South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Trip to Barber Museum in October

+3
Miss G
Scadoodle
jmunsey
7 posters

Go down

Road Trip to Barber Museum in October Empty Road Trip to Barber Museum in October

Post by jmunsey Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 am

http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/

Anyone interested in a group road trip up to the Barber museum next month for their vintage days festival? I missed out on this one last year and it sure looks interesting.

cheers
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Road Trip to Barber Museum in October Empty Re: Road Trip to Barber Museum in October

Post by Scadoodle Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:22 pm

It does look interesting
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Road Trip to Barber Museum in October Empty Re: Road Trip to Barber Museum in October

Post by Miss G Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Ok, I tried looking but where is that, exactly?
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:15 pm

I like all that old stuff and the Barber museum is impressive....October should be a little cooler weather too.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 pm

It is up near Birmingham.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:40 pm

I've heard a lot about that place, Been to his Marina a couple of times. It's at the bottom of 95 near H & D, case any one doesn't know. I'm trying to convince my wife to drive her scooter there. I could probably get her to Drive and trailer her scooter, thus giving me lots of room for equipment. Sounding better already.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 pm

What is at the marina? They have any kind of restaurant or bar there?
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Wow...be a heck of a haul...
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:54 pm

coolest museum ever . went there with my brother two years back

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:52 pm

They have a store, not sure about a restaurant. I get Collinite Insulator wax and metal polish there. I know you can get some cold drinks there. He's got some statues there and about. I guess they do well storing boats and getting them ready for you. He's got a boat motor collection there too. It's a hop skip and a jump to Birmingham, That's less than a day. Fun ride to be.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Went to Barbers Museum a couple years back, very cool place. They used to have all the antique boat motors there, I guess they moved em down here after the Marina opened. Every window on every floor looks out on the racetrack, they had car races when we were there. We stayed at 29 Deams motorcycle campground. (now closed). [img]
Sonny
Sonny
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:44 pm

They are about to open 29 Dreams back up.. Not sure if it will be in time for the vintage fest. HWY 25 is a fun road to ride.

I do want to check this out.. I am not really into group rides over that kind of distance. I like to do what I like to do when and at whatever speed I want to do it. Suspect
But we could hang out once there. Very Happy
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 pm

I can always ride sweep with the Deuce Coupe and bring up the rear!
;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:35 pm

weirdbeard wrote: They are about to open 29 Dreams back up.. Not sure if it will be in time for the vintage fest. HWY 25 is a fun road to ride.

I do want to check this out.. I am not really into group rides over that kind of distance. I like to do what I like to do when and at whatever speed I want to do it. Suspect

Hwy 25 wasn't too much fun for me, wiped out and broke my leg. Continued on to 29 Dreams and the next day I wrapped my leg real tight with duct-tape and went to Barbers. I was determined to see it after riding all that way. It was a long ass, sore trip home. Luckily the bike was rideable. The people at 29 Dreams took good care of me (all of us really). They brought beer and a cooler and food to us after the place closed. Hated to see em close.
Sonny
Sonny
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Sonny wrote:
weirdbeard wrote: They are about to open 29 Dreams back up.. Not sure if it will be in time for the vintage fest. HWY 25 is a fun road to ride.

Hwy 25 wasn't too much fun for me, wiped out and broke my leg. Continued on to 29 Dreams and the next day I wrapped my leg real tight with duct-tape and went to Barbers. I was determined to see it after riding all that way. It was a long ass, sore trip home. Luckily the bike was rideable. The people at 29 Dreams took good care of me (all of us really). They brought beer and a cooler and food to us after the place closed. Hated to see em close.

Dang.. I am sorry to hear that. You must be a tough sob. cheers They were nice folks for sure.. I hope the new owners are as welcoming.
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Wow, Good folks every where. Dude the Duct tape thing, that's awesome, you must have really been determined to make it. Hell or High Water.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 pm

went last year and someone didnt call me or I didnt call them , planning on going back again this year

doods from American Iron sposed ta be tehre doing a kickstart contest I believe

My hero John Surtees was there last year
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:25 am

Here is the info for the events http://barbermotorsports.com/vintage/Barber_Vintage_Festival_2011.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Doubt I make it this time , gotta rip the fairing off this weekend and see whats the issue with the HDBOMM , and finish winterizing around here ..

Bikes winterized already ... I pulled the TourMaster winter gear out , and it is standing by to stand by
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 pm

I am going tomorrow. J find the BamaRides tent.. I will probably be near by. Cool
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 pm

This was an awesome event! Camped two night on the Cahba river on a mountain and road some sweet ass roads. I wish I could have seen 1/4th the stuff they had going on.. Over whelming! Twisted Evil
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 am

I am so jealous! Maybe next year we can ride up there together.

Jim

;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Damn, missed it!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldGuy Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 pm

I put up a post before I saw this thread, asking if anybody wanted to ride Devil's Triangle in the next week or two .

Maybe both? Leeds (Barber's Museum) then on to the Triangle?
TheOldGuy
TheOldGuy
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down