South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I need some winter gear...

+2
DirtFreak
hayweed
6 posters

Go down

I think I need some winter gear... Empty I think I need some winter gear...

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 pm

So I bundled up today to ride to work. Its a 20-30 minute ride usually. Down 98 from west mobile to I-65. 65 to 10 west and then off on rangeline. It gets windy and cold on the interstate.

I have been riding with a leather jacket - but it never fit right and although i like it for general use - its not a good riding jacket. So today I tried wearing a hoodie sweatshirt under my mesh jacket with the liner in. It wasnt bad at all. No clue what the temps were this morning, but i was cold at all. I even was able to put the hood on under my helmet so my bald head wouldnt get cold.

I have some snowmobile gloves i got from friends on ADVrider.com. They work great for our temps around here. Other than that - just longjohns under the workpants and my work boots.

so what do you guys have for cold days?

Back to top Go down

I think I need some winter gear... Empty Re: I think I need some winter gear...

Post by hayweed Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 pm

On those cold brisk mornings, I like to wear my Dodge truck. It even has a heater. lol! I try not to ride if the temp drops below *50.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:00 pm

+1
when i past 45 yrs old, I became a fair weather rider , lol lol lol
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:11 pm

I use my rain paints to keep the wind from pushing cold air through. My leather jacket has a liner & I've never been cold with it on. For my face I use a Buff. I have some gloves that go halfway to my elbows. They are way to bulky, but they keep my hands warm.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Carhartt coveralls. Worked outside in the weather in the dead of IL winters, swingin off the back of a trash truck and never got cold at all. Ebay has em for around a hundred.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:49 pm

I am with Hayweed 100%.........I sure do like my cage when the temp drops or the rain comes!

I ride for fun, being cold and/or wet is no fun! Once for a short period, I had a bike as my only means of trans, and for a longer time all I had was an old jeep with no top, so I got burned out on being cold/wet!

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:28 pm

On cold sunny days when I ride I found the fleece neck warmer really blocked the wind along with some gauntlet style riding gloves that cover up the sleeves on my jacket around my wrists. Once I blocked the wind out I didn't really get cold anymore.

I hear Bass Pro has some flannel jeans on sale so I think I am going to add them to the cold riding uniform too. Otherwise when it is raining I am out like many others here.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I ride all the time. I like my van, but not as much as my bikes. I dont mind being wet or cold if im riding. The only real issue is when it rains on the way TO work - thats when i have to use the van. I figure if it rains in the afternoon - im going home anyway and can find warm dry clothes there Smile

i was really surprised how well the setup i used today worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 pm

hayweed wrote:On those cold brisk mornings, I like to wear my Dodge truck. It even has a heater. lol! I try not to ride if the temp drops below *50.

lol! Mee too!!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:18 pm

I ride every day reguardless on the weather unless I need to drive the truck for hauling stuff after work. just got a solar battery tender for my truck at christmas. What a Face
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down