South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Harley engine parts collecting dust??

2 posters

Go down

Old Harley engine parts collecting dust?? Empty Old Harley engine parts collecting dust??

Post by 72shovelhead Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 pm

I am starting to look for the next project bike ( for my son actually deployed in japan on the USS G.W.) and looking for any old shovelhead or panhead engines and parts out there anyone might have setting in a corner. I figure if i pickup a few parts here and there I will have everything needed to build him a good solid engine for his project bike in 18 months when he gets re assigned back stateside. I have been sending him bike magazines every month and he likes the old shovelhead and panhead engines. plus he helped me rebuild my 72 electra glide I am riding.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Old Harley engine parts collecting dust?? Empty Re: Old Harley engine parts collecting dust??

Post by hayweed Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 am

Will keep an eye open for you.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Old Harley engine parts collecting dust?? Empty Re: Old Harley engine parts collecting dust??

Post by 72shovelhead Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks hayweed,

Figured if I can find him and engine and get all the machine work done and parts together he will have a good start on building his bike. He really likes the shovelhead and panhead engines so i should be able to get him a shovelhead a panhead is different. I know I can build him a good engine using a panhead bottom end with shovel top end assembley, or straiht shovel engine.I will see what I can find.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down