South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kawasaki KZ1000 police bike project.

+3
Paladin
Dragon
camo
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

kawasaki KZ1000 police bike project. - Page 2 Empty Re: kawasaki KZ1000 police bike project.

Post by Dragon Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:22 am

Oh, I have a shirt that is bones...plus rubber hands.....Halloween is comin after all...Twisted Evil
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

kawasaki KZ1000 police bike project. - Page 2 Empty Re: kawasaki KZ1000 police bike project.

Post by Ghostrider Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:45 am

Dragon where did you get I have got to have one to go with the bike. PM me where you got it and the cost.
Ghostrider
Ghostrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:59 am

It came from ebay. They have other styles available as well. I paid $54 for mine on a single bid, but shipping is outrageous (overseas). I see now they have one for best offer, so you might get one for less than that. Let me know a day during the week (except for Wednesdays ) you could drop by the shop where I work and I will bring it so you can have a look at it first. Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250673554584&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:07 am

You did read the part about that helmet NOT meeting any safety requirement ? I mean make your own bed, I just wanted to make sure you are aware, its a novelty item, Not a safety item. Looks super cool though. Ride safe.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Camo, We both come from a Helmet Optional state. He knows it's not DOT approved. and Frankly we only wear a helmet because the state of AL says we have too. The Skull helmet is an accessory for Bike Show, etc. But thanks for the warning all is good.
Very Happy
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostrider Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Dam, sounds like somebody knows me well. Hell, it's probably been 15 years or more since I had a real DOT helment on my head. What is DOT anyway LOL.
Ghostrider
Ghostrider

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:24 pm

I started a new thread for this. It is back on the market.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:43 pm

It's not the kind I would wear all of the time, and yes, I always check if they are DOT or not. If you look hard enough at other riders, a great many are not wearing them either. Wink The list includes many half helmets, german style helmets, motocross helmets, 4 wheeler and snowmobile ones etc. Something to watch for at many Biker Rallies, the "great deals" they have on helmets, many are also not DOT approved, buyer beware.

Like she said, we believe in choice and while I wear one for long rides and distance traveling plus bad weather, both of us come from helmet free states. Wink

Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:53 pm

I like to always wear a dot helmet, but that's just me. Also you can buy DOT stickers for the cheapo helmets that they sell at the rallies. If Twisted's Maw-In-Law ever finishes sewing up the chin straps I'll rock the piss out of my vintage Fulmer 3/4 lid. He did a sick re-paint on it for me a while back, and he bought a DOT sticker to go on it.
Here are some shots of it right before he relined it.
kawasaki KZ1000 police bike project. - Page 2 33frontleftafterbrowspikes
kawasaki KZ1000 police bike project. - Page 2 331toprightafterbrowspikes
The 59 is for the 59 Club(see the origins and culture thread in the cafe style section for more info.).

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Awesome looker there. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:59 pm

I wear a helmet . I am a firm believer in ATGATT. All The Gear, All The Time. its your head, your choice. Thank god my brother in law is the same way . He wrecked hi concourse in Mississippi wearing all his gear adn the gear actually saved his life, No doubt about it.

I have kicked several people out the the MSF class for not having a dot helmet. One guy added the sticker, but it clearly was not DOT adn he admitted it when I busted him on it. he brought a DOT helmet in case he got caught, and he did.

I will get off my safety soap box now, you all know the risk I am sure. I have young kids so I do everything in my power to get back to them in one piece, and for me that includes wearing effective safety gear.

camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:46 am

I'm a little less firm on it than ATTGATT. I always wear a helmet (And the Fulmer was DOT approved when it was made) but as far as my jacket, it's a summer jacket and it is intolerably hot this time of the year. So a lot of the time I don't wear my jacket. But I try to wear my gloves as much as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 am

The kz 1000 is sold.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2