South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program

4 posters

Go down

Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program Empty Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:20 pm

I have for the last 15 years been trying to get the state to teach MSF courses here in South Alabama, the rub was always finding a range, well I found one at the brand new state of the art AIDT Maritime Science Center on Battleship Causeway. Now we need students, classes are taught on scheduled weekends Friday night - Sunday. The classes can hold up to 12 people and all instructors are MSF certified. We teach both the BRC - I and BRC - II (ERC) I think we have one of the best training facilities on the coast so if you know someone who is wanting to learn or someone wanting to get back into riding tell'em to check us out and learn to ride theright way. Oh we teach on 125 Kawasaki Eliminators and 250 Suzuki TU for the BRC I course, The BRC II course you ride your own ride.
http://www.montevallo.edu/atsc/motorcycle/

Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program Motologo1

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program Empty Re: Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program

Post by Phantom Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:29 pm

How much is it...? I may pay for my brother to do it for his b-day.

Edit: Nevermind...just found it $250

Last edited by Phantom on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found it)
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program Empty Re: Motorcycle Safety Courses - Alabama Motorcycle Safety Program

Post by Jack the Bagger Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:03 pm

I have always had a bike since 1971 , back then at fourteen it was a written test , no road skills test ..

I learned the hard way , like everyone else ..

I have been against me doing an advanced course ever since they started offering courses ..

I'm sure I have lots of bad habits , and like anything else , the ones who have been at it the longest are the hardest ones to re train ..

I have been very lucky in all the intervening years .. I have had "only" two accidents on the highway ..

In 1979 I totaled a 1978 FLH and walked away , and in 1991 I totaled a 1986 Wide Glide and walked away ..

Both were low speed crashes , first was about 30 mph and second was about twenty mph .. Low speed according to the ground speed , but I tell ya , you can get hurt at those "low speeds" .. And both were identical , someone turned in front of me as I crossed the white line at an intersection , both unavoidable ..

One close friend was killed about twenty years ago in Japan , he hit a bus head on , and his wife was behind him , he was dead when she got to him ..

I watched another friend lose control in a heavy rain on the interstate in Kansas City 15 years ago , he walked away and shoulda been killed ..

Several friends have been hurt really bad ..

Anyway you slice it , motorsickles are like airplanes , no such thing as a "minor accident" .. You lose every time ..

The older I get , the more "self preservation" kicks in ..

I couldnt imagine life without a bike .. I am going to ride as long as I am able ..

And will probably sign up for an advanced course ..

Thanks for posting this ..

Even if ya do ride a GW No
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:00 am

BaggerDriver wrote:I have always had a bike since 1971 , back then at fourteen it was a written test , no road skills test .. I couldnt imagine life without a bike .. I am going to ride as long as I am able ..And will probably sign up for an advanced course ..

Thanks for posting this ..Even if ya do ride a GW No

Bagger no problem guess what still only a written test, we're trying to get the state to agree to accept Rider Course completiopn cards in lieu of taking a written test, at least that shows you know how to ride one and have proven it. Like most things in Alabama we are so far behind other states it's pitiful, it's also one reason I joined Dixie ABATE of Alabama www.dixieabate.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Bagger well put.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Jack the Bagger wrote:
I learned the hard way , like everyone else ..

:

Same here. Once i got into Motorcycle safety and teaching, I tell everyone i rode several hundred thousand miles WRONG. I had alot of misconceptons and fortunatley ws lucky adn never got in a crash. After taking the advanced ( team oregon) course I learned alot I thought I knew. Now i teach MSF because i was dang lucky and I think the principals they teach can save lives.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down