South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!!

5 posters

Go down

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! Empty My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!!

Post by 01YZF6 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 pm

I was helping an Uncle dredge through his Dad's land looking for a pile of 12x12 landscape timbers and 20 foot steel tower poles
that were dropped in the backside of 20 acres, some 10 years ago.

It was now very dense woods and heavily overgrown underbrush.

we were trampling through the somewhat visible dirt path attempting to knock it down using an ancient grading tractor,

As we got to the end of the path, we took a quick break and I had to relieve myself.
I walked 20 feet off the path and I saw an old steel shed half collapsed. I asked him if he had ever been there, and he said it was an old SHINE hut. ( apparently there used to be a still out back there a long long LONG time ago)
we walked over to it to see if there was anything of interest left behind, and as I look around the backside of it, there it is, I see it, a somewhat visible silhouette of a motorcycle leaning against a tree.

It started to call to me, beckoning me, an unknown force pulling me towards her
It is covered in leaves, pine brush, with vines running all over and through it.

I begin to clear it away, and see her Badge of honor.... the HONDA wing on the tank....

(we did not find any Shine Remnants unfortunately)

after we get back to the house, I ask his Dad about the old bike on the back 20 near the old Shine Shack.
He thought for a minute, almost as if he was slightly lost in his 67 years young mind, then slapped his hand on the table!

His story is as follows: (trying to keep it as true to his words as I can remember)

back in the late 80's a Feller stumbled up on my place, scratched, bleeding, and DRUNK !
My lady friend was here at the time and we helped him inside, and tended to his injuries.
we fed him cold supper, warm whiskey, and we let him bed down in the shack out back.

next morning, while eating deer sausage and biscuits, he told us he was riding his motorbike,
on the way to south florida, when a big animal ran in front of him, and he slid down the road on his bike.

he asked to spend one more night, to rest up and heal, and he would be on his way the following morning.
we went down the road, got his bike loaded into the truck, and drove back to my place.

we parked the bike against a tree.
that night we were all enjoying some more spirits, singing, and playing guitar, around a fire pit over yonder
( pointing towards the shack area down the path)

My lady friend was drunk and feeling frisky and decided to git herself nekked and dance around.

we must have passed out later on too, cuz I woke up cold and damp next to the damn burnt logs!
( insert yeehehehe yeee laugh)

The next morning when I went out to see the feller on his way, he was already gone, and so was my lady friend!
(insert cursing and grumblings)

but the motorcycle was still here against the tree....

Ya know, it must have been her dang Private Parts that he was interested in more than this dang ole Motorcycle....

Forgot all about that dang s*it til' just now too....( shakes head and mumbles some not so nice things about the woman again)

So after a few minutes, I ask him what he is doing with it and he told me if I can get it out of those back woods, I can have it.

so almost an hour later, a lot of cursing, a few scratches, and some heavy grunting and lifting, my Uncle and I were able to drag it out to an area that we could get a trailer backed in.

Got her home and gave her a long look over, seeing a lot of things you dont pay attention to when dragging a 600 lb bike through the woods!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO............ ( Drum roll please )

Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to introduce to you "Miss Private Parts" !

She is a 1981 CB750 Custom

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! 100_3213

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! 100_3214

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! 100_3215

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! 100_3216

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! Empty Re: My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!!

Post by 01YZF6 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:58 pm

the BAD .... no keys, missing side covers, rear wheel is seized up, missing stator cover, hole in crank case cover.

The good......

this is a great project for me and my sons to work on together, it has potential, and it is going to take a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time to do !

this is what it COULD? look like if I go the 100% restored route....

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! Cb750_10
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!! Empty Re: My first ever Project bike.. "Miss Private Parts" !!!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 pm

COOL, GOOD PROJECT, HOW YA GONE GET IT HOME ON THAT YAMAHA, LOL LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:38 pm

hahah ole' girl will tow anything just about !
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Brother 01YZF6 that is awesome and it looks to be in good shape too!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 am

looks like it is mostly there though. Just a matter of replacing what is missing and repairing what is there.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am

Nice find. And great story too.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:30 pm

What luck! Have fun. Excellent project bike .

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:51 am

thanks! a few things recently have kept me from even THINKING about starting into this. but then again this IS a father/sons project too... so time is on my side !
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Very nice story and bike, have fun.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:12 am

hahah thanks....

I have neglected this project since day 3... unfortunately I have found neither the time, extra money, or desire at this time to pursue this labor of love.

someday though.... someday...
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down