South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No riding for 3 months

+4
tully_mars
hayweed
beachbum_
HenryD
8 posters

Go down

No riding for 3 months Empty No riding for 3 months

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Well I have been having some serious shoulder pain originating from a combination of coaching football (showing defensive end how to take on a block) and lifting weights. My stupid brain has not figured out that I am 42 and not 18. Went to the Orthopedic doctor (friend of mine) and he ordered an MRI. Bad news, torn rotator cuff and 2 degree shoulder separation. I will be getting arthroscopic surgery done on Monday. The first thing I asked is how long before I can ride again. He said maybe by week 12 or 13 post op. He said I can’t even lift my shoulder by myself for 6 weeks.

Back to top Go down

No riding for 3 months Empty Re: No riding for 3 months

Post by HenryD Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Ouch.....best wishes for a speedy recovery.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 am

it suxxs i have had four rotator surgerys in the last three years two on each and i hate to tell you it is the worst thing ive been through in my life you cant even wipe your own butt for a while but i did ride my bike within three weeks doc didnt like it but oh well sanity has never been one of my strong points Good Luck and i hope you have a speedy recovery

beachbum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 pm

That sux. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:04 am

Best of luck on the recovery.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey, I can totally relate! I just had rotator cuff repair done this past Monday!! I'm having bike withdrawals already....
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Coach 51 wrote:Well I have been having some serious shoulder pain originating from a combination of coaching football (showing defensive end how to take on a block) and lifting weights. My stupid brain has not figured out that I am 42 and not 18. Went to the Orthopedic doctor (friend of mine) and he ordered an MRI. Bad news, torn rotator cuff and 2 degree shoulder separation. I will be getting arthroscopic surgery done on Monday. The first thing I asked is how long before I can ride again. He said maybe by week 12 or 13 post op. He said I can’t even lift my shoulder by myself for 6 weeks.

Got worse news for you I just had that and it is 5 months before you can ride, and the therapy....OMG enjoy the pain Crying or Very sad
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:05 pm

mobilestromrider wrote:
Coach 51 wrote:Well I have been having some serious shoulder pain originating from a combination of coaching football (showing defensive end how to take on a block) and lifting weights. My stupid brain has not figured out that I am 42 and not 18. Went to the Orthopedic doctor (friend of mine) and he ordered an MRI. Bad news, torn rotator cuff and 2 degree shoulder separation. I will be getting arthroscopic surgery done on Monday. The first thing I asked is how long before I can ride again. He said maybe by week 12 or 13 post op. He said I can’t even lift my shoulder by myself for 6 weeks.

Got worse news for you I just had that and it is 5 months before you can ride, and the therapy....OMG enjoy the pain Crying or Very sad

I was riding in 11 weeks. The PT wasn't THAT bad BUT....I am a bit of a fire eater...no pain, no gain. *evil grin*

I hope you're back amongst the living by now....
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:35 am

I had 2 tendons so badly torn off that they were cut away, one reattached and the last repaired, I was left with just 2 to work with so PT sucked....
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Sorry to hear,
Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Wow dude that sucks, I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you. Remember to take it easy on yourself. It's best to let wounds heal.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Oh and Coach51 best thing to do is hide your bike where you can't see it, so you won’t cry every time you look at it, and don’t look at this site where you get to look at alllll the fun everyone else is having on their bikes….that was hard on me, but it felt gooood to get back on it……
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 pm

mobilestromrider wrote:I had 2 tendons so badly torn off that they were cut away, one reattached and the last repaired, I was left with just 2 to work with so PT sucked....
*faints* pale

mobilestromrider wrote:Oh and Coach51 best thing to do is hide your bike where you can't see it, so you won’t cry every time you look at it, and don’t look at this site where you get to look at alllll the fun everyone else is having on their bikes….that was hard on me, but it felt gooood to get back on it……
I agree 100%. Hopefully he's back at it by now and will update us soon. *hint hint*
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down