South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE Empty SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 4:31 pm

putting out an all call for eastern shore riders to meet up and put down some miles. I ride sport bikes my buddy has a bobber just looking to put a group together to meet up sound off if your interested and we can set some dates and availability

Back to top Go down

SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE Empty Re: SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE

Post by Dragon Wed May 26, 2010 5:47 pm

We'll know more about scheduling next week. Interested, yes. Trying to coordinate two work schedules, a home business and assorted physical ailments vs. the weather....not so easy. Razz
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE Empty Re: SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE

Post by hayweed Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm up for it. But I have to wait untill I get my scoot out of the shop. 7-10 days. If I miss it I will have to catch up with you later.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE Empty Weekends Are Great For Me.

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 7:01 pm

I am usually out of pocket during the week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 pm

so are we looking at weekends during the day, like everybody else on the road. and other topic what kind of roads come to your liking, any suggestions

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed May 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Us two are fairly new to the Mobile area (just since Nov. ), so not much input on destinations. Usually stop every couple hours for her to get unstiff, best run since her injury has been around 4 hrs so far. Just been a year since it happened, she has a long way to go. Don't mean to limit anyone else, we can always just ride part way if it's planned for a longer run. Weekends are better for us, time is not a huge issue, prefer 10'ish or later though.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 9:56 am

Hell I wanna stop every hour! Yes I'm whimpy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 10:57 am

alright so its a weekend thing, any preference of type of riding. other than the length. poker run, cruise, scenery, what is everybody looking for

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu May 27, 2010 11:10 am

I think just a good old fashioned ride through the country would be nice.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 6:55 pm

I think a good ride consists of low traffic, curvy, scenic and food. I have rode in some great spots. I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska and had about 2 1/2 months of beautiful riding a year. Then moved to Maryland, Pa, D.C. area, way to much traffic! so anything in between I will be happy with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 11:38 pm

FOOD I like this guy. mighty keen for a sudo yankee, curvy not much in south alabama but scenic we got, can stick to the back roads for low traffic

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Thu May 27, 2010 11:50 pm

A ride up 225 is pretty cool then over to Atmore and back.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 12:03 am

two points phantom, I forgot all about that, I used to live in spanish fort

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Fri May 28, 2010 12:11 am

We do need a decent bike night on this side of the bay. There was one every Thurs at Big Daddy's on Fish River in the past, but the sponsor shut down her business (cool ez leather). Big Daddy's has the perfect outdoor area set-up right next to the bikes. Anyway, just thinking out loud.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri May 28, 2010 12:20 am

I hear the Chrome Horse Pub in silverhill is bike friendly and has bike nights. Never been though. Can't find their actual website now, did before.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Fri May 28, 2010 12:29 am

I've been a few times. It is a pretty cool place (I remember what that building looked like before, dump). Call me crazy, but I go to a bike night to look at all the bikes. The chrome horse is fenced off where you can't really congregate around the bikes.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri May 28, 2010 12:41 am

A site I just found, no idea how accurate it is. Lists some in Spanish fort, Foley and all points south.

Coyotes Den
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 am

Has anyone been to Deals Gap? Looks great I'm planning a 3 or 4 day trip. If anybody else is interested.

http://www.dealsgap.com/

I would also get some traveling partners for a trip to St. Augustine, Florida
There is just something about beaches you can drive on and the conch house restaurant is outta this world!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 1:01 am

I used to bounce at the chrome horse, they are friendly. alot of those places listed are local haunts with none that show up I counted three that are closed, the hang out one is ok but you have to pay to park and the guys that show up are sport bike guys and most are pricks, and I ride a sport bike. its just a sea of bright colored plastics just like they came off the show room floor cool if thats your flavor but its not mine. I am trying to put up a real bike night once a month where we all can come swap stories parts. ride some and generaly enjoy the brotherhood. I have been going around to the local places and trying to setup a meeting area I have a few that are interested, I will update later on the locations that we can choose from. If you know a place that would be good, sound off. I'm trying hard I know we can get it done

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri May 28, 2010 1:14 am

Ahhhh, the Dragon. Very Happy

I'd like to go, edera is not thrilled however. Mad

Stories vary on the road right now. A rockslide closed it tight and it was not supposed to reopen till July. I would make sure it is full open, as from what I have been told, traffic is heavy even on good days, let alone dealing with flagmen or something.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

And DO keep your bike offa this tree they have there....
SETTING UP A BIKE NIGHT ON EASTERN SHORE Honda_hoot_treeoshame

St. Augustine looks like fun, but that's too long for my other half just yet. She is recovering from a triple fractured pelvis just over a year ago. Tried conch for the first time this year and you're right, they are awesome. Very Happy

Just a thought nickestas and opinions vary on Hooters, but the one here in Daphne does not have a Bike Night, which is unusual, most do. Might be worth a try to check with them about it. I'm just a noob around here, but trying to help any way I can. Smile
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 1:21 am

I have to plan in advance Deals Gap wont be until August. St. Augustine will be alot sooner. But we like short rides to. so if you just wanna cruise sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri May 28, 2010 1:30 am

Sounds like fun. Very Happy She just started with a new chiropractor and he doesn't want her even on the back until he gets some of her bones back in alignment for now. But he rides too so he definitely understands the desire to get back on.

I'm sure he won't keep her off any more than necessary, and she doesn't mind if I go cruise on my solo bike at times either. Maybe we can get a ride in next week. Fair warning though...you will be running lead, as mine is justbelowlegalnoiselimits LOUD.....lol!
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 2:28 am

I didnt think about that I have a gsxr 1000 with a straight race header but exits out the right so I guess its not so bad. I will check with hooters, thats a 30 min ride for me but I am willing to compromise if it is a center location for everyone. if anyone wants to ride just pm me I'll be riding all weekend I would be happy to discuss in person and take in any helpful ideas. I love a good ol fashion swap meet. and if anyone has a select moral issue with hooters speak up, I am going to be calling a few city councils for a permit to use a park for the meet. looking at the last sat of the month, or whichever keep the feedback coming

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri May 28, 2010 8:15 am

St Augustine is a great place. I grew up in Jacksonville. Spent alot of time in St Augustine. I go back every year to go fishing and usually find myself there every time.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wseibert Fri May 28, 2010 8:53 pm

If it is on the weekend, you let me know where, I'll be there.
wseibert
wseibert
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next