South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This place has turned into a ghost town

+10
mobilestromrider
intruderrider
Miss G
01YZF6
T-Ray
keystiger
jughead
hayweed
72shovelhead
DirtFreak
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This place has turned into a ghost town Empty This place has turned into a ghost town

Post by DirtFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 pm

What happened? Did somebody chase everybody away? How long will it stay up at this rate?
Oh well, I never have the chance to meet-up & ride anyway.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

This place has turned into a ghost town Empty Re: This place has turned into a ghost town

Post by 72shovelhead Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:16 pm

I have been out of town for work pretty steady since spring. just check in every now and then to try and get caught up on events etc..
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

This place has turned into a ghost town Empty Re: This place has turned into a ghost town

Post by hayweed Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

I check in every day. Haven't been riding. I need to hit the photo tag.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Who pissed off Dragon?
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:48 pm

post election depression???
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Everybody knows the pres is just a Puppet. Why let it get you down?
My wife's co-worker told her "if Romeny wins, then you should ask for a raise. If Obama wins, then you should find a new job". WTF?
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Please don't take that wrong, I did use question marks in my last comment.

Me personally... I am too dumb to let it bother me either way. I just keep my head down and continue to push forward till I make it Very Happy . That method has worked for 47 years so far.

To be serious, I have a ton on me and my family right now that is taking just about all of my time. Nothing we will not live through, just a giant pain to deal with.
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Work work work here. 12-14 hr days everyday. Ride to work 3-4 days a week, but haven't been on line much.
Gonna snag that tag this weekend Wink
Will be at the Fort Conde Vintage Bike Show Sunday though for sure. Very Happy
---then going into the shop for a few hours Sunday afternoon Crying or Very sad
Gotta make it when you can these days
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Sometimes there's not much to talk about. I check in 2-3 times a day min. But with working 11 a day it kinda gets in the way. Should pick up.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ray Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:33 pm

I normally get on on a couple times a day just don't always post when i get on.
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 pm

T-Ray wrote:I normally get on on a couple times a day just don't always post when i get on.

same here.... and while I enjoy the joke postings, I dont want to contribute only those....

I hopefully will have some riding to post up soon.

just got the all clear to have heavy weight bearing this week !
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 pm

I think a lot is frustration. No, I'm not referring to me. Razz Several have tried to organize rides, meet n greets and other things and most don't show for one reason or another. I had 2 people from here come to my ride past Sunday...I had 28 bikes total that I led. I had a blast! I feel bad that more of y'all couldn't make it. I'll continue to post things as they pop up.

Now...I'm going to say something that might get a few riled...please don't take it personally...it's not meant that way. From an outside view, there's a lot of talk, but very little action. Life is VERY busy for me... especially right now. I will NOT let that keep me from riding. Don't push thru life and forget to LIVE!!! What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by intruderrider Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:22 pm

I am just a lurker sorry folks I don't talk much in person and don't type much on here but do like to read the posts.
intruderrider
intruderrider
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Still here not going to let a crash stop me...Have new to me bike and as soon as my bones heal I am willing to ride to meet...just keep in mind I have allot of bones to heal...oh yea punctured lung too lol!
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Good on ya Strom. What is the "New to me" bike might I ask?
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 pm

mobilestromrider wrote:Still here not going to let a crash stop me...Have new to me bike and as soon as my bones heal I am willing to ride to meet...just keep in mind I have allot of bones to heal...oh yea punctured lung too lol!

No worries there! You just take care of YOU!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:10 pm

I had a deal on a Harley race transmission and engine and made a trade plus some money on a BMW 1200LT it came out ok but I still want another V-Strom best bike in the world....Ride and go camping great bike agile....awesome bike!! But This is for now...

This place has turned into a ghost town 20121102_172431

This place has turned into a ghost town 20121102_172408
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Wow! That's a huge step up from a Wee. I bet you'll be much happier riding to work on that beauty.

Miss G, you don't need to worry about offending me. I was born with thick skin. Of course, I can't speak for everybody. Personally, I think people shouldn't post on forums if they are going to get their feelings hurt because of what somebody types out. It's not like talking face to face.

DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:30 am

WOW.....nice new ride Strom. Good On Ya. Congrats.......the Tiger can still out run her in the Twisties Very Happy But the BMW will make the commute way more comfortable.

Mrs. G no offense here. THis is the free sharing of ideas and thoughts. Good on you for saying what you think.
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:58 am

Miss G I just love your attitude you are truly a biker that loves to ride. I missed your ride the other day got hung up in traffic in foley and made it to the post office about eleven fifty. im not a bar person (in recovery)so i didnt just ride to there but had intentions of making the ride down to lulus with you and the group. so please dont stop posting or hosting your rides as i truly believe that when it comes to bikers that ride u truly have a bigger set than most and admire you for that. Hopefully i will be able to make the next meet n greet and ill have to buy you a round or two ( it doesnt bother me when people drink) it only bothers me when i think Smile that is why my bar visits are short cause my best thinking keep me in trouble and hell i didnt even like myself when i was a drinkin man. LUMI beachbum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:04 am

random thoughts of a ol crazy a$$ hippie
the reason everyone has a as*hole
so they have a place to stick their opinions

and everyone knows i have had to stuff a few but thats just me at least i finally understand that it is not always true that im right and everyone else is wrong. i just cant remember ever being wrong!!!! LOL

beachbum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:43 pm

The "new to you" bike is really nice! Congrats! i know you can't wait to get on and G O!

Thank you DirtFreak and Keystiger! Lmao @ Beachbum! Thank you! I rolled 40K on the Street Bob tonight! Woot woot! I've put 26K on my bike since last Sept!! I really do live to ride and ride to live! cheers
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 pm

as long as u laughing my job is done

Daddy always said if u cant please em tease em at least hope they leave with a smile on there face ( but dam* daddy to they have to be laughing every time)
PEACE and a little on the side beachbum_ afro

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Miss G More miles = more smiles Very Happy
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 am

I was out riding all day! I pretty much ride most of the time. Been a lot of rides the past few months. I try to make as many as I can and when I find out one is coming up, I post the flyer in the events section. If any of you can catch up to me...then join me! ;-)

Rode over to the Escambia County Equine Center this morning...me and Debi are devout yard sale/flea market junkies and they were having a yard sale to help the Panhandle Equine Rescue......then over to Pcola BMW dealer...they were having a swap meet with free food...they always have me at "free food". Then over the the W street Flea Market......then all the way from Pcola to Fairhope to hit the 181/32 flea market.....back to Rdale....quick stop at the ABC......rum was running bit low!!

All in all...racked up a few miles on a very nice fall day. I almost did that Ride-O-Rama...but......after the past few months am a bit poker runned out. Stay tuned though...Debi is working with one of the local dog rescue centers to organize a poker run/fund raiser next year that ends at the Florabama.

I was riding to work everyday. That is a 60 mile round trip...however....the past few mornings I got up, looked at the outdoor thermometer hovering around 38-40......I completely wimped out and made a cup of coffee and fired up the truck. Some one asked me if I was a fair weather rider...and my reply was: I try to be!

Antique/Vintage bike show tomorrow at Ft Conde...I went last year....great show and really cool bikes. Gotta quit now....rum is getting low again!

;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next