South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member/Rider down..Alex passed on...

+19
tully_mars
jasongsgirl
intruderrider
river rat
saltcreep
Scadoodle
ZombieNNN
Jack the Bagger
mobilestromrider
keystiger
72shovelhead
Melissakins
DirtFreak
jughead
T-Ray
Dragon
crispy
hayweed
01YZF6
23 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Member/Rider down..Alex passed on... - Page 2 Empty Re: Member/Rider down..Alex passed on...

Post by 01YZF6 Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Here is some more news I just got this from a buddy of mine

Apparently his jaw and cheek bone are broken, his eye socket and skull is fractured and possible optic nerve damage. His brain was bleeding at the time of the crash but stopped quickly it started to swell up as the dried blood is being filtered out, but the pressure has gone down though. He woke up today and was moving his broken leg around but doesn't know where he is and wasn't talking. There s no spinal cord damage but are unsure if he will be able to see out of that eye if so how well and if any brain damage

I have been going to see him every day and will continue as long as possible. Yesterday seemed a bit progressive. He was moving a lot but the nurse said it was agitation. He can't register what is going on because of the sedation, so his brain is just hearing noises and reacting. But, they did say he's improving. Also found out, it wasn't actually a hit and run, the lady stopped. They have his GoPro and are investigating the crash. Going to see him again at 5, hopefully they'll have more good news.
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Member/Rider down..Alex passed on... - Page 2 Empty Re: Member/Rider down..Alex passed on...

Post by T-Ray Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Glad to hear he is improving. Also good to hear the Lady that hit em stopped. He sounds like he's gonna have a long road to recovery but ,at least the recovery is now happening.
Thanks for the update
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 am

If you go to see him tomorrow I would like to ride to see him too...Also has there been a get well card started for him? If no I will bring one around because I have 14 days off and weather permit willing to meet people to sign it
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 am

mobilestromrider wrote:If you go to see him tomorrow I would like to ride to see him too...Also has there been a get well card started for him? If no I will bring one around because I have 14 days off and weather permit willing to meet people to sign it

These are posts he is getting from another site. 01 does not live around here. As for the get well card. Great idea. If you can bring one by the shop I will gladly sign it.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crispy Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:23 am

glad to hear hes doing better and that the lady stopped, keeping him in my prayers for a speedy recovery
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:26 am

I just found out that my boss knows him and was there shortly after it happened. But he doesn't know exactly what happened.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 pm

All good things to hear. Yes a card would be a great idea. Thinking maybe after he gets moved from ICU a group can go, right now I am sure he is on a short list of visitors.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:36 pm

I am going this afternoon to get a card, I will figure out what to do with it as this goes......any one find out how he is doing lately?
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:38 pm

have heard no updates yet today.

wish i was closer than 4 hours....
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Today the driver was declared at fault, however, they had no insurance.

this just came up on the forum...
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:50 pm

uuhhh correct me if I am wrong here , but aint it against the law to not have insurance in this state ??

Or is it only required if you are a responsible citizen , every one else need not apply ??
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ray Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm with Jack on this one. Throw her a$$ in jail. I gotta pay for insurance and someone can sue me if i hit them. If they got no insurance chances are they got nothing to even sue them for. Gov't needs to start cracking down on crap like this. Man now i'm pissed off. So she'll probably get a ticket and keep on driving around with no insurance.
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Last time I was at the tag office they had a sign that said you will have to show proof of ins before they will give you a tag. And if you cancel your ins the agent is required to inform the state and they will pull your tag. Can't remember when it will take effect but I will be there tomorrow and I will try to get the info.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ray Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Hopefully that will help, but still once the new tag is on the car no one will know until they get pulled over or get in an accident. Stiffer penalties need to be administered to these people.
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Jack the Bagger wrote:uuhhh correct me if I am wrong here , but aint it against the law to not have insurance in this state ??

Or is it only required if you are a responsible citizen , every one else need not apply ??

I think we have found the answer.

Still wishing for a full recovery for him.

jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I have a get well card...but I have no clue how to get it signed, I would be willing to ride to do it but, I am hopeing that I would get met half way as we are spread out!!! If you are too far PM me and I will give you my mailing address and you can send me a card and I will get on my bike and take it there, but if I am on hitch it could be a while, as I will be in the middle of no where for 14 days then I can do it when I come home....
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Damn.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:26 pm

anyone who has a card, could you just scribble my screen name on there somewhere please?

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 pm

01YZF6 wrote:anyone who has a card, could you just scribble my screen name on there somewhere please?

Ok I actually bought 2 of them I can mail the one I did not use, to you and you can mail it back and I will pay the shipping....Just let me know the mailing address....By the way it would be my pleasure....PM me
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Just put from everyone at South Alabama Motorcycle Society and call it even. Very Happy

jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:12 am

Alex was just telling me night before we left to ride that he had changed his insurance the day before. Full coverage, uninsured motorist, medical etc. Don't know how high they'll cover but hopefully a good bit, seeing as how hebdoesntbhave actual health insurance.

I am told he is still in ICU, and not comprehending anything really.
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:33 am

Here is one of the signs at the tag office.

Member/Rider down..Alex passed on... - Page 2 IMAG0145
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 am

Someone will always find a loophole on that insurance BS.

Besides she will get off anyway, it was just a biker. Watch and see. I know of MANY riders who have been killed and the cagers got off every flippin time without serious charges, usually fines and community time. Many without insurance, many drinking and even one who was painting her damned nails.

So sick of this....
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Prayers for him his family, and to catch the one responsibly.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:09 pm

This was just posted, and while it seems grim, I will still hold a prayer for a miracle...

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I have to say this. Just got word, swelling is progressing and docs say he's not going to make it. They say we will lose him by tomorrow.

anyone have any PD contacts that can get the drivers name?

I would like to find a way for the news and papers to say something regarding this tragedy.
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next