South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waving At other Bikers; Funny but long

+3
Dragon
01YZF6
ZombieNNN
7 posters

Go down

Waving At other Bikers; Funny but long Empty Waving At other Bikers; Funny but long

Post by ZombieNNN Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community—a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the half-helmets—God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys—I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ass. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

And Honda riders. Please who needs those humongous 1000 lb cars on two wheels anyway? With all their radios and cb's and gps units and drink dispensers. So what if you can go 200,000 miles before a rebuild, just take it off cruise control a bit and shift it already. And what's with the damn stuffed animal tied to your back rack? Trolling for school kids?

And you know who else I won't wave to? Those Dual-Sport riders. yeah they think they're so special, "Ooooh I'm so much better than you cause I can ride on any surface" And whats with that gear, its like they can't decide if they're going to pound some pavement for tear up some dirt.

Speaking of Gear, how about those "adventure riders". I won't wave at them either, really, is that kitchen sink strapped down on top of the generator and refrigerator really necesary? Between those monster tank bags, tank panniers, monster huge aluminum boxes, tailbags, top boxes and the backpack, theres no place to sit on those things. For all the money wasted on overpriced mounting systems and the cluttered dash full of pointless electronics, they could've bought the motorhome that they really wanted.

I ride a bobber, and I'll only wave at bobber guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at—those guys with the helmets with the loud paintjobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet–like I'm going to wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride bobbers, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Waving At other Bikers; Funny but long Empty Re: Waving At other Bikers; Funny but long

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm

bwahahahah !

I really like how they did not mention YAMAHA !
guess we are safe
cheers
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Waving At other Bikers; Funny but long Empty Re: Waving At other Bikers; Funny but long

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm

I guess he thinks all Honda makes is a goldwing????? My Honda weighs less than 400lbs.!

We have all seen that guy, I wave at every bike, even scooters, but we have all passed that guy who don't wave back, and you can tell by the smirk on his face he feels his opinion of what a "real" rider is, is way different than you....so he can't wave at you!

Don't bother me man, I am as nice to everyone I meet as I would like them to be to me. If they can't offer me back the same respect, well too bad for them. Good karma comes back to me.......all they get is more piss in their cheerios!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Ironically funny. Funny cuz it's true for some riders.

I like waving to them just to piss them off. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Yeah, I found it on another forum and thought it was funny. I had to post it.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by river rat Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:05 pm

that was funny zombie . I wave at all bikers no matter what they ride . some don't wave back. HEEHA ! pirat
river rat
river rat
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:07 pm

They didn't mention my PAG either, so I guess I'm in the "IN" crowd for once.

For a minute there I almost took you serious, them I kept reading. That was really funny Zombie. Reminds me of some GOLDWING people I know real well. (See I didn't say HONDA! LOL
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 pm

I was behind a group of goldwings at Laconia, when they passed other goldwings, they would stick an elbow out and flap their arm like a WING....

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:16 pm

I know Edera, I saw it on another Forum and thought it would good for this one. I laughed the whole time I was reading it. It makes me think too, I try to wave at everyone, but sometimes I catch myself not paying attention to the riders I meet in the oncoming traffic, but I look out for the cars on my side of the road exiting from places onto the road I am on. I don't want to not wave, but I am scanning for any hazards. I got that from my Ricer Coach(Camo). I try and make a good scan in front of me at all times.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Good habit to have Zombie. It's one we should all practice. I don't get offended if someone doesn't wave. I figure they are not comfortable taking their hand off the bar, and that is fine by me. A nod of the head works just the same, if they see me.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by ratznfragn Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Here ya go!