South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ??

+5
Mrbadlands
Miss G
weirdbeard
Phantom
Nat Sass
9 posters

Go down

RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ?? Empty RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ??

Post by Nat Sass Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Who all would be interested in doing a group Ride to Eat? I would like to organize an RTE on May 7. We could gather at the Scenic Overlook in Daphne/Spanish Fort (across the street from Bass Pro) at about 10:15 and head out at 11:00. We would ride north to Dixie Landing Cafe for lunch. This would be approximately a one hour ride. Or, just shy of two hours with stops at the Red Hill Spring Artesian Well, (Bring your own cup/canteen) and Cheif Red Eagle's grave site (bring your camera).

If you've never been to Dixie Landing Cafe, it is a real hole in the wall. They are only open Thurs, Fri and Sat. They serve fresh catfish caught just behind the Cafe, in the Alabama River. They also have great fried shrimp and awesome hamburgers. They make a mean salad too, with homemade blue cheese dressing.

Before I commit, how many are interested? How many would show up? I would cancel/reschedule if the weather sucks. In my opinion, rain is not fun.

If I get enough interest, I will commit. Thank you, kindly.

Nat Sass

Back to top Go down

RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ?? Empty Re: RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ??

Post by Phantom Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Sounds like a good ride. Not sure if I will make it though. Thunderbeach is the prior weekend, so I may be playing catch-up on chores that weekend. Hopefully others will chime in and ride.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ?? Empty Re: RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ??

Post by weirdbeard Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Sounds interesting to me.. I can't commit to anything this far in advance, but I would go if I could. Suspect
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 pm

I can't. I'm finally getting my shoulder surgery Monday. Sad It sounds like a wonderful ride too!!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbadlands Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:14 am

Hey I might actually be off for that one. It is a little far off for me to plan right now, but I will certainly try and make it.

OH and Good Luck on your surgery Miss G
Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:48 am

I would be game...but still too early to confirm....my crystal ball does not go out that far.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Mrbadlands wrote:Hey I might actually be off for that one. It is a little far off for me to plan right now, but I will certainly try and make it.

OH and Good Luck on your surgery Miss G

Thank you. 2-3 mos off my bike... *faints*
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:45 am

I don't know if I can commit a month in advance but maybe.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Sounds like a great ride and certainly falls within my motto of "Eat to Ride and Ride to Eat"!
Again like most at this point I have no way of knowing what May 7th holds for me.......I can post up as a certain maybe. 75% sure at this point, I can make it.

keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:52 pm

Me and the wife would love to go and meet everyone. Will be in panama the weekend before for thunder on the beach but i will tenatively plan on going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nat Sass Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 am

I'm vacationing in Dallas. (visiting parents) I'll check in when I get back. Hope to get at least 6 riders on board by May 1 more would be better). thanks, everyone.

Nat Sass

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit Mon May 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Is this still happening? I may go.
misfit
misfit
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Mon May 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Sorry I'm out, had an accident involving some glass and my throttle hand, the glass won. :-(
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Nat Sass Tue May 03, 2011 11:19 am

I currently have a handful that want to do the ride, and with my only other choice being to cancel and stay home and do yard work...The RTE is ON!

I have decided to do the two stops mentioned above, along the way. One at the Red Hill Spring Artesian Well and the other at Chief Red Eagle's Grave Site. Be sure and bring your camera for Photo opps!

We will gather at the Scenic Overlook in Daphne/Spanish Fort (across the street from Bass Pro) at about 10:15 and head out at 11:00.

I hope we can get a good turn out for this. SeeYa. dana

Nat Sass

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue May 03, 2011 6:54 pm

If I could ride, I'd be right there with ya!! Take lots of pics, please!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Tue May 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Gonna have to miss this one. I am meeting up with an old friend about a possible business venture
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

RTE May 7 Daphne to Dixie Landing Yes/No ?? Empty Don't miss this opportunity for Good Food, Good Friends and a Great Ride!

Post by Nat Sass Thu May 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Since it looks like we will have a very small group, I'm going to shorten the "staging time" to 10:45. We will still head out at 11:00 sharp.

ZERO % chance of rain. Sunshine. 82 for the high! Could not ask for better weather. This promises to be a GREAT Ride!

We hope to see some SAMS members! dana

Nat Sass

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm

How long do you expect the whole trip to take?
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nat Sass Thu May 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Everybody should be home by 3 at the latest. Probably a little earlier.

Nat Sass

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 pm

I am not going to make this one. I will be hanging out with my little bro.. Its gonna be a great day for a ride. Wink
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down