South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Dolores and some other projects

5 posters

Go down

Project Dolores and some other projects Empty Project Dolores and some other projects

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Here are some shots of my baby. She's a 1972 Honda CB750 that I bought in stock trim about three years ago. I've been modifying her ever since. She's about to undergo another transformation with new paint, tank, top triple clamp, etc. Here's a shot of her when I first got her running...
Project Dolores and some other projects 02-07-08_1111
Here's a beauty shot of her now...
Project Dolores and some other projects SDC11727
Here's the tank I'm working on to put onto Dolores:
Project Dolores and some other projects Tank6
I've also got a 1985 Honda Rebel250 that I'm doing a bobber build on. I'll be giving it to my stepson when he turns 14 and gets his endorsement. Here's a shot of her as she sits right now with the motor out.
Project Dolores and some other projects 100_2647
The tank on the rebel is aluminum from an old dirtbike. It'll get polished.
And here's my cb350 project. I haven't started in on here yet. But as soon as the bobber is done she's going under the knife too!
Project Dolores and some other projects 100_2301
I'm stoked to have a local riders forum! I hope this thing really takes off!

Back to top Go down

Project Dolores and some other projects Empty Re: Project Dolores and some other projects

Post by Phantom Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Impressive. You've got me thinking about another project now.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Project Dolores and some other projects Empty Re: Project Dolores and some other projects

Post by Dragon Thu May 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Looks to be an enjoyable stable in progress. Very Happy

They give endorsements at 14 now? Shocked

Back in my day it was 16 with a restriction of 150cc or less until 18.

(Didn't stop me from riding 350 hondas on occasion though, hehehe )
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Yeah dude! 14 yrs old and 250cc's or under! Crazy. He's ridden moto-x all his life but I'm still starting to worry a bit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Wow. I am stunned. I hope you take somewhat of a heavy stance on him attending an MSF course, though. Very Happy

Since he has riding experience, I worry not so much for him but more for the cagers seeing him. Wink

Can also pick up a dvd copy of "Ride like a Pro" series pretty reasonable from amazon or such as well. Good stuff there, even for seasoned riders.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu May 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Growing up it was 15. You had to have your permit. I dont remember if there was a size limit or not. First street bike was a honda 250 custom so it did not mater. I went from that to the Seca Turbo. Talk about a step up. Almost killed myself the first time that turbo spooled up.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 6:24 pm

A Seca Turbo. I'm jealous. One day I hope to own a CX650 Turbo.
As for the MSF course, I've already planned those. I'm going to go with him!

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu May 20, 2010 7:30 pm

I sold that bike for $250 just to get it out of my yard. I did see one on craigs list not too long ago for like $2500. in mint, one owner.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 7:53 am

Yeah, the turbo bikes are getting expensive!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Your rides rock!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Diggin' that cb750...have owned several and they are great bikes! I will post up some pics of our cb550fours! have a first year 550 and '77 550 supersport...
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:14 am

joeyputt wrote:Diggin' that cb750...have owned several and they are great bikes! I will post up some pics of our cb550fours! have a first year 550 and '77 550 supersport...

Sounds like my kind of stable, I have a 73 CB350F!

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm

So your the dirty dog that bought the 350 before I had a chance to buy it first... I see how it goes.

I saw it posted after it was already sold. so no foul. I settled for the XS project now.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Alex did not buy a 350, he just got rid of one not too long ago! The one piced above he had for a while but sold it to a member on here a few weeks or so back.

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Oh Yeah man the supersport was my first big bike...rode honda mini trails, cl100's etc. growing up but our family has a proud history of racing karts, well when I was just a kid a neighbor a few houses up had an old racing kart with a mac91 engine on it we bought cheap and a couple weeks later he wanted to buy it back and I was up at his house chilling on his supersport when his sister told me he wanted to by it back...well the little smart mouth kid I was naturally said he would have to give me this bike to get that kart back (jokingly of course) Imagine the grin on my face when I got off the schoolbus and there was the 550 supersport in my driveway! I was just a young kid and had the coolest bike around...still makes me smile! did a 900 mile trip on it in a day once and it never even hiccuped (except for the chain I threw (good thing I took a spare!), anyway somehow I managed to hang on to her through the years! Have been fortunate enough to ride and have owned nearly every make of bike out there and have a love affair with them all but the vintage hondas will always have a special place in my heart!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 pm

tWistedWheelz wrote:Alex did not buy a 350, he just got rid of one not too long ago! The one piced above he had for a while but sold it to a member on here a few weeks or so back.

Gothca, i thought he bought the bike I see now he has the other bike frame that ws for sale also.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:49 am

Yeah, I sold the 68 to Phantom a while back. He resold it to a friend of his. Hopefully that fella is working on it. I always loved that bike. I just don't have the room or time for it right now, but there will be another one some day. They're not terribly hard to find after all.
Joey: Post us up some pics dude! Good to have another member into vintage bikes. There's getting to be a lot of us! Dolores is green now, but she'll be oxblood and black in time for Barber.
Project Dolores and some other projects 100_3227

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:58 am

Here is an old pic of the cb550four , I will have to pull it out of the shop and take a few fresh shots of her and post them up! This bike is pretty much stock with the exception of a kerker pipe, accel coils and wires, seat, and I repainted it a few years back...man this bike sounds better than most any newer modell 600cc I have heard! Everyone always trips out when we fire her off! My dad found this bike years ago for an awesome price pretty close to how she is sitting now!
Project Dolores and some other projects 100_3111
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:26 am

Nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks...I have the engine out of the supersport to polish and building a new roller to put her back in...I foolishly built a chopper out of her back in the day but it was fun back them, want to go back vintage racer style similar to dolores with it, will add pics as work progresses!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Very cool joey....start a thread for you build!

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Hey Deviant1 Congratulations on bike of the month! Sweet!!!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down