South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUELL BLAST,YES OR NO

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BUELL BLAST,YES OR NO Empty BUELL BLAST,YES OR NO

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:49 am

I am looking for a small bike to ride around close to home,my question is.Will this be a good bike for that I have heard they are easy to work on and I like thumpers.I havent rode in 15 years but want to ride again. I also want to work on the bike myself. thanks for any info. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

BUELL BLAST,YES OR NO Empty Re: BUELL BLAST,YES OR NO

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Welcome to the boards! I have no clue about bikes but some of our more elite will be on sometime today and give you some good advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:53 pm

At the moment I'd say no, only because Harley dropped them and I don't know if parts are still going to be available. I haven't heard what the status of the company will be.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure our more experienced MALE riders will have their opinion for you soon.

BUELL BLAST,YES OR NO Welcome-to-z5
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Welcome. Buy whatever floats your boat.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks to all,any advice is welcome,I hope to have a bike soon.I just recently decided life is to short not to do something you love so I am on the hunt for a deal.I am glad I found this site.It is hard to meet good people anymore.Thanks to everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:18 pm

We have some awsome people on this site..even in person Smile And we all have advice but you can only make the decision, because after everyone's input you have to live with it.
They find all kind of deals on CL so keep your eyes on the boards they post links. There are a couple bikes for sale in that section as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:49 pm

I have been watching it like a hawk,but i work offshore and my luck has been no deals when im home and many deals when im gone.I wanted a suzuki savage like I rode when I was younger,but I keep missing them.I get off Wed.and I will be going to look at a few. I just wish I could find that flat black bobbed savage with skulls all over it I dream about. Hell I would take a stock savage and do it up myself.they sell on craigslist for $700 to $1300,and I miss every damn one.Who knows what I will wind up with,maybe a bicycle with a motor on it. lol but I always wanted a blast my friend had one and I loved that little bike. I just hear bad things and good things about them and dont know what to think.If anybody sees a cheap thumper let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Welcome to the funny farm. The Buell is a nice bike. H-D is not a part of them anymore. But they have released them to be built by the inventer. You should be good on parts for the Buell's.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:04 pm

I didn't know that, Thankx Hayweed.

See I told you the more informed MALES of the group will be around to straighten me out.

Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Welcome to the boards. I will get your first beer but you are on your own after that.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:39 pm

She says MALE like it's a bad thing....lol!

If yer really wanting a Buell, here's one.
http://mobile.craigslist.org/mcy/1835588608.html

Other than that, I would say anything around the 500-650 mark for getting around on. Kaw makes dependable models, IMO.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Yep, thats the one Im going to look at. where is a good place to get tires put on a bike ,and get work done,because none of the harley dealers work on buells now.I know it will need tires, and some other little things done.But with my luck it will be sold before I can see it. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Hayweed can put them on at the shop we both work at. Big 10 tires at 4700 Airport road there in Mobile. Get with him. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Its a second posting..so maybe not. Nick works on bikes and Hayweed can help you with putting on tires.. I love putting other people to work! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

No matter what I get Im sure it will need tires so I will do that. THANKS !!!,do you buy the tires offline or locally I like to buy local.but do not want to pay a ton more than I would online.[sorry for all the ?,s] I just have no idea it has been a long time for me and motorcycles. thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:23 pm

No problem, always happy to help someone get back on the road. Very Happy We don't sell motorcycle tires at big 10. And unless anyone else on here has an in, I imagine it will be cheaper online. But give it a day or so, someone might have a better way of getting you some.

Oh and FYI...Harley WILL work on Buells, and they are now doing other imports as well. But we have enough techs on this board that wont charge you nearly as much as the dealership would, if it comes down to that. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:27 pm

I have a bobber for sale just like you are looking for, go to the events and look up, nick and dusty dropped by there will be a pic there, and I work on buells and have no issues finding there parts yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks to all,You are all great,Now i gotta find a bike.I also saw something called a jpeg, anybody know anything about those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:39 pm

I thought that was a file? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Man that shadow bob is sweet but Im sure its to rich for my blood but it is one nice ride I love the pegs.How does it ride. I kinda always wondered about those seats looks like it would hurt your gromet. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:48 pm

It's a Johnny Pag. Edera has one. Look in the other topics and you will find a pic. I think she has some pics in the "other" forum. Just click the link.

http://samcs.mmorpgheroes.com/other-brands-f15/this-is-my-ride-t27.htm
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:55 pm

that jpeg thingy is nice it is a wicked looking custom.

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Here is a video from Erik Buell on his intentions for the Buell. He will be producing Racing parts and bikes. NOT street bikes like I thought. Sorry!