South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any members from Florida that can do me a favor?

5 posters

Go down

Any members from Florida that can do me a favor? Empty Any members from Florida that can do me a favor?

Post by Dragon Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Perhaps I should say any still active members from Florida? Razz

I need a favor. We like Mead, which is wine made from honey instead of grapes. However since it is alcoholic, Alabama has some weird laws about having alcohol shipped into the state. Involving a lot of paperwork, special permissions, etc etc etc.....and the kind we like is shipped from Missouri. So....we need to ship it to Florida (That has no such laws ) and pick it up there if anyone wouldn't mind receiving it so we can come pick it up. Even give you a bottle per shipment for your trouble. We order 3-4 times a year.

Beachbum has done this in the past, but seems to be MIA lately. Anyone else mind helping out? Otherwise I will have to look into a UPS store mailbox over in Pensacola, maybe I could do it that way.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Any members from Florida that can do me a favor? Empty Re: Any members from Florida that can do me a favor?

Post by 72shovelhead Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:50 am

Dragon,

I cannot help you now but in April we will be moving across into Florida.. Pensacola somewhere.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Any members from Florida that can do me a favor? Empty Re: Any members from Florida that can do me a favor?

Post by Scadoodle Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Let just go get the stuff and hope we don't get pulled over
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:14 pm

All the way to St. Louis? Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Why not, It's a long week end trip, you can take a bus across the US long ways in five days. never been there wouldn't mind seeing it. We could probably get a case in my tour pack, we could ride there, quit our jobs for a week, leave on friday, be there by monday, head back home tuesday. go back to work
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Sounds like a great trip. Very Happy

Work would never let me off for it now. We lost two managers, which means the rest of us barely get two scattered days a week off these days. Which is going to make it an issue between me and work when the Ren Faire season starts up again. Suspect
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Any members from Florida that can do me a favor? Empty wino man

Post by beachbum_ Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Hey let me know when your doing the order. We have no immediate plans to be away from the house for at least a few weeks.

beach_
bukweet53@gmail.com

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 am

I came to the Movies Sunday, around 3:30. I hope it works out for you. Loosing that other Manager would explain the grumps up there
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 am

Hopefully within the next week, Beachbum. And thanks for calling us, I don't know what happened to the messenger on here, we both sent a couple messages to you, but couldn't find your number. Were mainly wonderin if you were ok. Wink

Sorry if you had a bad experience over there Scadoodle.

Not an excuse, but yes, the corporate and the film promoters have been triple breathing down our necks to promote way too many promo items at once plus a charity at the same time, forcing us to show midnight movies when we are only getting two or three people to attend them per show for the past 3 weeks, then backpedaling and breathing still harder because our payroll runs over budget ( Ya think, with paying 3 people to be on staff for the cost of two tickets sold? DERP. ). We have cut staff to the bone to the point of losing quality customer service and everyone is working at least two jobs per shift, some of us three, yet we still can't hit the numbers they want.

The gift card sales have been down this year as compared to 2010 (Hello...economy....another DERP. ) Yet all us managers get a half dozen snarky emails a day about it when we all are doing everything we can. And recently we got one from the head of it all that ran within a millimeter of outright screaming at us all. I am told they have sent screaming emails in the past. I wouldn't suggest anyone in the company screaming at me in person with what all everyone is doing and trying their best....I guarantee they would get knocked the F out.

Sorry for the rant, but yeah.....things are stretched really tight around there right now in everyones stress levels. Very sorry to hear it is bad enough to start showing to the public eye as that is very bad.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:24 am

Dude, It was no big deal, i took no offense, I looked for you. I've been blowing
my horn past your neighborhood, have you heard me. Won't be long you'll be taking over and straighten all those fools out
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Aw...thanks for the vote of confidence. Very Happy

Keep your fingers crossed instead though that other plans I have in the works go all the way through and we will be running our own business instead of dancing to a corporate monkeys organ grinder box for a change. I haven't said much of anything to anyone about it, not wanting to jinx anything. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saltcreep Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Dragon, can't help with purchasing it, but can you tell me what type you like the best. I like the make beer and just started 2 Hives of Italians this last spring. I didn't pull any honey from them this year, but I am hoping we have a good crop this spring. I'll probably start another 2 hives again this spring for a total of 4.

I'd like to try my hand at making mead, I've made lots of beers, but I have not tasted mead before.
saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Oh, Mead is the stuff. Here is a great place to get you started:

www.gotmead.com

Recipes, tips on brewing, even a step by step how to.

The kind we like best is from Pirtle Winery in St. Louis, Missouri. They make a blackberry that is awesome.

http://www.pirtlewinery.com/Default.asp

Make room for more hives though. It takes about a pound of honey per proof point. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm believing with ya! I like monkeys!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by saltcreep Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Average yield from a hive in this area is 50-70 lbs (5-6gallons) a year. These were just started last year and it was a dry year so I doubt I will see that, but should give me enough to experiment with.
Thanks for the link. I'll bottle up some to share if it turns out good.
I may have to try a blueberry/mead combo, my in-laws always have excess blueberries to give us.
saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey Beachbum, we got delayed on ordering, but it has been ordered today. And again, appreciate the help. Very Happy

Saltcreep, let me know, I will be available for some field testing if ya get some going. I love blueberry, so that sounds real good. Cool
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 am

Glad you got this worked out, although it would have been a great road trip
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:20 pm

will call you when it gets here

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down