South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accent lighting ???

2 posters

Go down

Accent lighting ??? Empty Accent lighting ???

Post by VULCANRIDER Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have gotten some mixed feed back on this and I tried to look it up and not really finding what I want.
Does anyone know the laws in Alabama on having accent lighting on a bike ? I have some very dim
led lights (light purple) my wife wants me to put on her bike. I was told by some that they have been pulled over by police and told they cant use them. And others have told me they have never had a problem. I am not wanting to make her bike light up like a foot ball stadium. Just a few lights is all.
They dont blink or flash or anything ike that. She mainly wants them so she is more visible at night to others.

I personally would think anything to make us more visible at night would be good without going over board and not looking like the Las Vegas strip.... So any ideas, opinion,feedback ????

VULCANRIDER

Back to top Go down

Accent lighting ??? Empty Re: Accent lighting ???

Post by hayweed Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:37 pm

The law states that the lighting can not be red or blue. Purple can be mistaken for blue. As long as its not too bright you should not have a problem.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VULCANRIDER Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:56 am

Very Happy Thanks !

VULCANRIDER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum