South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel Ride - Fairhope, Al ----- Nov 3rd, 4th, and 5th

+5
Miss G
Dragon
Scadoodle
hayweed
Phantom
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Angel Ride - Fairhope, Al ----- Nov 3rd, 4th, and 5th - Page 2 Empty Re: Angel Ride - Fairhope, Al ----- Nov 3rd, 4th, and 5th

Post by Scadoodle Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am

I missed all day yesterday, I still have no Idea what I did. I know I accomplished nothing. Now I have to work twice as hard today
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Angel Ride - Fairhope, Al ----- Nov 3rd, 4th, and 5th - Page 2 Empty Re: Angel Ride - Fairhope, Al ----- Nov 3rd, 4th, and 5th

Post by jmunsey Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:27 pm

The good, the bad, and the ugly:

The Good: It was a great ride and super nice weather for it and huge turn out. Ride lasted nearly an hour and a half with whole neighborhoods out along the way partying as well, waving flags and cheering everyone. I was continually honking my horn and they all reacted with more cheers. Was kinda like July 4th! They had quite a few vendors there including Mobile and ESHD. Some of the minor bacnd playing in the street party were pretty good.

The Bad: They seem to get more expensive every year. Perhaps because of the big headliners for concerts. Cost was $25 just for the ride. The bike show was around $30 I think. So if we had entered that it would have cost $110 for both of us. We did not do the bike show. At the end of the ride, security would not let us back into the street party...initially...even though we had paid $50 and had the wrist bands. Now...I don't wish to disparage the volunteers which they all are....but someone needs to coordinate them better and improve communications....after a few minutes of me about to blow a blood vessel they got the word that they were in error and let us back in.

The Ugly: I experienced a riding first! Debi took her bike and I was in the Deuce Coupe.....left early in the morning so as to hit a few yard sales before getting to Oak Hollow. Now I have had a number of back tire blow outs at highway speed both on solo bikes and sidecar rigs. We made it just about to 104 and 13 when the whole rig started vibrating and pulling real hard to the right. I put 2+2 together and figured I should pull over and see what is up. The sidecar tire was flat. That has never happened to me before. So of course the jack and can of fix a flat I normally carry were sitting nicely in my garage as I was sitting on the side of 104/13. I took Debi's bike to Walmart and bought a can of fix a flat...got back and started putting it in...the tire started to inflate...but I could hearing rushing air noise in the back of the tire.....reached around and could feel metal cord sticking out.....but I emptied that can of fix a flat and it had some inflation so I figured I could get it off the road....headed back east on 104...stopped at the Shell at 181/104...had some inflation left and I could see fix a flat slung all over the inside of the fender......thought ...screw it....let me try to make it the rest of the way home.....to Elsanor! Got into Rdale and stopped at the Chevron....not much inflation left now....went to the air pump....takes 4 quarters now!!! Pumped some more air in it and took off again.......made it back to the garage...completely flat now....so...on the bright side...it pays off to have a spare bike....fired up the Softail and headed back to the angel ride.

Anyone know where I might find an oddball 13 inch tire P145/80R13??
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Wow, what an adventure, I have no Idea where to find a tire, I'm struggling to find two scooter tires that I like, have the same speed rating and tread design for my wife's scooter. but check with Retro Cycles, he could probably point you in the right direction, on can actually get you one.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Wow, I just had a flash back from Saturday, I remember seeing a sign that said Angel ride route. Wow, I think I went to high tea at the Hotel too. I'm going to name this condition, Post miss my bike too much, Maybe I'll get a grant for research.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Scadoodle wrote:Wow, I just had a flash back from Saturday, I remember seeing a sign that said Angel ride route. Wow, I think I went to high tea at the Hotel too. I'm going to name this condition, Post miss my bike too much, Maybe I'll get a grant for research.

Dang SCott, sounds like you had something more than just tea. drunken lol!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Long island ice tea. scratch
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:39 pm

jmunsey wrote:The good, the bad, and the ugly:

The Good: It was a great ride and super nice weather for it and huge turn out. Ride lasted nearly an hour and a half with whole neighborhoods out along the way partying as well, waving flags and cheering everyone. I was continually honking my horn and they all reacted with more cheers. Was kinda like July 4th! They had quite a few vendors there including Mobile and ESHD. Some of the minor bacnd playing in the street party were pretty good.

The Bad: They seem to get more expensive every year. Perhaps because of the big headliners for concerts. Cost was $25 just for the ride. The bike show was around $30 I think. So if we had entered that it would have cost $110 for both of us. We did not do the bike show. At the end of the ride, security would not let us back into the street party...initially...even though we had paid $50 and had the wrist bands. Now...I don't wish to disparage the volunteers which they all are....but someone needs to coordinate them better and improve communications....after a few minutes of me about to blow a blood vessel they got the word that they were in error and let us back in.

The Ugly: I experienced a riding first! Debi took her bike and I was in the Deuce Coupe.....left early in the morning so as to hit a few yard sales before getting to Oak Hollow. Now I have had a number of back tire blow outs at highway speed both on solo bikes and sidecar rigs. We made it just about to 104 and 13 when the whole rig started vibrating and pulling real hard to the right. I put 2+2 together and figured I should pull over and see what is up. The sidecar tire was flat. That has never happened to me before. So of course the jack and can of fix a flat I normally carry were sitting nicely in my garage as I was sitting on the side of 104/13. I took Debi's bike to Walmart and bought a can of fix a flat...got back and started putting it in...the tire started to inflate...but I could hearing rushing air noise in the back of the tire.....reached around and could feel metal cord sticking out.....but I emptied that can of fix a flat and it had some inflation so I figured I could get it off the road....headed back east on 104...stopped at the Shell at 181/104...had some inflation left and I could see fix a flat slung all over the inside of the fender......thought ...screw it....let me try to make it the rest of the way home.....to Elsanor! Got into Rdale and stopped at the Chevron....not much inflation left now....went to the air pump....takes 4 quarters now!!! Pumped some more air in it and took off again.......made it back to the garage...completely flat now....so...on the bright side...it pays off to have a spare bike....fired up the Softail and headed back to the angel ride.

Anyone know where I might find an oddball 13 inch tire P145/80R13??

Sounds like quite a day indeed.

As for the tire:

http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/products/gb/P14580R13/1978905/TR45694200.html

Unless Hayweed can find ya one for better.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 am

Dragon.....

u da man!

I just ordered two of them....much appreciation out to Hayweed for his help.

Thanks!

Now....I need to figure out where to get a second 13" wheel and then how to mount a spare wheel on the rig. Do they make any kind of spare tire mount that would slip in to a 2" receiver?

jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:20 am

Always and FOR-ever....just glad if I can help in any way, Bro. Might sound cheezy as hell, but it is part of my personal life's creed. Smile

You mean a rim for a second 13" wheel (spare tire ) ? Now that could be a little more difficult. I am sure it compares to some type of other bolt pattern on the market. Ride on over to an auto parts store after you get the new tire put on.

A mount for a receiver should not be all that hard, but the rim....that will need a comparative rim bolt pattern.

One idea:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/spare-tire-mount-for-2-receivers/p2011887.jcwx?TID=8014524FT2&id=21975G
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 am

I ordered two tires from that Mazda link last night....got an email from them this morning....they cancelled my order!!!!
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Aw, wtf.....

Well, maybe this thread will help some. They discuss using other sizes of more available tires.

http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9101&start=1
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks!

Just got back from Hayweeds shop in Mobile. They hooked me up with a new tire. Just have to put it back on now.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2