South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Bike New Project!

4 posters

Go down

New Bike New Project! Empty New Bike New Project!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:45 am

My Girl wants a more comfy seat. I want LOUDER pipes. Other than that I don't know where to start. I have always been more of a plug and play type with my bikes. So any ideas would be great.
Image hosted by servimg.com

Back to top Go down

New Bike New Project! Empty Re: New Bike New Project!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 am

all the fun you want let your imagination go, at least thats what I tell my customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 am

If they make Bassani pipes for your model, I personally think they sound better than vance and hines. (and are cheaper ) Might try Dennis Kirk online, that's where I got mine.

Seats are far flung as to wants and needs. Ebay or Debrix Cycles might have something you like. Otherwise get someone to recover yours with memory foam and gel pads.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:18 am

The only problem I have with buying a new seat is you may not like the one you you buy. Be careful is all I can say.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 am

If you just want your exhaust louder, then drill holes in the buttplug. Start out with a few small ones & try it out until your happy.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:30 am

I just traded my C50 custom. I bought it because the wife really liked the comfort on the passenger seat (which was seperate from the drivers seat). You have the M50, but the c50's rear seat should work and can be found for pennies on ebay. Then when she isnt riding with you, you can solo it.

As far as pipes go - I made a 2-into-1 setup for my bike. Was a total PITA (Pain In The Area below your back) Very Happy . There is a way to drill small holes in the back plate of the stock pipes to make it just a little louder, and if you want to really have a deeper note, there are directions online to removing the rear plate completely. Its probably the second most popular thing done to those bikes besides handlebar swaps.

If you make it to the BBQ next weekend, I can show ya what needs to be done. It isnt hard. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Drilling holes will change the sound? Where to drill?
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:00 am

I have always like Mustang seats...seem to be really good...might start off with a backrest for her though that could go a long way for comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down