South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best type of bike cover?

+2
joeyputt
JSteele
6 posters

Go down

What is the best type of bike cover? Empty What is the best type of bike cover?

Post by JSteele Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:40 pm

I am getting a newer bike that has been garage kept. I only have a 2 car carport. It will be out of the sun, but it will still be exposed to moisture and dust. I assume a Tyvek type cover would be best? One that breaths. Any suggestions?

What about this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Cover-Honda-VTX-1300C-1300R-Made-USA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d30f1d7QQitemZ180609937879QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

What is the best type of bike cover? Empty Re: What is the best type of bike cover?

Post by joeyputt Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Brother JSteele I do not have too much experience with covers but I would think that one that could breath would be best with as much humidity as we have. I am sure other members who use covers could give you better advice though.
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

What is the best type of bike cover? Empty Re: What is the best type of bike cover?

Post by 01YZF6 Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:07 pm

I am going to ask what kind of bike is it...

the reason is will depend on the type of cover you want....

if it has mostly painted parts or mostly aluminum/metal parts makes a difference too.

the areas a cover will rub the most, from my experience, are the fender areas, tank, and lower bits om the bike...

I would rather have a loose cover made of a nice waterproof canvas material on the outside with a soft breathable liner inside.
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Best type of bike cover?????
A garage!
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:01 pm

It might be a VTX 1300.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 pm

1300 R? C? S? makes a difference on fender and tank sizes....

but as far as the cover on the listing you posted.... it looks and reads to be the same material as the walmart pool covers.

with gentle placement and removing, it MAY last a year? but they do tear easily.....

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 am

All of mine come from Wal-Mart. I leave my covers open underneath that way the air breaths and thus the temps equalize under the cover and outside of it.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:14 pm

i got mine off Ebay ( About $20 bucks) Sprayed it with waterproofing spray adn it works great. I now went to a half cover becasue most of the time I put the cover on, the pipes are still warm and it packs up smaller.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

JSteele wrote:I am getting a newer bike that has been garage kept. I only have a 2 car carport. It will be out of the sun, but it will still be exposed to moisture and dust. I assume a Tyvek type cover would be best? One that breaths. Any suggestions?

What about this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Cover-Honda-VTX-1300C-1300R-Made-USA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d30f1d7QQitemZ180609937879QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have one I'll give ya if ya think you want it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down