South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our ride today

+2
HenryD
intruderrider
6 posters

Go down

Our ride today Empty Our ride today

Post by intruderrider Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 pm

My wife and I went on our second two up ride together today. I now have 3000 miles under my butt she now has 360 since I bought this bike April 21st 2011. Anyway We started out
heading west on I10 to north 181 to west 31 and over to 225 where we stopped for gas for the first time then rode all the way up 225 and at Little river it changed to 59 then on to Uriah where 59 ended and 21 started then we went north to Frisco city and then turned east onto 84-41 to repton south on 41 to brewton west onto 31 again then just outside of brewton we stopped for gas again ( why did Suzuki ever put such a small tank on a big bike an lc1500) after113 miles still did 41 mpg pulling a fat dude 310 and a hot chick 125. anyhow back to the ride. Continued on 31 to Bay Minette where We stopped at STREETS seafood restaurant( if you miss it you wasted your ride)then after We left there took a right headed west again on 138 where we crossed 225 again to hurricane landing turned around and came back to 225 head south to Whitehouse fork rd.I don't remember the hwy number got lost and ended back on 138 east back into Bayminette then we went south again on 31 to 68 back to our House. It was just about 230 miles today.
What I have learned is that I need to stop "and smell the roses " so to speak as I have no pictures to show these wonderful little towns that we past through today.I also think a few butt breaks would help. thanks for reading hope it was not to boring maybe pics on the next trip
intruderrider
intruderrider
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Our ride today Empty Re: Our ride today

Post by HenryD Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Sounds almost identical to our ride! We rode up 225 and then to 59 and to Uriah. Turned South and came back down 21 until we hit 31 in Atmore. Rode 31 to Bay Minette and out to I65 and back to Creola.

We stopped in at Little River State Park and rested for a few. It has a beautiful lake. (See sig picture) and along 225 there is the flowing well, Red Eagle's grave and tons of history about the Creek Indians. Fort Mims.....once you get to Uriah, you can shoot on up to Monroeville to Claiborne and the Dam. (Look up "The Dam Ride") and HWY 41 up to Camden is like a mountain road. Lots of twist and turns, hills and such.

Glad your enjoying the ride! Shoot me a note sometimes......I love to get out and ride, when I can.

Another nice ride, although pretty flat is the old Pensacola hwy back towards Bay Minette.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Nice. Keep it up. Smile
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:28 am

Wow,NICE ride!!!
I'm planning on running a similar line of travel in the not too distant future! By myself or with company, makes no difference to me...I love to cruise! What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by river rat Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:34 am

Nice ride, enjoyed the read. pirat
river rat
river rat
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down