South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just curious what everyone does for a living

+7
crispy
Dragon
KCS10247
hayweed
weirdbeard
Edera
Paladin
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Just curious what everyone does for a living Empty Just curious what everyone does for a living

Post by Paladin Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:04 pm

I know we have the "Services Provided" section in the forum but this is for the rest of us. What does everyone do for a living? I am a production welder. I weld conveyor belt pulleys for coal mines and do some light fabrication.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Just curious what everyone does for a living Empty Re: Just curious what everyone does for a living

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 pm

You so nosy! 19 year critical care peds nurse...found my way to psych.....yea don't ask, but anyway trying to find my way back to my babies without loseing money. But if this education gig comes though I might be a new hire MAC trainer (medication administering certification) so they can pay someone 7 bucks an hour to work on a nurses licease so they can save money...yeah!!

Back to top Go down

Just curious what everyone does for a living Empty Re: Just curious what everyone does for a living

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:37 pm

I work for Northrop Grumman as a Shipbuilding Electrician / Welder. I have a "dual spec " craft, so I can weld up foundations, light legs, studs etc.. for the rest of my crew and not have to rely on the welding department. It's great for me to be able to practice all day welding mild steel and stainless but it's also a curse to have to practice all day. I make .20 cents more an hour than everyone else but I have a lot more responsibility, more tools to carry, more paperwork, rods to check in and out, oh and don't forget about the 400 foot of welding line I have to drag around all day from compartment to compartment...

I know I sound like I'm complaining, but truthfully I enjoy my job most days. I'm thankful I am working. I drove over 1200 miles just for this job because I was out of work for so long in NY. I have met some great people along the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Cause you are in the south and not NY ;p

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm unemployed. 20 years in sales and Management, with a Degree in Ceramics. I'm a jack of all trades master on non. I type around 65 wpm. I've done inventory control, customer service, secretarial duties, I can read blue-print, order materials. Oh well, maybe they'll hire me at Pier One in August.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:45 am

other than trying to get my shop off the ground and being a master ASE technician, I have done emergency shutdowns for the last 5 years, I am a nccer pipefitter, nationaly certified rigger and nccer, combo welder, nccer boilermaker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:20 am

Custom Cabinets and Entertainment centers. Been doing wood work for about 20+yrs started as a trim carpenter in St.Louis. so if anybody needs any cabinets just let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:45 am

I am a wood worker.. I build custom furniture mostly these days.. Used to do a lot more cabinets before the economy got crappy. Also do home repair/remodel stuff as well.

Lots of blue collars on here.. Where are the doctors and lawyers? Suspect
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:47 am

ASE tech. Also a slave driver. Just ask dragon. Laughing
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KCS10247 Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:59 am

slave driver!!!! na ! ASE TECH as well
KCS10247
KCS10247
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 am

All these talented people makes me wish I had lots of money, so I could put ya'll to work at my house!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 am

weirdbeard wrote:
Lots of blue collars on here.. Where are the doctors and lawyers? Suspect

So much for the stigma that Harleys are only ridden by rich people, eh? *wink*
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm

I've been in the building supply industry for 26 yrs,
so blessed to still have a job,,,,,,,,,,,,

happy 4th everybody

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Sweet. Have to agree with ya Dragon. But then again we aren't the type to not ride because it looks like it may, possibly, could, have a slight possibility of a chance of rain maybe too, though.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:39 pm

hmm You talking about me Draconis?!?!?!?! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:50 am

No not at all. I am not taking pot shots at anyone on the site. But some people that I have known through the years will only ride for about four weeks out of the year. They will ride for about two weeks in the spring and two weeks in the fall. The times when it isn't cold and isn't hot not raining, so on and so forth.

And this is why I love this site.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:13 am

I'm just messing with ya Draconis!! I don't like to ride when its raining it's ok to get caught in the rain. I don't ride when its cold, cause turning blue hurts! And I don't wear black... Does that make me a wannabe? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 am

YES......It does. Razz
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:52 am

I'm cool with that! But you still have to let me in the club!! I'm good PR.

Back to top Go down

Post by KCS10247 Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 am

of corce we will cheers
KCS10247
KCS10247
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Deannsei wrote:I'm just messing with ya Draconis!! I don't like to ride when its raining it's ok to get caught in the rain. I don't ride when its cold, cause turning blue hurts! And I don't wear black... Does that make me a wannabe? lol

Already decided about 50-60 degrees is my limit, depends on how sunshiny it is. I'm like you I want riding fun not an endurance thing. If I think it's going to basically be miserable I'm waiting on a better day. But hey living here you've got a good 9 months or longer of great riding weather, we are blessed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Work at DMV, processing Driver License and doing Driving Tests for new License. Boy, do I have some stories for ya..........You wouldn't believe......

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Oh wow, you are gonna have to entertain us sometime,
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 pm

draconis wrote:No not at all. I am not taking pot shots at anyone on the site. But some people that I have known through the years will only ride for about four weeks out of the year. They will ride for about two weeks in the spring and two weeks in the fall. The times when it isn't cold and isn't hot not raining, so on and so forth.

And this is why I love this site.

I call those "Garage Bikers." Wink

You see the ads often...."20 yr old Bike for sale, only 10,000 miles....always garaged..." Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crispy Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:32 am

Thats low Arrow
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next