South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good write up on insurance

+2
hayweed
JSteele
6 posters

Go down

Good write up on insurance  Empty Good write up on insurance

Post by JSteele Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:15 pm

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/793/8740/Motorcycle-Article/How-Much-Motorcycle-Insurance-is-Enough-.aspx
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Good write up on insurance  Empty Re: Good write up on insurance

Post by hayweed Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Good write up.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm

The affordability of additional insurance is still a BIG part of the equation for me. I got my annual renewal today. Minimal coverages. This will be my 3rd yr with GEICO and no claims...went from $323 last year to $406 for the coming yr. WTF??? Evil or Very Mad
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 pm

$84.00 every 6 months for me, includes 25/50/25 and $500 ded on collision and comp. The best thing is I have the uninsured / underinsured rider on my cages which cover me for medical on the bike.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Good write up on insurance  Empty I carry the same coverage that I do on my cars with State Farm.

Post by JSteele Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 am

Maybe some might consider me over insured. But if my RK falls over it's gonna cost me allot. My dad is a retired State Farm Agent, so he has seen the consequences of being under insured. I'm no where close to being wealthy but this is cheaper for me than an umbrella policy. Some of you only ride solo or with your wife, so you have less to worry about as far as liability.

Liability - Bodily Injury / Property Damage $50,000 each person / $100,000 each accident / $50,000 each accident
Comprehensive Deductible $100
Collision Deductible $250
Uninsured Motor Vehicle $25,000 each person / $50,000 each accident

Total Premium $249.50 (6 mos.)

I have not found the same coverage with anyone else for the same or cheaper.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 am

72shovelhead wrote:$84.00 every 6 months for me, includes 25/50/25 and $500 ded on collision and comp. The best thing is I have the uninsured / underinsured rider on my cages which cover me for medical on the bike.

That's seems to be a good deal for your situation, Stoney.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by VULCANRIDER Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm

@ JSteele, your dad isnt by any chance Don is he ? I was with state farm for over 25 years and he was my agent if that is him. I left state Farm right after him . Plus I didn't really like the guy that took over his office.

VULCANRIDER

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Yep. Andrew is not to bad. But, he's not my dad. I still use him now. I use State Farm Bank for my Savings and checking and he was real good about helping me with an issue that the jerks at the customer service center kept screwing up. But I understand where your coming from.

Hollar at me If your available to ride sometime.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by VULCANRIDER Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 pm

How about that ! My whole family used your dad for insurance. I can tell you he knew how to take care of his customers. Most of the girls I think stayed with Andrew. My issue was I never had a claim and had multiple policies with them and I got a bill one month and they raised my premiums big time and couldn't give me a reason. I told Gina find out why and fix it or I'm gone. They chose not to do anything so i left and got better rates. Then Andrew called me and wanted me to come back and he offered to fix the problem. Was too late by then.

Anyways tell your dad hello from the Bryant family. I did some title work for him one time on a camper he got.

VULCANRIDER

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm

I will. Yeah, Gina and Annie are still there. Can't blame you at all for leaving for the reasons you did. I do feel lucky that I can always consult my dad concerning insurance. I never have to worry about being sold something that I don't need. I will miss that when he's gone.

One funny thing about my dad being my agent. All my friends assumed that I got discounts on my insurance because my rates were usually cheaper than theirs. I explained that I received zero discounts (except accident free) and my rates were cheap because I kept a clean driving record. In fact he made money (commission) off of me. Of course I'm sure to this day I still owe him. LOL.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by VULCANRIDER Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I hear ya !!!!! Very Happy

VULCANRIDER

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:33 pm

I just realized my coverage ran out in June a couple weeks ago. Called and got a new policy. Since reading this, I need to check it since I have no idea what I have. Is $100/yr whatever it is Very Happy
jaded
jaded
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Alright, heres what my policy says. Now I need to figure out if I'm good or not. $25k doesn't sound like much when you consider an accident. I may see about upping it if the price isn't too bad.

Bodily Injury $25,000 Each Person / $50,000 Each Accident
Property Damage $25,000 Each Accident
Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury $25,000 Each Person / $50,000 Each Accident
jaded
jaded
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down