South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dam Ride Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going?

+8
Paladin
hayweed
jmunsey
Mrbadlands
Phantom
weirdbeard
Dragon
HenryD
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? Empty Dam Ride Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going?

Post by HenryD Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Anyone up for it?

My thoughts and I am very negotiable. Just thought I would toss this out there and see if I got any takers. Of course, all of this depends on the job (gotta pay to play) but so far its looking promising. I just figured a early start so it would not be so hot for part of the ride. By noon, we are all going to be "warm" for sure. I just posted times, not because its defined, just as a guide sorta.

1-(7ish AM) meet at Bay Minette, Hardees was my thought for a cheap breakfast and gathering point. Bay Minette seems like a good meeting spot for those in Baldwin county and those from mobile. (30 minutes or so, meet greet and eat)

2-Ride through Atmore via Hwy 31. Atmore is an old town and to me, its cool. (arrive 8ish) Stop if anyone wants to, stretch and get a drink maybe.

3- 8:30ish arrive in Brewton. Visit Murder Creek Customs, I have visited once and got the T-shirt, which is really cool IMHO. They also sell bikes so something to look at and stretch the legs while browsing. They aren't super sized so not alot to look over. Local dealer who was super nice trying to make it in today's economy. I figured maybe a trip to see "Murder Creek" and maybe a photo op or something such as that at the sign. Their T-shirt Pic Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? MCC Maybe the cops won't kill us for stopping on the bridge Twisted Evil

4- Head on up to Repton and over to Monroeville. Maybe a ride up around the square downtown. Not really familiar with Monroeville. (Leave around 10:00) Get a drink and stretch.

5- Head South back towards the house. Hwy 21 is a good road. Turns into Hwy 59. One little store the wife and I usually stop at for some water or fuel. Several places we could visit while headed back, but not much "civilization" if you know what I mean. Graveyard of Red Eagle, Dixie Landing, and Little River State Park are a few things to mention. (If anyone is interested) LRSP is a very nice place with a large lake and cabins.

6- Arrive around noon or prior at Stagecoach for some lunch. Buffet and good cooking Very Happy

That puts us real close to the starting point, about 150 miles later. So thats a good half day ride of good times. Nothing super exciting, but a day out on the bike and with other riders!

Here is what the map sorta looks like.
Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? Rideroute

If no one wants to go, that's cool too....I am just tossing it out there. I'm a big boy Smile
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? Empty Re: Dam Ride Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going?

Post by Dragon Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Sounds like fun. But unless I specifically take it off, I work every Saturday now. Sad And I already have some days earmarked as it is.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? Empty Re: Dam Ride Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going?

Post by weirdbeard Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:21 pm

That looks like an awesome ride.. I am probably working this Saturday though.. I have been wanting to check out that Murder Creek place.
If I am not working I still might have trouble getting up a 5am. Shocked
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:22 pm

That's what time I get up on workdays. 0H-500.

What's the OH stand for? OHHHHHH my GAWD, it's EARLY. Razz
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Dragon wrote:That's what time I get up on workdays. 0H-500.

What's the OH stand for? OHHHHHH my GAWD, it's EARLY. Razz

Dang..... I remember when I use to do that... . Sleep I like to wake up with the sun now. sunny
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Me and the wifey are in if it happens. Need a good ride. Good post by the way.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Phantom wrote:Me and the wifey are in if it happens. Need a good ride. Good post by the way.

This is all I needed....I am planning on a pork-chop and gravy biscuit to get the day started! We will see you there Saturday morning!
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbadlands Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I would be good for that if it were not for 3 small issues.

1.> Sat 7AM is less than 24 hours after I get a minor surgery
2.> My bike has a cracked exhaust pipe right now
3.> I am usually trying to get to bed by 5 AM (But I could get passed that if 1 and 2 were not in the way.)

Sure sounds like a nice ride and I am certain it should be good riding.

Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Mrbadlands wrote:I would be good for that if it were not for 3 small issues.

3.> I am usually trying to get to bed by 5 AM (But I could get passed that if 1 and 2 were not in the way.)

Doh! affraid I sure hope #1 goes well for you. Maybe next time! cheers
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 pm

be a great ride for any other weekend. This weekend is bike-o-rama....head up 59 north....take it to I-65 south....take exist 13 and head west 7 miles....bike show on Saturday! This is a longer route but nicer ride.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:42 pm

I think you should do it sunday. Might have to miss a stop or two but it would be easier for the rest of us to make it. I have made that ride before and it is very nice. I know dragon and I would make it for sun.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Mrbadlands wrote:I would be good for that if it were not for 3 small issues.

You know if you bring that pipe by the shop we can weld up that crack till you can get another.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:30 am

hayweed wrote:I think you should do it sunday. Might have to miss a stop or two but it would be easier for the rest of us to make it. I have made that ride before and it is very nice. I know dragon and I would make it for sun.

Like I said in the 1st post....I am negotiable. If Phantom is good with Sunday I am also. The wife doesn't care she said. I would rather make it a day when more folks can enjoy the ride. If its Sunday, I am OK with that.

Post up and lets see how many would/could do Sunday.

If we do ride on Sunday, I would suggest skipping Brewton since MCC won't be open, and heading to the Lock and Dam at Claiborne Lake Northwest of Monroeville. Its a nice park with a sorta fun ride (twisty if I remember right) from Monroeville Square.

Keep the comments coming.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 am

The wifey and I are fine with either day. Actually, Sunday may be better as I need to get some stuff done Saturday morning.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 am

Sunday it is. Give a definite time and we will be there.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:34 am

HenryD.... make the call and I will change the first post, make it a sticky and add it to the calendar.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:58 am

Won't the motorcycle place be closed?
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 am

Sunday it is then. I am good with either day as I said.

Yes, Murder Creek will be closed. I suggest lets skip Brewton altogether and instead head to the lock and dam at Claiborne. Its just a place to see. I am open to suggestions still.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:53 am

Making the changes.... Ooops, just noticed somebody already changed it. I changed it to dam ride.....
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:09 am

I'm in. The wife and I took that route last fall. Didn't go to the dam though. Sounds like alot of fun. Cool
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Dude I grew up in monroeville and have a camphouse on the river right around where y'all are talking about. At Eureka landing about 3 miles up the road from dixie! I can't make it though. Sad My high school reunion is this weekend, but that ought to be a great ride!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 pm

I would love to go if my sweetie is off I'll let him know and see but pls..can we come back by StageCoach and eat please please..omg I love that place..please

Oh I will have to say I got a little confused reading the post Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? Icon_rolleyes ...though it starts out stating Dam Run SUNDAY Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? Icon_rolleyes ok it don't take alot to confuse a blonde or me but is it Sat or Sun.. Dam Ride  Sunday 8/8/10 - Who is going? Icon_geek

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:27 pm

We changed it to sunday.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Yep, thats the plan......ride and come back to the StageCoach. I am sure we will all be looking forward to a big tall COLD glass of Iced tea.

Sunday, yes, so many people were not able to ride Saturday due to work. Once I get home, I will try to post up a new route and such. I still think we ride 31 to Atmore, and then 21 to Monroeville, swinging in at Little River State Park. Its a pretty place. Thats the lake in my sig picture btw.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Sounds like a sweet ride. Let us know the route. B Cool
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next