South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scary close calls from my ride today.

+3
hayweed
crispy
EthioKnight
7 posters

Go down

Scary close calls from my ride today. Empty Scary close calls from my ride today.

Post by EthioKnight Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:46 am

...well, the vid will speak for itself, but I'll say this...I've been beating myself up the whole day for being a bit reckless just so I could avoid getting wet...it's freaking inexcusable and I could have ended up seriously fvcked up or seriously fvcking up my baby...or both...so, sympathies will be very much appreciated 'cause I doubt any criticism you guys can throw will trump the mental abuse I've been inflicting upon myself No

EthioKnight
EthioKnight

Back to top Go down

Scary close calls from my ride today. Empty Re: Scary close calls from my ride today.

Post by crispy Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:08 am

Glad to see you made it home safe,,,, now clean your pants lol!
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Scary close calls from my ride today. Empty Re: Scary close calls from my ride today.

Post by hayweed Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 am

That is why I don't ride sport bikes anymore. You get too brave and do something stupid. Glad you made it home alive. Ride safe.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EthioKnight Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks guys...I'm happy I made it home in one piece too...spent the night thanking my lucky stars. lol
EthioKnight
EthioKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 am

Damn kids. Just a lil rain. Glad yer ok. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ray Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 am

Wow Bro.. Glad your okay. I gotta agree with Hayweed on this one. When I used to ride sport bikes I got really stupid. I totaled my last sport bike being stupid. Thought I could do anything on that thing.
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by saltcreep Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Just curious, why didn't you brake when you saw you were going to intersect with the truck? It looks like you had 2 fingers on the front, but didn't really brake soon enough, were you able to tell you would make it ok, or just didn't really have time. (Watched again, looks like going to fast and braked too late?)

Man, glad that went the way it did and you made it out ok though.. And that Pedestrian.. doh!

I prefer a sportier bike over a cruiser so that I can get out of a pickle a bit easier if needed... Guess I have good self control and don't feel the need to become a Darwin Award Candidate. Very Happy We have a Honda Shadow Vt1100 that I just don't feel confident on because of the way it handles. Maybe it is just a bad model, I really don't know but it is the only Cruiser I have experience with other than my Old Venture which is more of a worn out turd with wheels.
saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by EthioKnight Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:51 pm

saltcreep wrote:Just curious, why didn't you brake when you saw you were going to intersect with the truck? It looks like you had 2 fingers on the front, but didn't really brake soon enough, were you able to tell you would make it ok, or just didn't really have time. (Watched again, looks like going to fast and braked too late?)

Man, glad that went the way it did and you made it out ok though.. And that Pedestrian.. doh!
By the time I glimpsed the truck out the corner of my eyes, I was leaned over and had plenty of room to lean even more, but I wasn't sure of the truck's lane and didn't want to lean right smack into him...so I opted to straighten up and brake (instead of locking brake while leaned which surely would have had me sliding)....I don't know, just didn't want to brake too much (two fingers usually more than enough for stainless steel lines and Galfer pads) and once straightened, I was pretty confident I could avoid him...and then another surprise, in the form of another car lol.
and WTF! was up with that ped?...crazy I tell ya!
EthioKnight
EthioKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Your a damn good rider, you should save all the hellatish skills for a track, Have you considered professional riding. With your skill you could get a sponsor. Of course I just caught wind of the other incident. Do you hear voices, like, "Hey Dude, don't do that, slow down, Etc. That could be the Angel that's assigned to you! Sometimes we need to slow down and smell the roses so we can ride another day. Praying for you for a miraculous recovery, no Biggie if you don't believe, I do!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down