South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change I would like to see to Welfare

+5
01YZF6
Dragon
joeyputt
Phantom
jughead
9 posters

Go down

Change I would like to see to Welfare  Empty Change I would like to see to Welfare

Post by jughead Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

O.K. This was stolen from an email. But I agree with it completely.

I have a job. I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes & the government
distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case,
I am required to pass a random urine test
(with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my
taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
So, here is my question:
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check
because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping
someone sitting on their butt - doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?
I guess we could call the program

"URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!

jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Change I would like to see to Welfare  Empty Re: Change I would like to see to Welfare

Post by Phantom Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Seen that before and it is so true.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Change I would like to see to Welfare  Empty Re: Change I would like to see to Welfare

Post by joeyputt Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:25 pm

I am down, where can I get one of those "urine or you're out" t-shirts?! Very Happy
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:22 am

I am a member of a facebook group that says the same thing.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 am

I am 100% behind this to be pushed through everywhere !
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:39 am

+1
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jleyburn Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:21 am

I would love to see that !!!!!
jleyburn
jleyburn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:30 pm

While I whole heartedly agree, the problem lies in that the drug screening would cost us (the earner/providers/tax payers) more tax dollars to the program.

In my opinion all government assistance programs need to be re-written and reformed. Cut out many of the programs altogether and form some new ones. Make it more difficult to take advantage of the existing (now reformed) programs. The new programs should not monetarily assist people, but rather provide assistance in finding a way to earn money, like municipality work ect. Also, instead of offering EBT/welfare as a form of spendable money, open kitchens and soup halls for them. This would prevent the misuse of funds and allow the assistance to be appropriated to the exact source it was intended......TO FEED THE HUNGRY! Not supplement a part time income because they don’t want a full time job that would interfere with their drug habits and boozed up clubbing time! This would be less convenient for the users of the programs sure, but why should it be convenient, it is inconvenient to tax payer that work to provide services for those who don't! I am not hounding on the people who can't help it, like disability and SS, rather welfare, WIC, and the various other programs that are more abused than properly used. There are too many people in the US and especially in the south that use the programs a form of income, they depend on them as if it is owed to them and they have no intention of ever trying to earn more, why would they when they have gotten so good at abusing the system. The fact is that these programs are a PRIVILAGE of being an American, not a right! Our nation is being sucked dry by freeloaders and lazy worthless trash that is breeding new generations of them at a record pace while we (workers) foot the bill. Not only has our government provide loose planning of these programs that are being taken advantage of in the sickest of ways, but now the government wants to open another form, healthcare. This will no doubt be taken advantage of like the others, but it will cause our healthcare cost to increase cloaked by the veil of "taxes" and our quality of healthcare will diminish greatly! Our nation was built on the backs of men who would throw down and fight to live free; they would work in conditions people of today cannot even imagine from daylight to dark. They were given nothing for free, and would not have taken it if it were offered! Women of that time worked just as hard, being a house wife then was a full time job that required more hours in a day than the man’s jobs. This is just saying that every person that formed this great land we live in, WORKED, and they worked harder in one day that the average modern day American does in a month. In those times if you did not work, you died….survival of the fittest is what kept the lazy worthless asses out of the gene pool! Our nation and government has long forgotten the sweat, tears, and blood that was given and spilt to forge this great nation. Now the few working people left, that are willing to fight if that what it takes, pay to breed the rest of the “less fortunate” people in the nation. This system only works if there are more hard workers than lazy asses. If the programs remain in the despair they are now, it will be the demise of our land. It is already in the works, happening around us every day. Some call them “less fortunate”, I call them lazy and unwilling to help better our nation, hell they don’t even care to better their own lives!

Sorry for the novel, but government assistance programs really piss me off! I will get off my soapbox now!
Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:53 pm

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Drug screenings are cheap nowadays, that's why a lot of companies do them. And think about it...the wasteful ways of welfare suckers....every one eliminated would pay for at least one test every month in savings of non wasted money. And once implemented, the number of current welfare recipients would drop by at least a third, I would estimate.

But don't mind me, I also think all politicians, Judges and police officers should be tested for drugs and alcohol monthly. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:20 pm

I am mostly just jealous. It sounds pretty awesome.. Do whatever you want all day long.. Get up whenever and go fishing.. Smoke some weed.. Get drunk in the afternoon.. Grill up some nice steaks bought with food stamps.
I wish I could do that. Life would be one big weekend.

But since I gotta get up early and go work and give 25% of my pay to these folks.. I don't like it to much.
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 am

+100.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:43 am

I am in total agreement with y'all. I love the idea of drug testing people on welfare. I would also like to see it become harder to get their checks. you know not so easy. More like work.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:39 am

I agree with all the above. What I hate more than that is the illegals that go to classes to learn to scam our government out of my tax dollars. Oh don't forget the free monthly cell phone..

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:38 pm

i have heard that "certain" churches give classes on how to ''beat the system"

and this really royally cheeses me off.

people's laziness is weakening this whole country
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down