South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helmet Law Repeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+3
Scadoodle
Dragon
jmunsey
7 posters

Go down

Helmet Law Repeal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Helmet Law Repeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jmunsey Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:57 am

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/1/repeal-of-helmet-law-gains-traction-in-michigan/#.Ttt5umrYorw.facebook

Another success story of an ABATE organization getting things done.

Update on Dixie ABATE:

There is a new Dixie ABATE chapter created for South Alabama Region. The first meeting of the new chapter is next Sunday 12/11/11 at 3pm at the Hooters in Daphne. Cmon out and support/join the new chapter!

Jim
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Helmet Law Repeal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Helmet Law Repeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Dragon Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Woot! Very Happy

As for the meeting....gotta work.....always gotta damn work. Sad
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

One day you will not have to work, and you'll bitch cause your not working. Hope all is well
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Rate it is going, I will have to quit to get any frickin time off. They lost two managers and now they are only going to hire back ONE. Which means the rest of us have to pick up all the extra hours and they are not hurrying to rehire, even though they had over a hundred applicants for the positions.

So I am not exaggerating. I been very sick over a week, but if I call off, anyone covering me will go into OT, which OHHH NOOOO, that shyte aint happening, according to corporate....

It is getting old for sure.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:15 am

Dragon wrote:Rate it is going, I will have to quit to get any frickin time off. They lost two managers and now they are only going to hire back ONE. Which means the rest of us have to pick up all the extra hours and they are not hurrying to rehire, even though they had over a hundred applicants for the positions.

So I am not exaggerating. I been very sick over a week, but if I call off, anyone covering me will go into OT, which OHHH NOOOO, that shyte aint happening, according to corporate....

It is getting old for sure.

The PO is telling us the same thing...no OT. Riiiiiight... I hope you catch a break sometime soon and that you feel better fast!

Jim, will try to make the ABATE meeting.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 am

I am keeping my helmet whether they repeal or not. With all the texting and cell phones i need all the armor i can get against the cagers. Our government has bigger problems to worry about than helmet laws, rediculous.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 pm

It is all about freedom and your right as a rider to choose to wear a helmet and which one to wear or not.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Sounds more like a Government plot to aid in disarming Americans, If they can put dumb people on the road to take us out cause we choose to ride with no helmet, they would just about disarm America, since the majority of us are gun owners too. There are a lot of bikers in America.
Dragon, no they probably wait till another one quits to hire even one, they're Idea to save a buck. Hang in there Dude, It can only get better!
I'd still wear a helmet when I scoot with my wife!
If I'm out some where that's slow on traffic it would be nice to let the hair I got left blow round. I definitely keep one on when I'm on the Interstate. My insurance agent says that the helmet is only intended to keep the mess low. Like a safety harness on a construction site, It's just to keep you from hitting the ground so they can keep the others working. Most of the times the harness will break your back, causing your lungs to collapse and you'll suffocate on the way to the hospital. Wow, I'm on a role here
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Scadoodle wrote:Sounds more like a Government plot to aid in disarming Americans, If they can put dumb people on the road to take us out cause we choose to ride with no helmet, they would just about disarm America, since the majority of us are gun owners too. There are a lot of bikers in America.
Dragon, no they probably wait till another one quits to hire even one, they're Idea to save a buck. Hang in there Dude, It can only get better!
I'd still wear a helmet when I scoot with my wife!
If I'm out some where that's slow on traffic it would be nice to let the hair I got left blow round. I definitely keep one on when I'm on the Interstate. My insurance agent says that the helmet is only intended to keep the mess low. Like a safety harness on a construction site, It's just to keep you from hitting the ground so they can keep the others working. Most of the times the harness will break your back, causing your lungs to collapse and you'll suffocate on the way to the hospital. Wow, I'm on a role here

That's why some call it a brain bucket....
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 pm

I guess, Some name huh
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Scadoodle wrote:I guess, Some name huh

Well, I would call yours a skid lid... You basically ride with very little up there. Mine is DOT approved and I look like a freakin mushroom. lol! Time to find a loer profile helmet...with some zip out ear protection....and I gotta find some better gloves.... Rolling Eyes
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 am

It is all about choice. I have been in two accidents where a good helmet definitely saved my head, but if I want to ride local backroads I should have the choice to take my helmet off. Most people would still wear them no matter what the law says. We don't need more govt. regulations, we need less.
Sonny
Sonny
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:12 pm

FL does not have a helmet law. Years ago I was pulled over while wearing a full face helmet. After he ran my license & gave me attitude, he said "I pulled you over for no eye protection". I flipped my face shield up to get some air at a redlight. So, if they get rid of one restriction, they just add a different one. What's the point. For the record, I always wear a helmet. Even riding my pitbike in the backyard.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Most states that have no helmet laws you have to have proof of medical coverage. Eye protection is required in a lot of states. I drive safer with out one.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Eye protection is required pretty much everywhere with good reason. 28 states have no helmet law with some adding age requirements such as u must be 21 to go without a helmet. Two states are completely helmet free.

It should be a riders right to choose whether to wear a helmet or not. It should not be forced on anyone by some pinhead in the government that knows squat about riding a bike.

It is all about freedom of the road. ABATE is also a great organization to help keep check on other government idiots that try to incrementally infringe on your rights with other idiotic laws.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down