South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good local roads

+7
Jack the Bagger
DirtFreak
Paladin
hayweed
Miss G
ratznfragn
misfit
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Good local roads - Page 2 Empty Re: Good local roads

Post by ZombieNNN Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Prestley's Landing towards Miss. Google it.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Google Prestley's Landing. Sorry for second post.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldGuy Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 am

90 East from Milton to Crestview and beyond. Good barbeque in a little place on the right going east at Holt--Uncle Billys or some such (Pensacola to Milton on 90 is bad--heavy local traffic, all built up).

Also the Blackwater Forest area east of Holt and north of 90. There's a small brown sign pointing a left turn across the railroad tracks.

Farther out 90 is Milligan; turn left on Hwy 4 to Baker and eat at the Gator Cafe in Baker. It draws a lot of bikers. From Gator, go north to the red light, turn right, turn right again when you have to, come down to 90 a block east of 4. Or better, turn left (west) at the light and ride 4 to Munson, turn left on Munson Hwy back to Milton, or keep straight to Century on Al 29.

Best way to get to Milton and bypass all the heavy local traffic between P'cola and Milton is stay on 10 to the second or third exist past Escambia Bay (the bay starts at mile 17), then go north. I like the 3rd exist best, which comes up to 90 on Milton's east side. If you miss that, Hwy 87 north takes you to 90, too. (the other way on 87 takes you to Navarre on 98. Go west a couple blocks to the light, turn right, cross the bridge to Navarre Beach, and ride back through sand dunes along the edge of the gulf into Pensacola Beach, cross back toll-free to Gulf Breeze, then on to Pensacola.

Warning: DO NOT SPEED IN GULF BREEZE!
TheOldGuy
TheOldGuy
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:31 pm

There's some place around Huntsville that is primitive camping, Golf coarse, fishing all the camp fun. I'm sure there are some roads up there to
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by saltcreep Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:55 am

I've been planning on doing this myself... But I have not camped in a tent in 20years probably and didn't have any equipment. I think I got all the stuff now and was going to do a trial run somewhere close to home, wanted to do Chickasabogue this weekend, but Weather said it would be 21degrees that night and I bunged up my hip, didn't think it would be fun.

So I've been scouring all the camping sites, trying to find good places around here..It is good to hear that Chickasabogue is a good one.

31 to 21 through Atmore to Little River state park
Isaac creek would be a good one too, it is not primitive though.

Sites that list campgrounds:
http://www.campgroundsofamerica.com/public_html/alabama/baldwincounty.shtml
http://www.ultimatecampgrounds.com/
COE sites, some have primitive camping, super cheap http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/visitors.cfm
saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldGuy Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:27 am

Guest wrote:how about any good rides north of mobile . every time I go north i take 65 , i might feel like im missing out
One exit north of the Flomaton exit, which is an exit north of the Wind Creek/Atmore exit, get off, take a left, ride about 10 miles to The South 40, get there at lunchtime, and have one of the best burgers in the southeast. It sits all by itself with no other buildings in sight, across from a rattty cemetary. Then keep going up to Repton (vicious speed control, I've heard but I've never seen police there), turn left, go to a big intersection in the community of Ollie, turn right to Monroeville (you're on AL 41 by now) pay attention to what you're doing from Monroeville to Camden -- much like 59 above Stockton, by maybe a little moreso.

There's also a backwoods ride from Milton up to 65 at Evergreen.
TheOldGuy
TheOldGuy
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2