South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need some help with a fabrication + ?????

5 posters

Go down

need some help with a fabrication + ????? Empty need some help with a fabrication + ?????

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:54 am

Finally got my trike...went down to Tampa and picked up this sweety...2006 Yamaha Stratoliner triked out by Santiago Choppers. Got it home the other day and putting on some miles,went into an unfamiliar parking lot off Warrington Rd and drove into a pothole. Broke the weld on rear fenders....they are still attached,barely~!Like to have them fixed and probably a little fabrication of a support while we are at it. I live in Lilllain,al. Can Deliver hopefully somewhere short of Mobile,Brewton etc....please holler at me...850-346-7747 anytime...Thanks

Back to top Go down

need some help with a fabrication + ????? Empty Re: need some help with a fabrication + ?????

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:14 am

I'm sorry I'm out of town or my shop would gladly do it. I'm the only welder I have, but I'm currently welding on a pipeline in Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

need some help with a fabrication + ????? Empty Re: need some help with a fabrication + ?????

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 am

appreciatte the offer...enjoy OkL and make some $$$ while you can....Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 am

I would happily do it for you but we are in southeast Alabama so it would be a drive for you but I am sure the guys here know someone close to you that can help!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:57 pm

i am a FAA certified welder TIG MIG, ARC or OXY Fuel I live in Semmes. l Would be happy to help you out, Drop me a PM if your interested.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbadlands Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:43 am

FAA Certified HUH? Not heard of one of them. Tell me more
Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:03 am

I would love to see a pic of this triked out strat.
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:49 am

Mrbadlands wrote:FAA Certified HUH? Not heard of one of them. Tell me more

He is in the coastguard. They have to be certified to work on airplanes. FAA is fed aviation admin. I think.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-2006-Yamaha-Stratoliner-TRIKE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bf55d182QQitemZ110584254850QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles
Really super nice,loud and fast...I am trying to find some spoked wheelz...if you want more info as to where this was (and More) be glad to link ya...Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:51 pm

That is a beautiful machine!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Sweet.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbadlands Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 pm

hayweed wrote:He is in the coastguard. They have to be certified to work on airplanes. FAA is fed aviation admin. I think.

Kewl, I am a FAA Certificated A&P as well, just never heard of the welding certifications. Just curious was all
Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Mrbadlands wrote:
hayweed wrote:He is in the coastguard. They have to be certified to work on airplanes. FAA is fed aviation admin. I think.

Kewl, I am a FAA Certificated A&P as well, just never heard of the welding certifications. Just curious was all

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes I have my A&P, but I got certified as a welder when I was in the USMC. I went to NADEP in Cherry Point N.C.and got FAA certified as a welder. I am certified in Steel, stainless steel, inconel, hastelloy,aluminum, etc. Arc, Mig, Tig ,Oxy fuel and silver brazing. I worked for about a year between services for Wall Colmonoy in OKC fabricating aviation exhaust systems and heat exchangers. Any FAA welder is required to be certified thru the FAA.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbadlands Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Thanks for sharing that!

That is very interesting. I have been in Aviation for 26+ years and didn't realize that the FAA certified welders. I need to do me some more reading. Do you recall what FAR they are certified under?
Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 am

i am certified by the Military and recignized by the FAA. I will look at my certification so se if the Fed air Reg number is listed on it.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbadlands Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Oh I see. I don't see anything under the FAR's so it must be a military cert you have. I am sure the FAA recognizes certain certifications like you have for the repair of exhaust systems or their manufacture.
Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:36 pm

My certification allowed me to work for a civilain company when I was a civilain as a aviation welder. it is recognized in all 50 states. i will find them next tiem I am in my locker. I am sure it is somehomw attached to a FAR.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down