South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still around and riding some

3 posters

Go down

Still around and riding some Empty Still around and riding some

Post by 72shovelhead Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 am

Hello everyone, typical summer everyone is working or vacationing some even changing jobs and location.  Work has been steady since March and leaves little time to facebook, chat etc.. but never been a social butterfly/moth either.  Shovel still running great, just the regular maintenance since the complete re wire back before thunder beach. decided to forget about re painting it for now, would attract unwanted attention.  Still have not picked up on the sporty project, what is not in shed is still in boxes in garage. Darn weather saps any will to work on it along with no time due to work. This place has been quite as usual this time of year, and BON( Biker or not ) slow also unless you are trying to pick up someone's ex-or current old lady it seems. I guess that is why most of us male/female just like to get out on a lonesome road by ourselves to enjoy a ride with no drama, except the occasional critter or BIG BUG !! on the ride. The rare times when 3-6 riders get together for a ride is nice just to catch up on things. School is getting ready to start time to be careful of school buses and those young drivers & pickups and mini vans full of kids on the roadways which will kill you just the same as a drunk driver!! Everyone be safe keep the shiny side up" and hope to see some of you out there as the summer winds down.

72Shovelhead
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Still around and riding some Empty Re: Still around and riding some

Post by hayweed Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I would be happy to just ride to work. Seems like the weather always screws that up for me too. We need to get this forum running again though.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:02 pm

hayweed, there are times I wish I had a chance to ride my bike to work also. However with my profession you either rent a car and drive, or fly and then rent a car and drive. But it pays the bills, and been working mostly in Miami since the start of the year.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:06 am

Hey Dude Hope all is well.
I could use a one month ride about now! Still need to wait tho, Digging my way out of those holes from the past. Seems I keep throwing the dirt back on me!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:19 am

Scott, brother I have been wondering how you were! Good to hear from you, down in Miami working have not done much riding with rain and work lately.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 am

I been riding to work even in the rain just to ride! I came to the sound moral decision to just start over with everything! If I can get a few more things accomplished I am fixating to have one hell of a yard sale. I'm doing a indoor out door Sale! I'll sell the house for the right price too! I was just looking at the posts, looks like most of us have been lingering! I blame "Obooma Care!"
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:40 am

I hear you, I have a sporty project waiting for me to start when time allows. Good to hear you are still riding, take care hope to get up with sometime when back home.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down