South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horse Back street choppersis rollin through South Alabama

2 posters

Go down

The Horse Back street choppersis rollin through South Alabama Empty The Horse Back street choppersis rollin through South Alabama

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Sorry if this has been posted all ready. But this months Horse Backstreet choppers Mag has an article on page 26 that announces their long road goes this year from New Orleans to Rockingham, NC. June 19 to June 23. It says that they are routing through and taking the ferry to Dauphin island for a laid back beach party.

http://www.ironcross.net/Pages/Smoke%20Out%20Pages/Monday_LongRd.html

Monday, June 20 – We ride 250 miles to Henderson Beach State Park (Florida State Campground) on the emerald green ocean. The recommended route (but you can do what you want on any bike you want) takes you on Route 90 along the Gulf with spectacular views of the ocean. Some of us are stopping in Louisiana for a swamp tour (www.cajunencounters.com) through the bayou and we are taking the Mobile Bay Ferry to Dauphin Island. The plan is to have a small fire on the beach with some Jimmy Buffet type jams.

If you want to camp it will be $15 for the night. Do not call the park for a camping reservation. We have already reserved and paid for camping spots and we will settle up at the campsite.

Henderson Beach State Park
17000 Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, Florida 32541
(850) 837-7550

There is a hotel across the street within walking distance.
Comfort Inn Destin phone # (850) 654-8611
19001 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin, FL 32541
Cost per room is approximately $119, depending on room type.

I just figured yall might want to plan to participate in this just for the coolness factor. I know Weirdbeard will.

Back to top Go down

The Horse Back street choppersis rollin through South Alabama Empty Re: The Horse Back street choppersis rollin through South Alabama

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:01 am

oh man - The Horse is my favorite mag! No way I can show up with a clean and semi-stock Road King tho - they'll make me park outside the campground - hahaha.

Is George the Painter gonna be there? That dude's articles kill me.

Back to top Go down

The Horse Back street choppersis rollin through South Alabama Empty Re: The Horse Back street choppersis rollin through South Alabama

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:30 pm

I dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 pm

But I have read where Hammer and Englishman ride the long road with them. It would be cool to get them to autograph a copy of the mag.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:53 pm

That is the only mag I read.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 am

Bumpin this hoping that some of yall can go out and give them a proper welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:34 am

Moving it to events....
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks phantom. I make mistakes but I do mean well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down