South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice lil trip today

3 posters

Go down

Nice lil trip today Empty Nice lil trip today

Post by HenryD Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Nice lil trip today Trip

Very nice "little ride" today. About 285 miles round trip, according to my Google map.

Weather was as good as anyone could ask for. My Ol'Honda fired off at 8:25 and we were off. Left Satsuma/Creola and shot across the Dolly Bridge, got off at the Bay Minette exit and headed to HWY 31. Rode that all the way to Brewton and headed over to hwy 29 and into Andalusia. Stopped to visit my 87 yr old Grandmother and sat a while with her. Was good to see her. I know she loves me and missed seeing me cause she started crying when I walked in. At least it was a happy cry though. I was humbled to say the least. Just a sign that us "young'uns" should remember to take time in our busy life to visit those who may not be so busy and enjoy some time with them while they are still around.

Anyway, left "Grannies" and headed over to the far side of Opp to visit my buddy who I ride with sometimes. Made several trips with him and some of his friends. Left Opp and headed across 84 to Excel and down to Frisco City and Uriah. Hit Hwy 59 and came on down to 225 at Stockton near the Stagecoach. Got home just before dark......excellent timing!!

Hope everyone had as nice of a day as I did. my 2nd day off since March 20th......and I enjoyed it! Got all the plants back up after our annual Turnarounds, so I am hoping for some more LONG weekends!

Sure was nice having the radiator on the VTX.... sunny parts of the day sure were warm Twisted Evil
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Nice lil trip today Empty Re: Nice lil trip today

Post by Jack the Bagger Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 pm

schweet nice route there
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Good ride. I have always wanted to check out that Conecuh national forest. Never been over that way.
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down