South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for some good destinations to ride to

2 posters

Go down

looking for some good destinations to ride to Empty looking for some good destinations to ride to

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:59 am

i dont knwo if im in the right section, but i didnt see anythign discussing rides.

Me and my girlfriend are looking for somewhere to ride to this weekend. and usually every weekend. id like somewhere just a few hours away that would be really cool and not too expensive. we do alot beach trips and rides down there since its only an hour away.

kinda looking for like a waterfall or cave or just anythign interesting to go see. with some good roads to ride in between.

maybe this will get out before 5 today when i get off.. i have to tell her where were going by then.

thanks!!

Back to top Go down

looking for some good destinations to ride to Empty Re: looking for some good destinations to ride to

Post by joeyputt Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:15 pm

I am not sure how far of a ride it would be for you but there are nice caves at the Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna, you could also stop at the Falling Waters State Park in Chipley which is the only waterfall I know of in this area however it is more of a small stream that goes down into a sinkhole and if we have not had much rain there is not a lot of water.

If you want to go in the caves you pay to go on a guided tour, at Falling Waters there is a boardwalk trail that goes around large sinkholes and leads to the falls that is free to walk once you pay to get into the park.

The caverns are only a few miles off of highway 90 and falling waters is five or ten minutes from Highway 90, both parks are in small towns so there is not a lot of traffic and as they are State Parks it is only a few dollars to get in.

joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

looking for some good destinations to ride to Empty Re: looking for some good destinations to ride to

Post by Miss G Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:37 pm

I just found this. Missed the 5 pm deadline. LOL. There's a Crawfish festival on Pensacola Beach tomorrow. $1 to get on the island. Lots of stuff going on and a nice ride. I went down there myself yesterday.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:13 am

joeyputt wrote:I am not sure how far of a ride it would be for you but there are nice caves at the Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna, you could also stop at the Falling Waters State Park in Chipley which is the only waterfall I know of in this area however it is more of a small stream that goes down into a sinkhole and if we have not had much rain there is not a lot of water.

i took you up on the advice to visit the caverns in marianna... here are a few pics

looking for some good destinations to ride to Fc3

looking for some good destinations to ride to Fc2

looking for some good destinations to ride to Fc1

looking for some good destinations to ride to Fcbike

i hope these arent to big. i cant really tell how to resize.

but it was a great time highly recommended spot to visit. we did 360 miles in two days. pretty fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:06 pm

looking for another destination this weekend. any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down