South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some have inquired as to my back problems

+3
weirdbeard
DirtFreak
Dragon
7 posters

Go down

Some have inquired as to my back problems Empty Some have inquired as to my back problems

Post by Dragon Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 pm

And if I am ok, etc. Appreciate all those. Smile
So, an update. Saw the Chiropractor twice in the past two days. I thought I had slipped a vertebrae out, only to find out it was 7. Feelin very crappy and sore after those adjustments and so sore I cant even touch my back, lie or sit comfortably. Doesn't want me to ride for a couple weeks and see him regularly till then. Supposed to go back to work tomorrow and am dreading that severely, being this sore.

Bottom line is my job (Tire Tech, slinging 60-80 + pound tires on a 12 hr shift some days ) is a young man's game. Hell even the other guy we have who IS young AND a bodybuilder is starting to have problems as well. I dearly love working with Hayweed and he has helped me TONS both at work and as a friend and taught me a lot, but I really need to find something less physically demanding. Got apps to hell and back both in person and online, two job websites and have been playing tag with AT&T for months for an installer job, only to get told they are now not going to hire until after the first of the year. Not much response, even though I consider my resume to be pretty sterling. And I believe Hayweed will tell you I am not late or lazy by any means, I do my very best to show up on time, get the job done and find other work when times get slow. Looking like I need a word in from someone on the inside or word of mouth.

So if anyone hears of any opening around or where they work, let me know, I appreciate it. Or drop me a PM with an email, I will send a resume copy to you.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Some have inquired as to my back problems Empty Re: Some have inquired as to my back problems

Post by DirtFreak Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:28 am

I hate to hear about your back. It sux, but that is the only way to get a job in this area. My wife has been laid off for 3 months. Every job she tries to get, goes to some friend or family person. I'll keep my ears open for ya. What about the geek squad at Bedt Buy?
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Some have inquired as to my back problems Empty Re: Some have inquired as to my back problems

Post by Dragon Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks loads, DirtFreak. Just for the sympathy and understanding. Seems most others have overlooked this thread, when I needed Brother and Sisterhood at it's most. You show very much a charter members insight. Wink

That is a great idea, I will look into that work as well. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Dragon I have not over looked this thread. I just wish I had some suggestion for you, but I don't.. Times are tough. I feel lucky to have my back breaking job.. Two of my co workers have already been let go just from lack of work . Its pretty shitty to know that if I get hurt I am screwed.

I can only say that I am here and I hear ya. I hope you start feeling better. Things will work out.

Wink
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Believe me I feel your pain as far as the back-breaking work and subsequent job-hunt (of which I will be joining you in about 10 weeks) If I do hear of anything I will be sure to let ya know.

By the way what all are you qualified to do?
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Thanks all. Smile

Not to be arrogant in any way, but I been everywhere and done pretty much everything from grunt work to PC stuff, to repairs, to mechanical, to management.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Employer: Big 10 tires: 4700 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL 36608-3134
Duties: Tire Technician, Mechanic.

Employer:Vintage Realty for Magnolia Trace Apartments Location: Alexandria, La. Duration: 10/20/08-11/15/09
Duties: Maintenance Technician. All phases of repairs or replacing anything mechanical in the apartment units and complete restoration to original condition.

Employer: Blockbuster Video (Franchise ) Location: Nampa, ID Duration: 12/07-05/11/08
Duties: Shift Manager. Supervise CSR employees, customer service, cashier, clerical, cash counts and deposits, inventory, sales and promotions, account signups and maintenance and account collections. Open or closing shifts.

Employer: Blockbuster Video Location: Chicago, IL Duration: 11/06-12/07
Duties: Shift Manager (promotion in less than 4 months). Supervise CSR employees, customer service, cashier, bookwork, cash, inventory and promotions. Open or closing shifts, some doubles. Was on call for work in seven stores as a fill-in. Commended many times for my performance, attendance and professional attitude by management and customers alike.

Employer: SIU Edwardsville Location: Edwardsville, IL. Duration: 03/04 - 07/06
Duties: BSW 1, Custodial. Assigned Nursing School, requiring high level maintenance. Commended several times.

Employer: LCC College Location: Alton, IL. Duration: 01/03 - 02/04
Duties: Custodial. Assigned Main Executive Offices, requiring high level maintenance. Commended several times.

Employer: Imperial Mfg. Location: Worden, IL Duration: 01/02 - 11/02
Duties: Shipping/Receiving. Pick and pack. Inventory. Quality and quantity control. Clean/reorganize warehouse. Load/unload trucks. Submit inventory reports. Restock warehouse. Train new employees.

Employer: Downing Disposal Location: St. David, IL Duration: 11/01 -01/02
Duties: Sanitation Engineer, truck maintenance. Used chain hoist/wire cable lifts. Trained new employees.

Employer: Andover Togs Location: Scottsboro, AL Duration: 02/99- 10/01
Duties: Screen printing machine operator/crew Supervisor with a 12 station hydraulic press machine. Produced an avg. of 450 doz. goods per shift, with less than 1% defect rate. Supervised/trained 3 man crew, performed repairs/maintenance during breakdowns.

Employer: Murray Industries Location: Peoria, IL Duration: 11/96 -01/99
Duties: Sandblaster/Bodyman/Mechanic/Crew Supv. Used sandblasters, forklift, welder, cutting torches, brazing tips, body shop tools, air hammers, jackhammers, pressure washers and paint sprayers.

Employer: Hollywood Video Location: Canton, IL Duration: 03/96 -10/96
Duties: Customer Service, Cashier utilizing scanner and PC. Restocked, reorganized, inventoried store goods. Ordered merchandise, inbound CSR. (Note: Hollywood pulled this store out, reason for short work duration.)

Employer: Dominoes Pizza Location: Canton, IL Duration: 08/95-11/96
Duties: Started as a delivery driver, made manager within 6 months. Cook, supervisor, trained employees, Scheduling, Routing, Accounting, Payroll, Inventory, Public Relations.

SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Can use computers/office equipment to enter or pull written orders and fill for shipping.
Can Inventory using written reports/scanners, read shipping orders and maintain quality and quantity control.
Can file reports or make orders for work requests, inventory, supplies, safety, incident reports, accident reports or Employee and Customer grievances.
I provide Customer Service in a cheerful helpful business fashion.
I am experienced in management, public relations, and advertising promotions.

Tools I am familiar with:
Forklift, Pallet Jack, Wrapping Machine, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Air Tools, Hydraulic Lifts, Sandblasters, Cutting Torches, Hoists (both manual and electric), PC’s, point of sale systems and office machines.
OTHER SKILLS

I have been around Computers and the Internet for over 12 years and can diagnose and fix most computer problems on my own. I can reinstall or upgrade components and connect small networks. I have also designed, created and maintained a great number of web sites and post boards using creation programs for myself and friends. I have also designed and created logos, banners, business cards and flyers for friends family and business utilizing graphics programs.

I think, work fast and under pressure very well and adapt to meet any changes needed.

I am very analytic, pay extreme attention to detail and quality and take supreme pride in my work. I am a self starter and motivated, work well as a team, can train other employees and love to teach coach and listen.

I have excellent phone, written, spelling and people skills with a professional attitude.

I am timely and prompt if not ahead of any deadlines.

I have been commended many times for my cheerfulness, optimism, and upbeat manner when dealing with customers, no matter whether it was a simple transaction or a complaint that needed attention.

Very knowledgeable in Mechanics, Tools, Wiring, Plumbing, Carpentry, Pets, Lawn Care.

I am an excellent all around adaptable worker to suit any of your needs.

Community Affiliations:
Canton Jaycees: 12 years.
Vice President Public Relations 2 years. Submitted events to newspapers. Designed, printed flyers for events. Lliason to the public and businesses. Secured donations of goods or services. Reserved locations. Operated booth at local fair "Merchant Building" for public relations.
President 8 years. Held meetings, supervised projects, scheduled manpower for events. Implemented new ideas and changes that lessened club difficulties, event problems, secured more donations, enabled club business to run more smoothly. Mediated disputes or grievances.

Notable Achievements:
Chapter awarded "Most Enthusiastic" 3 times during tenure as President.

Chairman, Canton area MDA telethon phone center 3 years. Awards all 3 years.

Chairman, Canton Fireworks 4th of July Presentation 4 years. State Certified to transport store and ignite class B explosives. During Chairmanship, donations doubled.

Chairman, "Haunted House" project 8 years. Awarded "Best in State" 4 times. Proceeds collected during my chairmanship nearly tripled yearly.

EDUCATION:
High School: Canton Christian School (Private School) GPA: A minus
Graduated 1980, Four Months early with their self paced program.
Awards: Multiple, including scholastic grades, work speed, and attendance. Tested for reading speed. 2200 wpm, with 85% retention.

College:
School: Truman Location: Chicago, IL Major: Computer Sciences GPA: B. One Semester. Considered transfer to DeVry or ITT Tech school for BA degree before deciding to move to Nampa.

Military Background:
United States Marine Corps
Dates: December 1981 - March 1982
MOS: Military Police Classification: Secret

Notable Achievements:
Assigned Squad Leader
Offered assignment as a Marine Honor Guard

Unites States Army Reserve
Dates: July 1979 - December 1981
MOS: 35B Electronic Instrument Repairer

Notable Achievements:
Achieved a score of 97 on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test.
Awarded "Best Man in Company"
Offered reassignment to enter the West Point Academy at the end of basic training.
Tested and received Certification to solder connections for NASA.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:21 am

Wow! Well if you are ever interested in the medical field.... Altapointe is always hiring Behavior Aids..pay sucks but its easy and has insurance.

Back to top Go down

Post by mick01 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Hate to hear about your back. I know what your going through, if I hear of anything will give you a shout.That is a young mans job!I was lucky enough to be able to retire Worked 30 years for a drug company Mckesson. GOOD LUCK Mickey
mick01
mick01
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks everyone. Very Happy

Deannesei, if you could send me a PM with some info and how to apply. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Brother Dragon how is your back holding up man? I know that is a bad deal...I bent down to pick up an extension cord a couple weeks back and my back did something...I do not know what...but I can say it was probably some of the worst pain I have ever felt and I have a very high threshold for pain but that deal just took my breath away, luckily my back was better after a couple of days but I feel for you brother as that back deal is bad man. Most of the people over in this area have been having a very hard time and most people I know have been either losing their jobs or have been having there hours and pay cut way back. I hope you are feeling some better man, take it easy and get lots of rest man.
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks Joey. Means a lot. Smile

Well, I went to the chiropractor on Wed. and again Thursday.
( I can't say enough good about them, I have seen various ones since I was 10. And I know there are some scary stories sometimes that go around, but I have yet to meet anyone that got "messed up" by one )

Anyone going to one for the first time, I will not lie, you are going to be SORE for a few days, from the muscles not being used to actually being in the PROPER place after an adjustment. And it's going to take 4-5 visits before that stops, but after that...whew...you will feel like a different person.

Anyway, he put the seven vertebrae back in (plus some other places that were out as well ) and that night it HURT...but I knew why. Going back the next day it helped some on that. But the first day back, I actually ran out of steam about 6 hrs into the shift (12 hr shift ), but toughed it out. Second day at work, I had the choice of being let go early in the day, about 7 hrs in and was damn glad to get off work. So today I am in a severe overall hurtin and can't get back in to see him until Wed. again, so I am dreading working mon. and tuesday. But I will make it, I am a tuff old biker and all....Razz

But...it really really reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally

REALLY sucks, gettin old.......Sad
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:35 pm

That is good to hear that you are at least getting some relief through the chiropractor and I have actually heard good things about most of them. Mechanic guys like us always seem to end up with back trouble, I guess we just put our bodies through to much! Tough old biker or not pain is still pain and a lot of people just do not understand what that back deal feels like, I sure didn't until I felt it. Go easy man and take care of yourself.
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostrider Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:29 am

Brother Dragon, hadn't overlooked the thread just been traveling a lot but trying to figure out how I could help you. Well, I don't know alot about what I can do but say I dam sure hope the back gets better and with all the qualifications you got hopefully you can find something that works better for you. Don't know whats down there on the coast but check into management at some of the BestBuy stores( oldest son is a manager for the and makes dam good and a lot of perks to go with the job too) or some of the LEO deals there (don't kown alot about them other than what won't help you with them LOL). Anyway brother, hope you the best and tke care of that back. Now time for another beer!!
Ghostrider
Ghostrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:05 am

Dragon hope that back gets better. didn't realize you where from my part of the world in Ill. I was an East Saint Louis man. Born and raised till I was old enough to get out that septic tank of a town and moved down south here. well hope you get to feeling better man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 am

Drink one fer me, Ghost. Very Happy

I hear ya on the St. Louis decoy, been there a few times. Did the 4th of July under the arch festival, man soooooo many people......
And all of them rude, it felt like.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:32 pm

yeah did the forth there once are twice myself. To crazy for me . and yes they are rude there. That's why I'm down here with the down to earth people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Working hard on it, my help at the shop reached havoc on it, idk know what is going on right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down