South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mighty have fallen Sooners gave the game to missouri, Now who will be #1

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The mighty have fallen  Sooners gave the game to missouri, Now who will be #1 Empty The mighty have fallen Sooners gave the game to missouri, Now who will be #1

Post by camo Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:43 am

I bet the ducks come out on top for now.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

The mighty have fallen  Sooners gave the game to missouri, Now who will be #1 Empty Re: The mighty have fallen Sooners gave the game to missouri, Now who will be #1

Post by river rat Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:47 pm

ROLL TIDE!!
river rat
river rat
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

The mighty have fallen  Sooners gave the game to missouri, Now who will be #1 Empty Re: The mighty have fallen Sooners gave the game to missouri, Now who will be #1

Post by Dragon Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Would be nice, but however they also handed a game off....

(To south carolina.....SOUTH CAROLINA??????? Shocked )
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Judging by the last 3 weeks, being No. 1 might not be a good thing.

WAR EAGLE!!
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Things are shaping uq quite nicely so Auburn doesn't need to lose any games until Bama and Bama won't lose another game so who knows either way it goes Bama will be SEC Champions in 2010. You heard it hear first folks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:21 am

Okay War Eagle! And bama as SEC champs? LMAO. not this year! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 pm

We shall see but one question when Bama beats LSwho and Auburn does that mean they play Auburn again in the SEC game? Just wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:38 pm

No, they cant shell, both teams are in the west SEC, they will play the winner of the east and that one is in the air now but South Carolina is looking like they may be the one. If Bama wins out the rest of the season until Auburn, and Auburn comes to Iron bowl undefeated and #1, the the winner of that Game will play the winner of the East SEC. If It is Bama, we will be back at #1 and set to go to the BCS championship game again if we win the SEC game too! Roll Tide!

Auburn being #1 is the best thing for both Tide fans and Tiger fans. Give the tigers the reconition they (Cam) deserve and gives the tide a chance to be #1 again with a victory! I can't wait for the iron bowl.....it is shaping up to be an even better game than it ussually is!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Woo hoo I can't wait I am so glad we will get that chance again ! Roll Tide , hey lets have a ride and watch the Iron Bowl. I have no tv whatsoever so I will at the very least be going to Champs or somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:38 pm

The way Auburn has been playing looks like they have a shot.. Ducks been playing well also. i am ready to get flamed, but i hope bama looses, I dont care for the tide at all.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:07 am

Yeah if bama beats LSU this will be a trully historic Iron Bowl. I'm looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 pm

I do not like Auburn but I would never wish defeat on anybody I guess I just keep it classy like that. If any case Bama does not win the Iron bowl I hope Auburn goes the whole way. RTR from the classy fan Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:56 pm

I like your style Shell, you're my kind of fan. I am an Alabama fan with the same mentality as you....but we are hard to come by! I have found that most fans of any sports team can be rude and lack class, it has gotten worse over the last 10 years or so too. I am trying to bring back class! I am glad to see there are more, and I have found that by acting and speaking with respect about all teams and to all fans, I have seen a classier side of some fans that I thought I never would!

Cheers to you!
Roll Tide Roll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:19 am

I think being an athlete and being taught about good sportsmanship was key even if the opponent were being turds. It was hard but I am glad I had good role models in my life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 am

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:46 am

props to Auburn for winning maybe they can take it all the way now, hopefully Bama can play for more than 2 quarters next year !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:58 am

That was the greatest Iron Bowl that has been played in my lifetime. Props to the Tide for playing us tough as hell. Nobody should hang their head from either team. That one will go down in history.
Now it's on to South Carolina and Spurrier in Atlanta. That one's going to be tough as well. It's always harder to beat someone a second time.
And I was sorry to see that Boise State fell. They wouldn't have played for the title either way (imho) but a 24 game win streak is nothing to snort at.

Also I'm glad to see the level of class and sportsmanship on this thread. I'm an Auburn fan all the way, but I root for Bama every other game of the year, and I was very happy to see them win a title last year. I know Twisted is the same way, except for he loves the Tide. It's good to see that others feel the same way. Our state is that much better for having two dominant teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Classy folks all the way around very much agree !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:24 pm

I do hope to see Auburn take it all the way, but I feel when this whole Camron Newton thing runs its course, they will be stripped of the title and have yet another "championship year" with an * beside their title! I really hate that too, as Auburn deserves a full title without the * beside it. I do have to say though; this whole stink makes ALL of the SEC look bad. I know that "less than ethical" conduct happens at EVERY school, it should not!!! Not only should the schools, conferences, and the NCAA be against this conduct, but fans and mostly BOOSTERS should too! College football is much better than pro (IMHO) because it is pure sport, and leaving money and incentives out of it will keep it that way.

I hope that Auburn and Cam come out of this clean, but with all the smog in the air around this case, some poop will be dug up somewhere, and it is starting to smell worse around Cam, his father, and Mt. Zion church!!!

As a true Alabama fan, that bleeds crimson and white, I can honestly say this and mean it......
WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

They always go after the SEC with a vengeance does have any real evidence of why or is it haters going after the toughest conference ?

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Sorry guys. I guess I have no class. SEC championship I want the team playing Steve Spurrier's team to win. (See I can't even say I pull for Auburn now)

If title game is Auburn and Oregon ... then Go Ducks.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy you Auburn fans finally have some respect from the whole country. (Just not here)

The only time I am an Auburn fan is when they are playing Florida.
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:29 am

So you would rather a team from another conference beat an SEC team and make all of our claims as the toughest conference seem meaningless and mundane? Never!!!! When it comes to bowl season, I pull for every SEC team to make a blowout victory, no matter if it is Auburn, Florida, LSU, or even Tennessee! SEC is the toughest conference and we take a beating all season from each other, it is nice to go to the bowls and clean house to show them that playing each other all season is tougher, so that is why our BCS ranking should have strength of schedule taken into account, with SEC schedule strength being top ranked! If you are a “real” NCAAF fan, then you should pull for the SEC, it makes any SEC that you may pull for look better and rank better in the final postings and in the next years pre-season AP polls. The BAMA win, AUBURN lose mentality is a very elementary way of thinking when you consider the big picture. As for most fans, they just love Alabama football games, not the Alabama program or NCAA ball as a whole. But what truly makes Alabama a great team is the Legacy of being a powerhouse and playing pure hardnose football. If our competition is week, then Alabama would be another Boise St. or TCU. How awesome is it to be undefeated when you play teams that some high school teams in the south could beat on any given Saturday. Because the SEC has other strong teams, that win big non-conference games, and create true rivalries within the conference, that is what makes SEC football a better sport than any pro league football could ever be. SEC and NCAA football is played to win, for the thrill off defeating a formidable adversary that has formed a true rivalry through years of back and forth wins and losses.

In short, you don’t have to be vocal, jump up and down yelling at the TV for who is normally your rival, but you should wish them a victory. As for me, I will be vocal, yelling as if I were coaching, drink too much beer, and probably be upset when it is done…..but that is because I am a REAL fan of Alabama, SEC, and NCAA football!

Cheers all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Well said !

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:03 pm

tWistedWheelz wrote:So you would rather a team from another conference beat an SEC team and make all of our claims as the toughest conference seem meaningless and mundane? Never!!!! When it comes to bowl season, I pull for every SEC team to make a blowout victory, no matter if it is Auburn, Florida, LSU, or even Tennessee! SEC is the toughest conference and we take a beating all season from each other, it is nice to go to the bowls and clean house to show them that playing each other all season is tougher, so that is why our BCS ranking should have strength of schedule taken into account, with SEC schedule strength being top ranked! If you are a “real” NCAAF fan, then you should pull for the SEC, it makes any SEC that you may pull for look better and rank better in the final postings and in the next years pre-season AP polls. The BAMA win, AUBURN lose mentality is a very elementary way of thinking when you consider the big picture. As for most fans, they just love Alabama football games, not the Alabama program or NCAA ball as a whole. But what truly makes Alabama a great team is the Legacy of being a powerhouse and playing pure hardnose football. If our competition is week, then Alabama would be another Boise St. or TCU. How awesome is it to be undefeated when you play teams that some high school teams in the south could beat on any given Saturday. Because the SEC has other strong teams, that win big non-conference games, and create true rivalries within the conference, that is what makes SEC football a better sport than any pro league football could ever be. SEC and NCAA football is played to win, for the thrill off defeating a formidable adversary that has formed a true rivalry through years of back and forth wins and losses.

In short, you don’t have to be vocal, jump up and down yelling at the TV for who is normally your rival, but you should wish them a victory. As for me, I will be vocal, yelling as if I were coaching, drink too much beer, and probably be upset when it is done…..but that is because I am a REAL fan of Alabama, SEC, and NCAA football!

Cheers all!

Sorry that what football team I pull for seems to offend you (or anyone else). I saw this thread where everyone else was stating their opinions and thought it would be O.K. for me to do the same without being called "elementary" or the implication that since my opinion is different than yours that I am not a "REAL Alabama fan". I have been a Alabama fan longer than you have been alive. As far as "who is normally your rival" there are 3 teams in the S.E.C. that I will NEVER pull for. 2 of them because of Spurrier.

In short... Please tell me this is NOT one of the forums where everything is great as long as I agree with what you have to say.

jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

No sir jughead, I value your opinion and am pleased that you express it! That is what a forum is for. I never meant to offend you or call you elementary, only that MY OPINION is that thinking is elementary. I don't doubt you to be an Alabama fan, I am only stating that buy wishing a win for the other SEC teams, it only helps Alabama's ranking, which any Alabama fan should be for, if you really care about the Alabama program. If you only care that Alabama wins each game with no regard to the national ranking, then so be it, you are entitled to that. I am not trying to start an Efight, rather I am simply stating my opinion and debating it with others like yourself. Debating...not fighting or arguing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next