South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday night dinner ride (Hall's Motorsports)

5 posters

Go down

Thursday night dinner ride (Hall's Motorsports) Empty Thursday night dinner ride (Hall's Motorsports)

Post by HenryD Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey all....sorry the wife and I were not able to attend the gathering this Saturday.....sure looked like a ton of fun and good eats!

Wife and I did stop in at Halls this Friday and Steve said the dinner ride this week was going to go out to Hurley Mississippi. The place they are planning to go for dinner is http://www.sassysrestaurant.com/

Steve said the food has always been good and its a decent ride. Not sure of the route, I just get in line. Figured I would pass this along as another way to maybe meet some folks and also another reason to ride lol.

The ride usually leaves at 6-6:15 from Halls on the Beltline. Hope to see some of you there.

HenryD and Leigh Very Happy
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Thursday night dinner ride (Hall's Motorsports) Empty Re: Thursday night dinner ride (Hall's Motorsports)

Post by HenryD Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:28 pm

I guess no one is riding Thursday night??? boooooo!

+1 bump! Shocked
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Thursday night dinner ride (Hall's Motorsports) Empty Re: Thursday night dinner ride (Hall's Motorsports)

Post by Dragon Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Sorry, wasn't ignorin ya. Just have a lot goin on this week.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Got no use for hall's motorsports!!! They turned me away on a dangerous tire because I did not buy it from them, and that is not the first thing that went ugly with them.....Will never buy another bike from them or any one that has anything to do with them' maintenance for sure!!!!
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:30 am

mobilestromrider wrote:Got no use for hall's motorsports!!! They turned me away on a dangerous tire because I did not buy it from them, and that is not the first thing that went ugly with them.....Will never buy another bike from them or any one that has anything to do with them' maintenance for sure!!!!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Mine has been totally different. Steve and Danny have been great with helping my wife and I do whatever we wanted done to her bike.

This wasn't a post about Hall's though, this was just a post about a ride. I went about 6 weeks ago and there were about 12 bikes who attended. We had a good ride and then a good dinner. We were able to sit around telling stories and just relaxing over a glass of cold ice tea.

I hope to have the same thing happen tonight Very Happy
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by wseibert Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:20 am

mobilestromrider wrote:Got no use for hall's motorsports!!! They turned me away on a dangerous tire because I did not buy it from them, and that is not the first thing that went ugly with them.....Will never buy another bike from them or any one that has anything to do with them' maintenance for sure!!!!

Sales Dept: Great
Parts Dept: Great
Service Dept: Abysmal. James, the service manager there, is an ass.

You're right about Steve and Danny.
They are great guys. Trent too.
But, I will never deal with their service dept. again.
In fact, so much so that I would rather take my suzuki, that I bought at Halls, to a honda place.

Anyway, we'll see how things play out.
I'll talk with Deann and see if she wants to go out tonight
wseibert
wseibert
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I only deal with the dyno guys over there, and they are dicks

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm not going to bash Halls, but I'll never go there again.
I went there for a shim. A tiny piece of metal smaller then your pinky nail. The old guy at the parts counter said $12. I cussed him out & never went back. I ordered 99 shims for $70 shipped.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:43 pm

I have been going to SRS Power sports for all of my maintenance and parts, been treated good every time. I personally never met any of the Halls that I know of, but after buying a bike the next thing at a dealership that you deal with is maintenance and parts, and if that goes bad, then it is a deal breaker for the next new bike, or car...... I am very sorry for there loss of the store, I NEVER like to see anything like that happen to anyone....
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Well a follow up on the ride tonight. Only 5 bikes went. It was a good ride though and the food was REALLY good.

I had a Hamburger steak, gravy and onions, while the wife had Buffalo Shrimp. Both were really good.

Overall a good ride, 90 miles of relaxation!
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Ok got to ask, what is Buffalo Shrimp?
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:43 pm

usualy its shrimp in buffalo wing sauce or a similar variation

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Oh hell, now I am hungry!!! I have had that in Grand Isle, but it was with a lot of different sauces....Yummm, Yummm!

nickestes wrote:usualy its shrimp in buffalo wing sauce or a similar variation
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Yep....they were jumbo shrimp, battered and fried then tossed in a mildly hot buffalo wing sauce. They were quiet tasty!
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Owwwww!!! Yumm, Yumm!! Ok stop! Mmmmmm wing sauce!

HenryD wrote:

Yep....they were jumbo shrimp, battered and fried then tossed in a mildly hot buffalo wing sauce. They were quiet tasty!
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:37 am

Mmmmmm......Food!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down