South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This place has turned into a ghost town

+10
mobilestromrider
intruderrider
Miss G
01YZF6
T-Ray
keystiger
jughead
hayweed
72shovelhead
DirtFreak
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

This place has turned into a ghost town - Page 3 Empty Re: This place has turned into a ghost town

Post by Miss G Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Wish I could but I work Sat's. Rolling Eyes
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

This place has turned into a ghost town - Page 3 Empty Re: This place has turned into a ghost town

Post by jmunsey Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 am

Yo Joe!

Sorry I missed riding with ya today. We road over to Eastern Shore HD....very sad thing. I know some of the people that work there. A few will go to Mobile but a number of them are getting laid off...very sad. Then I rode up to Bay Minette to that little bike shop downtown called "The Motorcycle Shop". Found out on FB that they were having a customer appreciate day with...you guessed it...free food! They had a complete Tday dinner there. Ran in to a couple forum people there! I wanted to go over to Pcola then as that Huals bike shop was having an observation run and shin dig....but..instead was forced to do one of the few things that I hate worse than a root canal....shopping at Walmart with Debi. Then home to walk dogs and feed horses. Hope u had a good ride...started out pretty cold but warmed up nice for a little while.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 pm

I worked Crying or Very sad
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 am

It was a good ride. I meet the Group at the Bay Minette exit. We were then, 20 bikes heading to Monroeville. Once there, we meet up with probably another 30 bikes. They were individuals and some from another motorcycle club. Sons of Armagedon. (I've never heard of them). After PFC Hunter arriving at the airport and a ceremony, we led a Hero's procession into town, around the courthouse square and back to the airport. It was really uplifting to see the numbers that turned out for such a small town. By the time we returned back to the airport, the sun had already dropped below the trees. I kept going. It got cold between there and Atmore. I stoped at a gas station in Atmore to warm up and to make some adjustments for the last 75 mile run back to the barn. Fortunatley once I got back into Mobile county the temp was warmer. In all, it was a great day for my first Patriot Guard ride.

BTW, I see why some of you are not to keen on group rides. With just 20 bikes, we slingshotted all the way to Monroeville. That's why when the ride event was over I took off. I bought my RK for one of many good (to me) reasons. CRUISE CONTROL! And, I was ready to get home!
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

That's the trouble with most group rides....no consistent speed up front and then there are those that will roll then coast... Rolling Eyes Glad y'all had such a good turnout! It's awesome to do those feel good missions!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Bought the family business and ditched the old 6 to 5. Always playing catch up.

Road the other day and broke the throttle cable so waiting on a new one.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 pm

You have another bike? Awwwwwwesome!! cheers
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Phantom what kind of business are you in now.

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Family owned Cabinet shop here behind the house ...……. www.vancesons.com
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Omg...that one pic with the either cherry or mahogany with the stone....totally my dream kitchen!!! *drools*
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3