South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family stuff to do in southern Alabama

+4
01YZF6
Dragon
jughead
camo
8 posters

Go down

Family stuff to do in southern Alabama Empty Family stuff to do in southern Alabama

Post by camo Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:20 pm

I like taking the family out for quality time, But I am running out fo cool stuff here in Mobile. We have doen the battleship, The forts on daulphin island, adn by the tunnell, Explorium, family fun golf. I like things of historic sugnificance alot too. Anyhow does anyone have any ideas on things I can do with the family?

Anyone been to the caves over in Florida?
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Family stuff to do in southern Alabama Empty Re: Family stuff to do in southern Alabama

Post by jughead Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:38 pm

I have not been to to the caves, but you can ride the ferry from Dauphin Island over to Ft Morgan and visit the fort there also.

I used to take my kids to Municipal Park to feed the ducks. (this was YEARS ago, not sure what the area is like now)

Found this website http://www.familydaysout.com/kids-things-to-do-usa/mobile/al/

Let us know if you find something good.
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Family stuff to do in southern Alabama Empty Re: Family stuff to do in southern Alabama

Post by Dragon Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 pm

There's a water park around here, isn't there? The fort has a pirate re-enactment every year with all sort of historical people demonstrating period stuff. Pensacola tried to have a pirate fest but it got rained out, it has now been rescheduled for November. (3 day event, an adult pirates ball friday niight ) I have never been to the annual Angel Ride, but the grounds and events are family friendly I am told and for a good cause.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:31 pm

If you are going to take the 4 hour drive to florida caverns, in Marianna. bring a cooler, some drinks, and a towel (swim stuff, snorkles, masks, etc) and also hit up Blue Springs state park in Marianna as well. they have a diving board, slide, docks, paddle boat rentals, etc right IN the spring.

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Have y'all been to the naval aviation museum in p'cola yet? It is a lot of fun for kids of all ages.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissakins Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 pm

And, the Naval Aviation Museum is FREE Smile
Melissakins
Melissakins

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Been to the aviation museum, the forts and the explorium way too many times already. I think the weather is going to thwart our plans at the caves in florida. Still looking, Thansk for the help so far everyone.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by saltcreep Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:23 pm

The D-Day museum , the aquarium and the zoo in New Orleans..
I really like the D-Day museum
saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:31 am

I took the family to Fl caverns this summer. It was neat, but they really enjoyed the stop we made at Ponce De leon fountain of youth.

I've ran into the same prob finding things to do in the area. Having to branch out a couple hours.
jaded
jaded
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down