South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new rider and new to all forums

+20
erljhnsn2003
beachbum_
camo
river rat
JSteele
72shovelhead
Melissakins
saltcreep
Miss G
jughead
yellawd
ZombieNNN
Scadoodle
intruderrider
hayweed
crispy
T-Ray
Dragon
jpg0511
jasongsgirl
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

new rider and new to all forums - Page 2 Empty Re: new rider and new to all forums

Post by crispy Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:59 am

good luck today ride safe cheers
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

new rider and new to all forums - Page 2 Empty Re: new rider and new to all forums

Post by saltcreep Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Welcome to the Board, and hope you have a good day riding!
saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 am

Nice looking bike, and enjoy the ride.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:38 am

Good luck to ya girlie! I'm sure you'll do just fine. What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissakins Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:53 am

Welcome aboard! Smile I'm new to riding. Just been riding 6 months. Glad to see another chick aboard Smile

I took the MSF class back in February and have been riding ever since.

Like others have said, ride your own ride, go as slow as you need to until you feel comfortable driving. Don't let anyone make you think you need to go faster.

Headsets for communicating with your hubby or friends are a GREAT investment, wear all your gear all the time (ATGATT), look both ways before going through an intersection and keep thinking that cagers are out to get you even if they're not. Keep that distance between you and the car ahead of you to avoid mishaps Smile

Look forward to seeing you on the road! Smile
Melissakins
Melissakins

Back to top Go down

Post by jasongsgirl Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:07 pm

well I PASSED!!!! I am so excited now i need to go get my motorcycle license and my tag and im going in one week to get all that, then im going to be practicing in my neighborhood for awhile before i get on the real roads, but I CANT WAIT to start riding and getting people together to have rides and eat GOOD food too! and im from west mobile where are you from melissakins? and miss g i see your profile says robertsdale al not sure where thats at but we can always meet in the middle to ride? maybe we all can? CANT WAIT!
jasongsgirl
jasongsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm

welcome from NE pensacola!
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Hey Jasonsgirl,

I started riding 2 1/2 years ago i learned to ride. My fist bike was a Vulcan 500. I am a big guy but even that intimidated me. I trailered it to Magnolia Springs Cemetary out Old Pascagoula Rd. in Theodore. It is a large cemetary with at least 2 miles of twisty paved drives. Saturday or Sunday afternoons are best. No traffic and safer than a neighborhood for learning. After about 2 hours I was alot more comfortable.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by jasongsgirl Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:05 pm

That sounds awesome and after I get my lisence and tag if any one wants to maybe we can meet there at the cemetery and if you guys/ gals want to help me practice that would be awesome, just let me know that sounds cool
jasongsgirl
jasongsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ray Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Congrats on passing your class. If I can ever get on one of the planned rides i look forward to meeting you and Jason. If you guys ever ride to the beach let me know.
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by jasongsgirl Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 pm

well thank you T-Ray, and once i get better and more experienced at riding hopefully we will all be able to plan rides on the beach, I LOVE THE BEACH! and now you have to get your wife to start riding! nothing against men but we need all the women we can get! Razz
jasongsgirl
jasongsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 am

Robertsdale is across the Bay in Baldwin Co. What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:31 am

It helps that ladies like Jasonsgirl, Mrs G and a few others show our spouses that females can enjoy riding thier own bike. I keep telling mine that she does not know what she's missing.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 am

Nothing wrong at all with Lady Riders. Smile

Congrats on passing. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissakins Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 am

I'm in Bay Minette, north of Robertsdale. Usually ride on the weekends with Hubs. We'll go scout out roads or go down to Foley/Malbis/Spanish Fort for some good eats or even the Causeway.

I got my license the week after I passed my MSF course and we got the VStrom I drive two weeks after Smile I'd learned on a Honda Shadow but had a scrum on him and never felt good driving it after that. Love Love Love my "Wee" though Smile Haven't looked back.l

I too did the drive through my neighborhood and just kept doing it. Looking waaaay into the turns, stopping abruptly, starting on hills, etc to get some good practical experience under my belt. Ventured out onto "real" streets one weekend to get some food at the Shrimp Basket in town and just kinda went from there.

You'll have so much fun Smile
Melissakins
Melissakins

Back to top Go down

Post by jasongsgirl Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Well ladies and (men) none of those places sound to far at all and like I said after I practice more and finally feel comfortable with the main roads we will ALL have to get together and just ride! And have good food too can't forget the food! And j Steele and t-ray hopefully your wifes will come to their senses eventually like I did and take a class, I think once they do they will fall in love with it. Like I did! Thanks all for being So cool about new riders
jasongsgirl
jasongsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:52 am

Hey, I CAN ride over your way any old time.... I've helped several lady friends of mine on their first rides. Someone helped me so I'm paying it forward. What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by river rat Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:59 am

Welcome jasogsgirl !! With your enthusiasm and desire to learn I'm sure you'll do great . pirat
river rat
river rat
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by jasongsgirl Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am

Hey miss g that would definitely be awesome too! I love all the help and tips i can get, I'm out of town right now coming back Sunday night and going for my motorcycle lisence Monday morning, then READY to ride, I'm actually ready RIGHT NOW, haha, but that would be cool for sure! Thanks
jasongsgirl
jasongsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:14 pm

When you feel you're ready, let me know. I'm off on Wed's. They're usually pretty packed but the afternoons are usually a little easier to free up. Now if this damned rain would go away for a while.... Rolling Eyes
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Remember to look where you want to go. This is the thing that seems to be the hardest to teach. I am a MSF instructor so Please dont look at somethign you dont want to hit. Target fixation. Practice our quick stops adn use slow look press and roll. It works.

Welcome to the forum.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 pm

welcome to the wild an crazy thing we call SAMS everyone has given you some good advice. For me when im riding i keep my eyes scanning whats going on all around me and i constantly look for the soft spot. ( thats the place i want to go to in case of emergency) keeping in mind not only other vehicles are out there but kids dogs and other little gremlins at anytime can run out in front of you so just be conscious of that and be looking for the reaction to there action. just be safe and have fun and welcome to the wonderful world of scooter riding. cya in the breeze
beachbum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by jasongsgirl Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Haha thanks for the advice guys and trust me I'm not laughing because I think you are kidding just laughing the way you worded it, I did go get my motorcycle lisence today though and of course by the time I got back home it started raining so I couldn't even go practice, tommorow though! Love any and all advice that anyone has to share always love to hear others input
jasongsgirl
jasongsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Don't over think.... I was guilty of this. I would tell myself... "don't think, do" Meaning...look at the curve, now look through it...done... See? Don't worry about the parking lot, just go into it...
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by erljhnsn2003 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 am

jasongsgirl wrote:Hello all! My name is Lucinda and my husband Jason (jpg0511) has been a member of this forum for a couple of months now and has a 2012 victory Jackpot and I am about to get my very first bike on Monday its a 2009 Suzuki GZ 250 and taking my riding lessons on august 2nd. I am VERY nervous and EXCITED at the same time! I CANT WAIT to learn how to ride! If any one has any advice I would love to hear it, Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. My one bit of advice, which you should have learned already in class, is ATTGATT. All the gear all the time. And, if you value your head at more than $40.00 don't wear a $40.00 helmet. bounce
erljhnsn2003
erljhnsn2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next