South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miscellaneous items for sale

3 posters

Go down

Miscellaneous items for sale Empty Miscellaneous items for sale

Post by jmunsey Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 pm

1. One of those LED tailight/brakelight bulbs that rotate and pulse when you hit the brakes. I bought it for my Road King a few years back. It is the 1157 type and as it turned out I needed the other wedge type base. Brand new never used. I think they go for about $18 new. The first $10 offer takes it.

2. Off my 2007 Police Roadking: Crash bars - Good shape, probably a few scratches and normal wear if you look close - Make offer
Final Drive belt - very good condition; took it off at about 45K miles. I upgraded to a smaller drive sprocket so had to replace original belt. Make offer

3. Complete stock take off exhaust for a 2004 Honda VTX 1300 S - Make offer

4. Not really bike related but.....Very pretty 23 month old filly; paint/palomino. Only to a good home. $400 Firm.

Jim
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous items for sale Empty Re: Miscellaneous items for sale

Post by jmunsey Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:59 am

Just replaced entire exhaust on my 2000 Heritage Softail. The one I removed I am willing to sell cheap to get rid of it. It is a version of the Long shot type pipes. Not sure what brand but not V&H. They are pretty loud. These have been well used and are fair to good condition. They have between 51-61K and 10-13 years old. They were on the bike when I bought it in 2003.

$75 OBO
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:54 am

I probably committed Harley blasphemy last weekend. I bought my Softail 10 years ago with less than 10K on it. The original owner had done what the vast majority of Harley people do....buy a brand new bike and spend a bunch of money to buy a new exhaust system to make it loud and to "sound like a Harley". My pipes were those long shot type and they were very loud. To be honest....I hated them way back then but they looked good and came with the bike so I stuck with them.....for 10 years and 51K+. I used to see a slogan down at Daytona Bike Week on a Tshirt that said "If my pipes are too loud, you are too old". Guess those were true words as I got to the point I could not stand my own pipes as they were just too loud. So I picked up a set of take off bone stock exhaust from a 2006 Softail that had 10 miles on them when they were replaced with louder ones. Found them on ebay and put them on last weekend. I absolutely love them! Feels like a new bike and it is much quieter. I am enjoying riding it much more these days. I still wonder if any of my lost hearing will ever return!

;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:45 pm

The day I bought my bike, I had the pipes changed on the spot. What was on there was...obscene. That's the only way I could describe it. Straight pipes. Can't remember if they were a particular brand. Made my ears ring inside a 3/4 helmet. Nope, had to go. What I have now are slip ons by Performance. Love'em...nice Harley rumble.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:57 am

I can relate Mrs. G, I know what you mean by obscene! My last Harley had some kind of straight pipes on them. I hated it. My Road King has slip-ons that sound just right.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:13 pm

And just right is a great way to put it! I do know my bike sounds freakin AWESOME in the tunnel!!  cheers LOL!!!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 pm

I know what you mean. I don't rev mine to show off but I can't resist in the Tunnel!!!!
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Nope, no showing off for me either but I'm all over it in the tunnel! What a Face

Ok Jim, you can have your thread back now...Embarassed
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down