South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need some advice

3 posters

Go down

need some advice Empty need some advice

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:12 pm

I have a 2003 honda vtx 1800c hard to start when it starts it dose not idle and pure gas comes out of the exhaust pipes gas is new 93 oct,[strike]

Back to top Go down

need some advice Empty Re: need some advice

Post by intruderrider Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:37 pm

You might try going to this forum and asking about it. This is the vtx cafe
http://www.vtxcafe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12. I don't have a thing to do with this site just think this would be the place to ask for help. I go to the intruder forum when I have problems.
intruderrider
intruderrider
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Sounds like the ethanol has damaged the needle and seat. Very common now days. You will have to replace them.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rglgatortail Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:26 pm

You definately have a carb problem, i strongly suggest stop running the engine until you fix the prob because as you should already know that liquid cant be compressed and when too much is in the combustion chamber you now have a hydraulic lock and when that happens you are looking at engine damage that could be unrebuildable. If you have a fuel tank pet cock to shut off the gas i suggest to turn off the gas to the carbs until you get the carbs fixed because if the needle is not shutting off the gas at the appropriate level in the bowl of the carb well the carbs are over full and that is not good either. Check your oil and smell it to make sure your oil is not smelling like it has gas added in the motor oil.
rglgatortail
rglgatortail
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down