South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

+14
JSteele
Dragon
river rat
crispy
hayweed
Paladin
saltcreep
Tbonez
Jack the Bagger
72shovelhead
ratznfragn
Scadoodle
Miss G
tully_mars
18 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by Scadoodle Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:56 pm

365 miles to the Capital and back, total miles 83,447.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by river rat Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 pm

You really get around Scadoodle . Ride safe Bro. pirat
river rat
river rat
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 pm

What a fabulous run!!! cheers I only got 540 for the week. lol.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Not sure I should get in to this or not....lately....been racking up 350 a week with a 70 mile round trip commute daily to Pcola....+ that ride today = a bunch!
All solo bike mileage as well. I had someone today completely not recognize me as I was not standing beside a blue and white sidecar!!! Been racking up the miles on my old softail.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:58 am

That's what you bought it for, to ride, may be best sometimes if your not recognized!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Still in Ohio, Vaca went South, Conforting my Father till his end.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:55 pm

That's got to be rough. We are still praying for you and your family.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:32 am

I did a little over 2500 mi last month. Shocked Getting close to 30K on my scoot. Scott, you and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Keep my Mom lifted up, Dad checked out, Monday at 11:45am.
Thanks for all your prayers
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Soo Sorry Scott. I"m glad you were there to see him.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, I made it home, Got 87,424 miles on my bike. I round tripped at almost 2600 miles. No windshield. It was great. Although it was not as I planned. I venture to Ohio to bless my parents and help them in anyway I could. I guess in the long run, care for my Dad in his last days, and fixing broken things for my Mom, I achieved my goal. I never thought I would have had the tolerance or the ability to minister to some one that was dying, especially my Dad. Hats off to all who work in the medical field. My Sister and I were the primary carers, My mothers health limited her, I was staying there and my Sister who also just came to visit, stayed as long as she could and returned days later. My Dad never lost his sense of humor. He tried several times to take off on my bike, wanted to take his boat out, which to that point every time he went out in it required major help getting him back, one time the wheels fell off the trailer, another the boat filled up with water. And of course he wanted to go shooting, he was a hell of a shot, usually scored damn near perfect. Pistol and rifle. He Hijacked my brother and forced him to take him to his house to see the new porch, it was the last time he stood on his own. The next day, Hospis (probably spelled wrong) brought him a bed. I thought I would have to strap him in. I spent every other night with him, Giving him Morphine and putting on Happy Cream. Whatever he needed. I spent most every minute of the nights just watching him, making sure he was OK. My older brother and Sister had to take my Mom to the doctors and get some legal things done, so my older brother tells him, Dad I'm leaving Scott in charge. Not moving for hours, my Dad does the sign of the cross. I had good quality time with him then, he would call me and talk to me about all the things he wanted me to fix, and things to look for. He was a pack rat, I became overwhelmed looking for his tools, he had them scattered, unusual for him, but as him arm was being eaten by the disease, he could never tolerate the pain and would have to stop what he was doing. I felt like s*it, when I was chasing a crack head out of the neighborhood, he took his last breath. I came back cause they sent my little brother to get me. I came in the house to find my Sister crying, and the nurse with tears in her eyes. I had to sign the papers that were required. The last thing I would do for my Dad. We called my brother as he was signing the last line to change the vehicles over to my Mom to make it easier for her. He couldn't tell Mom, I probably couldn't have either, She was so excited that his birthday was 4 days away, and was planning a celebration for him since most of the time he would be off fishing or shooting on his birthday, he would be home this time. I saw a lot of family, sucks for the reason, but it was good. First time in 8 years all us kids where together. Damn I should right a book.
I will ride till my last days, my father taught me to ride and taught me well.
Ride long and ride free!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 am

God bless you and your family. I know how it is. My wife went through the same thing. And it is very hard to be there to see.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 am

A life impact for sure
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by river rat Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:44 am

That hit home Scadoodle . I lost my Dad last september . I was his primary caregiver for three and a half years . I was holding him when he died in the middle of the night . I just wanted to say I understand . Sorry for your loss .
river rat
river rat
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Damn, Dude I know you understand. Sorry for your loss
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 pm

88,032 as of today. My baby needs some spa treatment!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am

Hey Scott, is that your tank on Craigslist? If so what did you put on the bike?

http://mobile.craigslist.org/mcy/3146958129.html
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Nope not mine, Don't do Craigslist! to much like work! I hope Eastern shore didn't sell my tank. I've 88,222 on it when I took it for it's third clutch!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Wow...getting close. Mine is in the shop but has almost 33K on it!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:08 pm

What's wrong miss G? I've got mine back, I'm pushing for 100K by end of September, August if I can get off work.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:58 am

scadoodle,

You are pushing for a new bike aren't you. If you wear this one out then you can get a new one. Very Happy
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 pm

On my third Clutch, They think my valves are going, Getting really hot. About 88,500. I going to keep this one, maybe get three of four more, then I won't be able to make up my mind which one to ride!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Good idea Scadoodle, get u a few bikes then they wont break down as often due to all the riding. I have some advice on how to pick which one to ride.

tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 pm

I want to find one that doesn't stop, and just keep going, and going, and going!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:16 pm

You need an Energizer bike
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next