scanned through the thread and saw no mention of Twisted as it pertains to his working on the bike. He was instrumental in the orange bodywork and paint. Also we drilled the levers on his drill press. And the boat motor seat is 1000% better thanks to his involvement in the process. He was also there and contributing his ideas and elbow grease throughout that stage of the build. Dolores is a better bike because of his involvement. So here's your props bro!
Now get that sand out of your vagina and start showing us some pics of Eileen!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:02 am

looks sweet...I would love to have the time and money for a project

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:08 pm

I've got about 1200 in her total valkyrie. Including purchase price. Now the time thing... It has taken me two years to do Dolores, mostly due to the fact that I have a wife and 3 kids and not much money or time to spare. But I've been riding her all along too, I've put about 7000 miles on her since I got her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:09 pm

By the way: Dolores is done right now. I'm just waiting to post pics of the final build stage until after the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Oh now...you DID break the "Bro Rule" you're supposed to have said "A Bro helped me out."

Bad, deviant, BAD....no cookies. Razz
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Gave him his dues and then called him out. ... Nice bike though. I like the way it turned out.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:11 pm

camo wrote:Gave him his dues and then called him out. ...
Gotta keep it real dude! He'd think I didn't love him any more if I didn't give him some poo every now and again.
I forgot to update this thread with some beauty shots...
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3233
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3226
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3235
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3236
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3220
As of right now she's waiting on an oil seal and some brake pads and shoes. And there's a fuel leak on the tank... so I've got to fix all of that soon...
Good news is there will be a new paint scheme when it's all said and done. May wait till winter on the paint though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Is that Kawasaki green?

*Runs like Hell*
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Geez dude... For the huindreth time it's not kawi green. Of course it doesn't matter becuase I am starting to HATE that green. I hope I can hold off from doing a repaint till winter.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:19 pm

man this thread makes me want to build a bike again.

I understand you messin with twisted, he seems like he can take it though....
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Just messin with ya. Actually hopin you took my advice on some of either of the secret paint thingies we discussed........Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Yeah he said you were kind of a jerk...

Razz

Just kidding he said you were a pretty hip cat. Hope to make it out to meet ya sometime. As soon as I can get my bike to stop pissing oil that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Dragon, I know dude. It's all good! I'm considering your top secret ideas, but I also have a few other top secret ideas under consideration. I'll send you a pm when I actually make a decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 pm

your bike told me to ask you a favor:
(dolores) "Please oh PLEASE....wash me.......wash me PLEASE!"

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:51 pm

She's a dirty girl Twisted. She LOVES it!

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:22 pm

My Bike gets washed at least once a year wether it needs it or not...Anything more than that it might start feeling like a pampered weekend sunny day only bike. ..
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:28 pm

camo wrote:My Bike gets washed at least once a year wether it needs it or not...Anything more than that it might start feeling like a pampered weekend sunny day only bike. ..

HAHAHAHA

You just made friends with Deviat for sure, the only time his bike gets washed is when Dewayne does it.......

Dewayne....d wayne....the rain! hahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 pm

BWAHAHA
Wow you tried really hard for that one bro!

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 pm

My daughters get the hose out and go at the bike with a wash cloth every now and then, But they miss more then they clean, I ride it everyday so i dont get much chance to wash it.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 am

Okay, it's been a while but I've got some more done! Wink
First thing was a bit of polishing. I rode out to Twisted's house and used his bench grinder and polishing kit to shine up my homebrew top clamp. It looks great now!
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3311
I also polished the tweak bar on the forks but I don't have a good pic of it right now. Next I installed the drilled sprocket cover that I've had laying around since last winter. It looks good as well (forgive the motor... Twisted was right, she needs a cleanin!)
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3315
Twisted also helped me out by braizing the leak on tank shut. But in doing so we melted a good bit of the bodywork around the front of the tank. So I got to work with the bondo and sandpaper... again. I ended up leveling off the seam at the front of the tank. Ya know, since I was there anyway...
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3309

"Wait a second... That's not green." Nope. Dolores is now Almond! She's the color of a 1974 Maytag refrigerator! Big thanks to Twisted for laying the rattle bomb down. That guy is like rainman, only with paint instead of numbers Razz
"Definately Almond."
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3316
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3319
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3317
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 100_3321
She's only in mockup in these pics. I've still got to hook the petcock back up and reattach the fuel lines. Plus the tank is sitting on top of the mounting rubber instead of through it, so the tank is high in the back. I've got a few other things to do today, but they're small things. I'm excited about the new color though. I can't wait to show everyone at Barber. I'm not posting this on Dotheton.com until after the festival, that way all of those guys will be surprised when they see her. Plus I'm going to try to find a decent striper up there to lay down some hot-rod stripes and flourishes. I think Dolores might be done for real pretty soon. Maybe...

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:49 am

I definitely like the white better.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks hayweed. I really never liked the green at all. As soon as it was on the bike, I knew that it didn't work. The almond is better. I'm going to end up doing bedliner in the dents and some old-school striping, also going to rewrap the pipes with the white wrap. Once it dirties up it'll set it off I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Just one of them funny ideas that pop into my head, but after seeing the sprocket cover one struck me right off...Steampunk theme....and as far as I know...something that has not been done much yet as to bikes...the cafe style you already have would ease it right on in, too....Twisted Evil

A scooter, just to give a general idea:

Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 Steampunk-motorycle-outside-tom-steam

More visual images:
Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 Strmtrpr_metal

Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 Sattec_resized

Project Dolores: Got the exhuast mounted. Then blew a tire. Then began teardown! - Page 3 Chicara_art_3

Just a thought. And yes...I always go for the weird, unusual, rare and twisted rides...Twisted Evil
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next