South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?"

5 posters

Go down

Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?" Empty Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?"

Post by HenryD Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Just thought I would see......maybe the pot needs a little stirring. Twisted Evil

HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?" Empty Re: Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?"

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:49 pm

define darkside

Back to top Go down

Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?" Empty Re: Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?"

Post by HenryD Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:52 pm

I have a 205 Goodyear Tripletread on my rear wheel...so I am riding on a "car tire" as some say. I say I am riding a cruiser with a little "squarer tire" lol. Of course, I would not advise a sportsbike rider to go this route, but a heavy cruiser with alot less lean angle, I love it.

Anyone else "riding on the Darkside?" IMG_3398
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:54 pm

I would call that the flatside, I had that similar on a drag bike but it was a mickey.

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:55 pm

http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Interesting.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 am

and very dangerous
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:11 am

BaggerDriver wrote:and very dangerous

I am interested in why you feel its dangerous? Is it personal experience? Maybe because it is something you know nothing about? or just a gut feeling? Just asking, nothing personal, because I will be the first to say, its not for everyone and I am not trying to change anyone's mind here, just asking a question.

I would just some proof, other than conjecture, that its dangerous. I am not an expert, but I do have over 4000 miles on my GYTT and have had no ill effects at all. In fact, I believe its safer due to increased contact patch and quicker stop times. Lean angle is determined by my pegs, not the tire. The ride is MUCH smoother also.

There are forums full of "Darksiders" and more going this route everyday.

Just asking......Ride safe.

HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 am

I know a guy that runs on the dark side and scrapes the floorboards off his cruiser in the twistys. I don't know how it sticks to the road with maybe an inch of contact patch on the road.. He does it.. Shocked
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:03 pm

I just gave that forum a once over and wow! That is crazy. The pics of the dude on the Dragon rounding a corner with just the smallest contact patch. Crazy! To each their own, and it's not something you see everyday. For me though, I love sporty cornering too much. I bet it's smooth like Barry White on silk sheets on the highway though.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2002xlh Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:23 pm

deviant are you dreaming again? Very Happy
2002xlh
2002xlh
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Barry White was smooth... It's a fact.
Silk sheets...also smooth.
Riding a large cruiser with a car tire on the rear down the highway in a straight line... That's gotta be smooth... you know, till you come upon a corner and realize that you've got a CAR TIRE on your rear rim!
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Deviant1 wrote:Barry White was smooth... It's a fact.
Silk sheets...also smooth.
Riding a large cruiser with a car tire on the rear down the highway in a straight line... That's gotta be smooth... you know, till you come upon a corner and realize that you've got a CAR TIRE on your rear rim!
Wink

LOL.. Laughing ...I hope that when work settles down, I can meet up with ya and let you follow me around some and actually see what it looks like. Razz
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 pm

deviant, what's the link to the clip of that?

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 pm

try this one.....

http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/pictures-f1/darkside-on-the-dragon-t3642.htm

A nice video here.....worth a look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5rVi7lXgbg
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:11 pm

There are alot of guys on the Valkyrie Riders website that ride Darkside...It is very popular on the Valk..Havent tried it yet and do not think I will..Most of the guys that do it, swear by it though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down