South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new speedometer face and dash plate

5 posters

Go down

new speedometer face and dash plate Empty new speedometer face and dash plate

Post by jughead Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Just approved the final design. I should have them in about 10 days. Very Happy

new speedometer face and dash plate RaiderMHBrbWirerebelYell3

new speedometer face and dash plate RaiderDeckRebelYell2

jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

new speedometer face and dash plate Empty Re: new speedometer face and dash plate

Post by Dragon Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Niiiiice. Smile
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

new speedometer face and dash plate Empty Re: new speedometer face and dash plate

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Hey, is that vinyle that you are going to lay in the guage or is it actually printed on aluminum?

I am interested in a set for Caroline, different look of course, but I do need some!

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Those are cool man!
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:42 pm

tWistedWheelz wrote:Hey, is that vinyle that you are going to lay in the guage or is it actually printed on aluminum?

I am interested in a set for Caroline, different look of course, but I do need some!

email this guy webslinger4@gmail.com I am not sure if he makes them for your bike. This is the email I got from him describing the faceplate.

-Graphics are done per customer per dial – each dial is a custom make (there are no dials just coming off the shelf)

– then after approval of the graphics - the design is printed on adhesive backed Poly Film

-It’s over sprayed with high gloss UV protectant Clear Coat – odometer windows are cut out with a razor knife – then trimmed out with heavy duty scissors -

- mounted on Lexan ( I have a source of Lexan not open to the general public …very thin – very heat resistant…rated up to 1500 degree’s.)

- then a dremel router and Drill is used to drill the holes and trim the Lexan - cut out -drilled and the edges are buffed with a 4 ½ inch angle grinder with a paint stripping wheel

-then the dial is inspected for defects – if bad – start over – (this can be the time consumptive part)

- packaged in tissue paper and bubble mailer - …..

- labels are printed with the postage over the computer with a computerized mailing system providing tracking and shipping information – all mailings go out USPS First Class Mail (No tracking information is available for international shipments)"

I sent him a picture of a general idea and he ran with it. 3 different redraws for him to add and remove things. All for the low low price of $35.00 speedometer face $30.00 for the dash plate. Including shipping. where else can you do something really custom to your bike for $35.00?

Hope this helps.
Very Happy

Last edited by jughead on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Dragon wrote:Niiiiice. Smile

joeyputt wrote:Those are cool man!

Thanks
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:18 am

That is very cool and that design is SICK! Post up some pics of them mounted up as soon as you get them on the bike!

Thanks for the info, I will get up with the guy and see if he can do something for me, and $35 sounds like a deal if they are the quality he described!

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:54 am

Very sweet man.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Very impressive Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:28 pm

holy crap I need one!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:09 pm

LUDICROUS SPEED!
Freakin great man. I love Space Balls.
"Funny...She doesn't look Druish."

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:15 pm

That is just awesome. It's going to look great on your bike

Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Deviant1 wrote:LUDICROUS SPEED!
Freakin great man. I love Space Balls.
"Funny...She doesn't look Druish."

I wondered how many people would get that. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I will post pics as soon as they come in and I can install them.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down