South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only Honda rider in mobile?

+5
ZombieNNN
wseibert
Dragon
HenryD
hayweed
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The only Honda rider in mobile? - Page 4 Empty Re: The only Honda rider in mobile?

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:00 am

The FJR is my current favorite new sport tourer. My fave of all time is the early FJ1200. I LOVE them. The styling is just perfect. They just look like what I think a sport tourer should look like and they've got the power to back it up.
The only Honda rider in mobile? - Page 4 Yamaha%20FJ1200%2086%20%203

Back to top Go down

The only Honda rider in mobile? - Page 4 Empty Re: The only Honda rider in mobile?

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:06 am

Agreed I have always like the FJ1200, but for something I intend on riding all over the US I need more updated technology and creature comforts. But I would love the have an old Fj1200.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Yeah, for me it'll be a long time before I'll be able to buy a new bike. And the fj1200 or an old Goldwing (gl100, gl1100, or gl1200) is going to be the best I can do.
But then I won't be able to go cross country for a long time either! Gotta wait for the kids to grow up before I can do stuff like that. The most I'll be doing will be crossing a few state lines!

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Awe comn, You dont have to have a new bike to ride around. I bet delores would be a hoot on a long weekend overnight ride. Pack your camping gear and get to it.

I Dont get to go as much as I would like, but my wife knew this was a big part of me when we married, so she lets me get out quite a bit.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Yep. That reminds me about Barber this year. It's in October in b'ham. Me and TwistedWheelz and a bunch of members from dotheton.com are going camping and hanging out the whole weekend. You should see if you can make it up there with us. It's gonna be a blast.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 pm

I have it marked on my calendar as a itme of interest already. When ti gets closer I will advise. B'ham is a short ride from over here in Mobile.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Yeah. I 've never been able to make it up there yet, but I'm doing my pilgramage this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Its a great track, better tha laguna seca cause you can see most of the track. Very nice area, the museum is worth spending a day in.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Yeah, Twisted went and took tons of pics for me! I don't know if there will be time for me to go through the museum this time as I hear it's virtually inaccesible during most of the festival.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Still the track is worth the trip.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:16 pm

That's what I've heard. I reminded my wife again today that I would be gone that weekend, and I've been putting some money back...

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:17 pm

I hope we can get it together. Are you guy plannig on riding up?
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:20 pm

I am. I'm not sure about Brandon. He might end up loading his bike in his truck and trailing behind. I hope he'll ride, but then I hope he doesn't in case I buy something big...

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Where are you plannig on camping? I know a place about 20 miles from the track that rents cabins ( the little ones that are just beds and a picnic table otu front. Teh ride from thsi capmgound to the track is awesome. it runs thru the hills on a small 2 lane road. Very scenic with some good turns.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:25 pm

We've got a buddy named Kiley who lives like 3 miles from the track and he's letting all of us camp in his yard. I can see if you can camp there too if ya want. He's got a good sized piece of property I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Thats awesome man. I just weatherproofed mytent again last weekend getting ready for biketoberfest, But I am not sure I am going. been there many times, The 8 hours of daytona is the only allure left for me.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah but there's racing a plenty at Barber. Including lots of vintage action!

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Agreed.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 pm

hope you make it camo, I would love to ride, but I pan on taking the truck....so I can haul back some goodies!...but I may be able to make other arrangements if we have a good crew to roll up together. I will be going up on wed afternoon or thursday morning though. I will be helping Kiley set up for all the DTT crew coming in.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:33 am

Very nice looking ride.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:49 am

That's when I'll be rolling too then. And dude please bring a truck! I've been putting a very small amount back from every paycheck for over a year... Very Happy
Might be able to get a big-boy bike!

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Big boy bike? What are you looking for?
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Something for touring. Ideally an old Goldwing or Yamaha Venture Royale. Something with bags and a backrest for my wifey. The cafe is capable of going two up but my wife wants a backrest. Here's my bike with the stock seat on. This is with the old paint and the stock tank.
The only Honda rider in mobile? - Page 4 100_2430

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:25 pm

there was a Venture Royale on Cl here in mobile for several months running condition for around $1000 . I didnt care for the old v4 venture, but they had a good following.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:47 pm

I know. I didn't have the cheddar for it, and when I did it was gone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next