South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permission for another road trip granted

5 posters

Go down

Permission for another road trip granted Empty Permission for another road trip granted

Post by Jack the Bagger Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Well as I posted somewhere else here , taking off from 4aug till 22aug .. first week we're staying on the river , second week , me and a buddy , if he dont change plans are headed to Pennsylvania , third week I have been told is "honey do's" ..

My buddy left Fairbanks AK on Monday .. Headed south , or so he says ..

Anyways we went today and looked at the camp on the river we're going to , and were just talking , and told her AK is a trip I'd like to put on my bucket list .. Did it in 1978 on a then new 78 FLH 75th anniversary dresser , from Norfolk Va ..

She says "Oh you can go , just remember I'm not and you're not if you go alone"

But now I'm torn between that and going to Phoenix and see my best friend from high school and running up to the Grand Canyon from there .. That wud be a much more feasible trip than AK ..

So many Highways , So Little Time
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Permission for another road trip granted Empty Re: Permission for another road trip granted

Post by Dragon Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Depends on whether she is letting you go to Phoenix alone. Wink

Roads will always be there....buddies won't. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Permission for another road trip granted Empty Re: Permission for another road trip granted

Post by weirdbeard Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:08 pm

I just say.. "HEY! Woman.. I do what I want!"

And that is why women hate me. Suspect
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Weirdbeard....Every time I see that avatar picture I laugh and forget what I just read.....
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Phantom wrote:Weirdbeard....Every time I see that avatar picture I laugh and forget what I just read.....

Probably for the best.. Laughing
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 am

hehe nah she wudnt have a prob going to Phoenix alone ..

my thinking is same tho' , budds wont always be here , and he has a FatBoy so thats another plus once I get there
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:36 pm

OK early planning stages for Alaska in summer of '11 ..

early as in Bill is retired and just needs to know when I be off so he wont plan anything for that time period ..

I put in for my days in '11 , come October or November ...

May consider one or two slots for other riders ..

Need passport and figure about $100 per day for food , gas and lodging ..

Looking at three weeks road time tops ..
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. But I couldn't get three weeks off with a two year notification. lol!
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:57 pm

That would be cool. My dad just tried in his truck and didn't make it. I think he made it to Banff and maybe into BC, but turned back.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:04 pm

I've been to Alaska and drove it all the way..I would love to go back on a m/c I wish my baby would take time off so we could do the trip with ya'll that would be a blast..and sore ***..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:50 pm

I think as bad as I want to go back to AK next year , Phoenix and/or the Grand Canyon is a more feasible trip at this point
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Either way I envy you. Once the kids are raised, my plan is to start doing some serious iron-butt trips. It's just too hectic right now for me to get away for very long at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Well ewe are still young enuff to go thru all that stuff ..

We hadda house fire a bit over three years ago and lost everything , and our insurance gave us enuff to get completley out of debt ..

So we owe no one except utilities ..

And I told Sweetie after the fire , that whether she wanted to or not I was going to start doing more trips ( like we used to do ) to places I havent been in many years and see my friends who are now scattered all over the country ..

Life is waay too short , believe me , it dont take long to get my age ..

I dont want to be on my deathbed saying " I wish I would have gone to see so and so , or seen such and such , but I didnt because I was too busy doing this or that "

Too often , too many people plan everything around their lives and schedules , and go on vacation and stay at home ... It's one thing if you cant afford it , but another , if you can afford it , but dont go for some silly reason ..

It's fairly easy to finance especially with a bike , provided it doesnt take every penny you earn to live .. I put back 10-20 bux every week , this is my bike trip money , or our vacation money fund ..

Rant Over
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:57 am

I agree Bagger. The more I work the less time I have for me, and no time to have fun. After 10 years we are taking our first vacation together. I like the idea of riding off in the sunset for making some memories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:05 am

Somebody agrees with me , a woman no less , eeekkkk
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:22 pm

yes be very afraid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:55 pm

hehe yep I am veerry skeered
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Sorry, I agree too. Life is WAY too frickin short to spend it slavin. Get some travel time in somehow. Smile
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Alaska, been dreaming about it for years had a friend last year rode his KLR 650 with three others and had perfect weather up and back. It is on my bucket list and the wife says if I really want to she would support it and go ahead but she has no interest in the trip. We took a trip to Colorado last summer and she loved it but AK is a little to far for her.
I took a 8K mile western trip back in 84 riding my old trusty BMW R90/6 and found out two things, I don't like being alone for three weeks at a time and everyone you meet on the road is a stranger. I look back fondly on the trip but would never ride that far again alone. Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 pm

sounds like we need ta hook up murph

Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down