South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: Please help our cub scout pack ( and my son) thanks!

3 posters

Go down

Wanted:  Please help our cub scout pack ( and my son)  thanks! Empty Wanted: Please help our cub scout pack ( and my son) thanks!

Post by 01YZF6 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Please!
Take a moment to read below, and if you can, please order something to help Brenden achieve his next community scout badge and award.

This is to raise some much needed money to keep his cub scout pack going !

thanks.

I am so excited! Every year our scouting group works to raise money to fund our scouting programs. New this year, you can help us earn our way in scouting by ordering products online.

Even better, your order will be shipped directly to you. When you order from CAMP MASTERS online, you are not only helping me, you are helping other scouts in our area.

70% of all product sales benefit our local scouts.

Just open your web browser and copy or type the following into the address bar

(URL): www.popcornordering.com

Browse through the catalog and you can place your order.

Please use my key code, 8752166452.

This will insure that I will get credit for this sale.

Thank you for supporting scouting.
PS: you can also fwd this to all of your friends and family too. ( if you think they would like to help us out and get some delicious popcorn too!)

Sincerely,

Brenden
Webelos
Cub Scout pack 103
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Wanted:  Please help our cub scout pack ( and my son)  thanks! Empty Re: Wanted: Please help our cub scout pack ( and my son) thanks!

Post by Edera Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Well we ordered some popcorn, but you need to talk with someone. Their S&H was more than my order. But anything to help the Scouts. My son's adopted Grandfather sat on the Allegheny Scout council, and and a number of friends and relatives were Eagle Scouts. I can think of about 8 off the top of my head.

Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Wanted:  Please help our cub scout pack ( and my son)  thanks! Empty Re: Wanted: Please help our cub scout pack ( and my son) thanks!

Post by 01YZF6 Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Thank you Edera! he has been a scout for 3 years now and really enjoys it !

in fact he has made me enjoy it just as much... so last year I became a Scout Leader for His Den.

I will look into the shipping thing and ask someone higher up
(this is something they did not discuss with us at the Ala-Flo council district meeting last week)
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Well, we are not one to complain, but our ten dollar order cost FOURTEEN for shipping. I would call that extreme. Especially in this day and age of the Post Office begging for more business and offering flat shipping and all Wink

A great organization like this should be catching a damn break on the costs, especially since I figure they deserve bulk shipping rates at LEAST. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:17 pm

I thank each of you for your generosity.....

and you are both correct.

I am outraged ! I had no idea this is how this company was handling it. I REFUSE to ask persons for their hard earned moneys, just to be raped by an outside company.

I AM SORRY !
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

It has come to my attention that the company that handles the online ordering and sales (campmasters) is RAPING people on the shipping costs.

I have had several irate persons contact me. ( across several forums and emails)

they are not upset with me, the cub scouts, or spending their hard earned money for a worthwhile effort and cause.
they are FURIOUS that a company would take advantage of chidlren ( in essence).

I just found out about this, so I am posting it for public knowledge.

a $10 popcorn order was averaging 10-18 $ IN shipping charges. :eek

so at this time i leave it at your discretion, and good sense, whether or NOT to order. I think this is quite outrageous and it infuriates me.

Also, if you would prefer to still help, and do not want any popcorn, I am allowed to accept a $10 minimum donation via paypal or snail mail, and I will add it to my sons sales sheet.

( and if you add your phone number to it, my proud lil scout will gladly make the effort to call and say thank you.)

please message me for payment info.
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Yep. And I make it clear right now, I fault neither you or the scouts whatsoever. I know ten bucks is a meager order, but its ten for the scouts. Maybe some folks around here can give you an order and get it sent to the troop or your kid (or you ) and save shipping that way.

Or just donate, the Scouts do a lot for their kids and communities.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Just wanted to let you know, the popcorn arrived today. The tin is real cute too, so it's a keeper. I only eat the stuff I pop with my Hot Air Popper, no Microwave for me. So I'll just keep refilling my tin.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:44 pm

glad you are happy with the popcorn !
I feel the same way about it too.... either in the hot air machine, or in a foil covered fry pan over a campfire...

thank you both so much for the support!!
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down